Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: Berserk Stupid theories

Post by papasith »

bring out....THE CUSTARD
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:Obviously!

Isidro will then take a bite of the jello, not listening to Scheirke. Upon swallowing it he --->
Will undergo a complete metamorphasis and become... The Candy Man!!!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

At which point, out of nowhere, a death squad of oompa-loompa will appear!
"Oh, no!" -Shiercke will scream desperately- "The legends were true, the prophecies correct!The true overlord of darkness is none other than---->
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

"Cthul-oompa!" The terrifying truth is learned when all the oompa-loompas combine to form a giant unimaginable fiend of unspeakable horrors that should not be...--->
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Starnum wrote:"Cthul-oompa!" The terrifying truth is learned when all the oompa-loompas combine to form a giant unimaginable fiend of unspeakable horrors that should not be...--->

...that randomly breaks into song. Songs so sanity blasting, they bend reality and corrupts the very notes of music
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Messatsu wrote:
Starnum wrote:"Cthul-oompa!" The terrifying truth is learned when all the oompa-loompas combine to form a giant unimaginable fiend of unspeakable horrors that should not be...--->

...that randomly breaks into song. Songs so sanity blasting, they bend reality and corrupts the very notes of music
...and of course causes any listeners brain to melt and come oozing out the ears.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Which isn't nearly as bad as it sounds, logic and reason having been turned into mere chimaeras the very moment the singing started. Brain still dripping from her ears, Shiercke will laugh casually and reach out for...
~Diogenes of Sinope
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

So, I don't know if this was brought up before, but what do you guys think about a possibility of Puck turning into an Apostle?
We have all seen him cling to one of the Bechi's and as I remember someone said that it could be the same Behelit all the time.
Now, they are returning to his homeland, and who knows what could happen.
If he were to turn into Apostle by some stirred up emotions with his father(ElfKing) or by finding ElfHelm destroyed maybe, what do you think, could he stay on Guts's side, and give him some more aid on his future journeys?
Any other thoughts/rants?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

revealer wrote:So, I don't know if this was brought up before, but what do you guys think about a possibility of Puck turning into an Apostle?
We have all seen him cling to one of the Bechi's and as I remember someone said that it could be the same Behelit all the time.
Now, they are returning to his homeland, and who knows what could happen.
If he were to turn into Apostle by some stirred up emotions with his father(ElfKing) or by finding ElfHelm destroyed maybe, what do you think, could he stay on Guts's side, and give him some more aid on his future journeys?
Any other thoughts/rants?
I strongly doubt that Idea would create another Apostle to help fight against Griffith; there's no longer any need for such. Also, although this hasn't actually been confirmed in the story, I suspect that Apostles (given their nature) have to start out as human. Finally, what (or rather who) would/could Puck sacrifice?

Oh, and of course there's no way Guts would agree to work together with an Apostle.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Istvan wrote:Oh, and of course there's no way Guts would agree to work together with an Apostle.
*cough* Zodd *cough* :)
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

Guts would love a reason to get rid of Puck.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

War Machine wrote:
Istvan wrote:Oh, and of course there's no way Guts would agree to work together with an Apostle.
There's a difference between a very short term alliance of convienence to destroy a common foe, and a long term travel and work together partnership. Note for example how Guts also refused to work together with Ganshika against Griffith.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Istvan wrote:
War Machine wrote:
There's a difference between a very short term alliance of convienence to destroy a common foe, and a long term travel and work together partnership. Note for example how Guts also refused to work together with Ganshika against Griffith.
I agree completely, but that little sentence is still wrong.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I'll admit that my phrasing was a bit sloppy, but I think that the basic point still stands.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I think you guys are missing the point of Gutt's refusal to serve under Ganishka; It wasn't about allying with an apostle, it was about choosing Griffith (hatred, revenge, purposefulness) over Caska and co. (love, redemption, confusion). He chose the latter.
He may have answered in a way that alluded to Ganishka's condition as an apostle, but that wasn't what made him answer what he did.
I don't think the current Gutts would mind siding with an apostle, provided the apostle showed goodwill and a genuine desire to help. May be a little regret over the whole "sacrificing your loved ones for your own egoistic reasons" would help too.

Conviction arc-Gutts, on the other hand, would gut any apostle dumb enough to try to talk to him. And not just gut the poor bastard, no, he'd torture "it". With water. And knives. And hot irons. And those little mini-whips full of spikes. And thorns (the kind you put under people nails). And little leather balls filled with glass and lemon juice that he would force "it" to swallow.
And then, having had his fun, Gutts would just cut hack him to pieces, one limb at a time, taking the time to break, beat, macerate,spice, cook, eat, regurgitate, dry and grind every single piece of apostle into a fine dust, which he would then force down its throat.
Only after having forced the apostle to eat itself in front of a mirror he would kill it in an impractically slow and painful fashion, probably involving peanuts and children.
Or may be not.
Gutts never seemed particularly inclined towards torture. He did kill some apostles in a pointlessly cruel way, but it always seemed more brutal than sadistic. It'd be fun though.

P.S. I just finished reading "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" and am feeling somewhat sadistic for reason I don't fully understand. Anyone know of any series, manga or comic that could satisfy this new found need for explicit violence?
~Diogenes of Sinope
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

P.S. I just finished reading "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" and am feeling somewhat sadistic for reason I don't fully understand. Anyone know of any series, manga or comic that could satisfy this new found need for explicit violence?
Um... Berserk? I suspect however that this answer is less than fully useful.

Other than that...hmm. I can think of a number of series that have large amounts of violence, even fairly explicit violence (though none match the level of explicitness/detail displayed by Berserk); but as for out and out torture, sorry but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Good luck.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Nah, it's no problem. It was just a momentary appetite, like when you feel an uncontrollable, completely overwhelming need for a particular kind of sandwich.

MPD Psycho did help me take the edge off, though.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Rolos, I would recommend Shigurui, if you haven't read that yet. It could honestly rival Berserk for the amount of gore and depravity. :P
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

Do you want to read one violent, obscene manga? DDT, by Suehiro Maruo. Just got it from a Manga Party stand. Both horrible and interesting. Don't ask for storyline...

Stupid (?) Theory:
Someone in new Gatts group will become an apostle (or will be close to it before Gutts slashes him). Puck? Too stupid, not human, not going to die in hell... I'm wondering if the half brothers (Farnese or Serpico? Uhm...)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I agree, it seems like Serpico would be one to do it, there's just something very very sad about him. Or Farnese, but she's found magic which is making her happy. No one else would really work, maybe Magnifico, but he's a bit of a bumbling idiot. Isidro is too self-assured, as is Roderick, and Shierke has the magic. Honestly the only ones who makes sense are Guts or Casla, but they wouldn't work because they are branded souls. My money's on Serpico, if anyone. Unless he works out this whole him knowing he's a Vandimion too without Farnese or her brothers knowing.

My stupid theory is that Edward from Twilight is going to burst into the Berserk universe through a hole in the interstice and out emo Griffith for supremacy. The only thing is that he's betting on it being early Griffith, so ...
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

I'll modify my theory...
THERE IS someone in Gutts new group that owns Bechi and will call the 5 angels through it (maybe the only way to make Gutts able to meet n' chop them into pieces). But WHO...? (drumroll...) ¡¡¡The monkeyyyyy!!! Also known as Ishidoro or Doropi. Actually, he's the one with ambition (his dream is to become a famous swordsman).
IT SOUNDS RIDICULOUS and that makes it possible (surprise factor!). Doropi the Maneater!!Ho Ho Ha Ha!!! (monkey roaring call, don't know how to write it)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

eldur wrote:I'll modify my theory...
THERE IS someone in Gutts new group that owns Bechi and will call the 5 angels through it (maybe the only way to make Gutts able to meet n' chop them into pieces). But WHO...? (drumroll...) ¡¡¡The monkeyyyyy!!! Also known as Ishidoro or Doropi. Actually, he's the one with ambition (his dream is to become a famous swordsman).
IT SOUNDS RIDICULOUS and that makes it possible (surprise factor!). Doropi the Maneater!!Ho Ho Ha Ha!!! (monkey roaring call, don't know how to write it)
And of course to achieve this goal, he sacrifices the person who's most important and dear to him in the entire world...Puck!
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

Nah, Puck is not useful as a Sacrifice... he's only a bug

Last edited by eldur on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

eldur wrote:Nah, Puck is not useful as a Sacrifice... he's only a bug

The value of a sacrifice is based on how important said sacrifice is to the individual making it, not any sort of intrinsic worth of the sacrifice itself. Given how important Puck is to Isidoro, I think he'd make a fine sacrifice.

Besides, can't you just picture Puck being eaten by demons? :D
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

The brand is practically as big as puck, so he'd bleed to death just by getting near a demon. Or maybe the brand is smart and it will automatically resize.