US files motion to intervene in AT&T secrets case

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Historically the US goes through periods of extreme corporatism and extreme-anticorporatism. Guess what period we're in right now?

In a few years time the pendulum will swing the other way -- it may have already started with the 2006 election. Sherman will rumble to life (the anti-trust act, not the WWII era tank... but that's an amusing image) and we'll see AT&T and Verizon broken up again, the Petro-Cartels clapped in irons, and the usual stuff.

Then it'll all start over again just in time for your grandkids to get pissed off about it.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hrm i wonder when i actually posted that cause i was in the middle of editting it apparenty not posting it for the first time :?. while the trafficing its information to the NSA can be a little scary, having a perfect competition economy or large number of competitors isnt necesarrily better than having a monopoly.

companies are naturally inclined to maximize profit. the large a company is, typically the cheaper it can produce its products (needs to review economics again...maybe i shouldn't drop econ 103). this means that it will be able to provide the products at a lower cost. now if the demand and supply rate can be such that when there is a monopoly in place, that the company will actually make more money by providing the product or service at a cheaper rate than would be possible in a perfect competition market or (not sure what its called) a market that consists of many competitors that are somewhat differentiated from each other.