Students Arrested Over 'Violent' Stick Figure Drawings

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Students Arrested Over 'Violent' Stick Figure Drawings

Post by psi29a »

I repeat... stick figure.

http://www.local6.com/news/4130302/detail.html

I'm glad the administration at my 'ol HS didn't see my "misadventures of paco the stickman".

:roll:
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

They worry way to much about violence in school today. To get a felony for drawings like that. I knew kids that did stuff like that all the time. I think it was more a way of getting out stress, and by doing it, I woudl say it woudl actually help prevent a violent outburst. Oh well.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

When I was in Grade 4 I drew a picture of Goro from Mortal Kombat disembowling opponents with his four arms. I drew it for a villian in a fairy tale story. It had lots of blood and heads getting ripped off. Don't see why I wasn't suspended then. :roll:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

Australia > US

The school system here blows...
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think the main reason is because I didn't draw stick figures...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Did you guys read the article? Its not just a violent drawing, apparently the kids were threatening another kid(notice the names above the stickmen). Thats why the kids were suspended and arrested.

Oh, and they are special ed students! :lol:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, I didn't think much about 'death threat' but rather 'bullying'. The drawing did play a large part, I don't think they would get massively fucked to be charged by the legal system if it was just verbal. It's sad isn't it?
Two boys, ages 9 and 10, were charged with felonies and taken away from school in handcuffs, accused of making violent drawings of stick figures.

The boys were arrested Monday on charges of making a written threat to kill or harm another person, a second-degree felony.

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

wow and i thought U.S. Court case "Tinker v. Des Moines" was absurd, but now....
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yes. Yes. Its a sad direction we are heading now. :cry:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

back in middle school, for like 2 weeks the whole school was in a craze of making flip books. We would buy the smaller post it notes packets and jst start making them on it. Damn where som of those violent. Then we went into the hacky sacking frenzy, where you couldnt even walk in the halls w/o having a hacky sack flying at you.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Well Damn...

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

Speaking of violent stick figures, I was thinking of using that as next avatar:

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I like it but be careful you might get arrested. :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well at first the thought of kids getting arrested for a drawing was sickening. However, if they were threatening someone, that's a little different. I don't know about bringing the law into it though. Maybe just discipline them there at school *shrugs*.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Evanidus wrote:Speaking of violent stick figures, I was thinking of using that as next avatar:

hehe :lol: