You know you've read too much berserk when...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Is this too dumb of a thread to let live?

yes
10%
yes, please call MrFelony's Probation Officer and have him locked up
22%
No, let the people spam away.
68%

Total votes: 209

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: You know you've read too much berserk when...

Post by The Herald »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yes, I do love it. Lon3vvolf you are very creative. Anyways, I moved to BC, and now I am just another immigrant Canadian just like the rest of us here in Vancouver (I'm actually from Saskatchewan but that might as well be Mars). I like Roderick because he's new and savvy and is like the dude from Master and Commander. But in the long run my favorite character will always be Guts because he's so amazingly dynamic and awesome and just plain badass. So, what else ... oh yeah, I'm making a Roderick costume before I make a Guts costume because it will be easier to bullshit for a costume assignment, and that's that. But it will be 1/2 scale, so it will be more like a Roderick doll ... yeah, that's gonna be wierd.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

When you want to annoy your friends, you give them a link that is supposed to be to point out people to interesting insights on Berserk, but it's actually a link to the Herald admiring Roderick. This misleading linking is called the Roderickroll.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
anon
imanewbie

Post by anon »

This manga sucks, you've read to much probally after the pirate ship battle or somethin, that's when it really takes a turn for the worse, it get's really sweet after the eclipse, but then turns very VERY gay quickly soon after gatsu picks up those rejects, and it turns into something as gay as the Wizard of Oz
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

fool
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Fine fine fine, I get it, nothing more about (insert name here). I won't even say (type) the name again, he hasn't even been in a chapter for a while. I haven't even had the darn picture up for a while anyways.

Anyways, I'm excited to having seen all of Griffith's demons at the same time. It's gonna be great to see Zodd kick some ass.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

anon wrote:This manga sucks, you've read to much probally after the pirate ship battle or somethin, that's when it really takes a turn for the worse, it get's really sweet after the eclipse, but then turns very VERY gay quickly soon after gatsu picks up those rejects, and it turns into something as gay as the Wizard of Oz
So why are you still reading it and posting on a forum for those who like the series? Go read Naruto or Pokemon or something, and leave us in peace.
Anyways, I'm excited to having seen all of Griffith's demons at the same time. It's gonna be great to see Zodd kick some ass.
Definately. It'll also be interesting if the Emperor (and his forces) actually manage to take out any Apostles before Griffith destroys him. I'm looking forward to it.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

You know you read too much berserk when...

You've seen rule 34 for Berserk done not by Mr. Miura.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

lon3vvolf wrote:You know you read too much berserk when...

You've seen rule 34 for Berserk done not by Mr. Miura.
I don't get it
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

doujinshi?

I woudn't bother reading doujins if I could find some (specially good ones). It's a nice way of spending time through releases....
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Huh? Berserk doujinshi? How could the existence of something like that had never occurred to me?

Quick, back to the berserk OCD cave!

In all seriousness though, Where do I get it (for free of course)?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

That's the only thing I can think of by his coment :roll:
I couldn't find anything though :( I've seen one once, but don't remember where nor why I didn't read it (though I DO remember the traces were strange and Casca was dressed with a student uniform :?). The rest was all hentai and undownloadable...

It would be nice if a kind fan-soul with good drawing skills volunteered to make something then :D (other than that CCS guy in Berserk fan comic thread)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Gotta make this quick about to leave for holidays...
A friend of mine sent me a site with a bunch of anime titles on it... and each one I clicked on turned out to be graphic. All done very well actually. There was about 20 pages of a Berserk one. It took place in the woods when Caska was running from those soldiers while Gats was busy working on that 100 man slayer nickname. I'm not too familiar with the whole dojnshi thing. And I never bookmarked the site or downloaded the pics. Though now I might search for them just for shits and giggles. Oh yeah, it doesn't help the whole thing was in japanese too.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

UHm... didn't really help but... at least we know there's something around ^^ (mine didn't help either)
But seriously, wouldn't be a bad idea if we could put them all together in one place, japanese or not, if we could just find them. There might be a site with it done somewhere....
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I found some on ebay, these are the ones that aren't listed as yaoi or something like that in the specification box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/7028-Berserk-Gag-Do ... m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/3101-Berserk-Gag-Do ... m153.l1262

This one's supposed to be funny, instead of just fan-service.
http://cgi.ebay.com/336-Berserk-Gag-Dou ... m153.l1262
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

But they're not free :?

Side comment by my silly little fan-girl sister:
"You've put the non-yaoi ones, but what about the yaoi - those are the ones that matter!! >.< Gore and fights you find reading the actual book..."

u.u" (she just ordered me to answer that)
I wouldn't mind though :roll: as long as it's free....
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

... when you think "Just keep stacking them until I get to the castle" when washing dishes, or when tending to the dead bodies in a morgue.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

When you think that the guy who is suspiciously named Derek Miura who comes into the dry cleaner where you work is actually Kentaro Miura who got his name all fucked up when he came over to Canada (they do that to a lot of Asians here). I'm pretty sure he got to choose it, but still, it's so close. Not to mention he's about the correct age, got a deep voice like Miura does (getting the information from the Berserk DVD extra) and is always tired around the Berserk releases. Therefore, I contend that one of the reasons that Miura takes so long to get his releases out is because he's a business man here in Vancouver on top of being an amazing mangaka.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, suuure. :P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:When you think that the guy who is suspiciously named Derek Miura who comes into the dry cleaner where you work is actually Kentaro Miura who got his name all fucked up when he came over to Canada (they do that to a lot of Asians here). I'm pretty sure he got to choose it, but still, it's so close. Not to mention he's about the correct age, got a deep voice like Miura does (getting the information from the Berserk DVD extra) and is always tired around the Berserk releases. Therefore, I contend that one of the reasons that Miura takes so long to get his releases out is because he's a business man here in Vancouver on top of being an amazing mangaka.
Sorry, but according to the spies I have watchi- I mean, I have it on good authority that Miura remains hard at work in Japan. That guy must just happen to have a similar name.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Well no duh, it's a stupid joke. I just think how funny it would be if he were Miura every time he comes in.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Rolos wrote:Huh? Berserk doujinshi? How could the existence of something like that had never occurred to me?

Quick, back to the berserk OCD cave!

In all seriousness though, Where do I get it (for free of course)?
Actually I found it again. Not sure if posting a link to that kind of stuff is allowed so if anyones interested PM me or just google [spoiler]berserk hentai[/spoiler] and you'll find it. It made me lol again.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I saw a truck with only one headlight and I thought of Guts.

edit:
It was a badass truck too, hauling a giant piece of metal , no it was more like a slab of iron. And it's front left wheel was a spare tire, filled with gunpowder instead of air. OK I'm lying about this part.
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

In honor of all the laughs this thread has provided me despite being 4 years late...

I salute you all-past, present, and hopefully future now that I've necro'd it. hope this isn't against the rules or some shit