Berserk 354 - Awakening

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Berserk 354 - Awakening

Post by DrPepperPro »

EDIT:
Made a v2 release for updated cleaning on some pages.

------------------------------------------------------------------

[Evil_Genius+MangaStream]Berserk_v40c354v2.rar:

|| torrent ||

|| magnet link ||

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:EKUSTSZCF2X4HFM4N7Q24NWFBYBIRNIM&dn=%5BEvil_Genius%2BMangaStream%5DBerserk_v40c354v2.rar&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fmgtracker.org%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.tfile.me%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.careland.com.cn%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce
|| online reader ||
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk 354 - Awakening

Post by War Machine »

I'm so confused by Farnese's little speech, it sounded like she was gonna sacrifice herself somehow, but then she didn't do anything like that.

Thanks again, EG.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

My mind. This chapter is superb .
No ! wrong ! If you ready all last chapters i a row - they are awesome all together
Thank you so much my friends
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

War Machine wrote:I'm so confused by Farnese's little speech, it sounded like she was gonna sacrifice herself somehow, but then she didn't do anything like that.
I had that feeling as well. Unless the sacrifice is in the upcoming chapters? Perhaps Casca sacrifices her for power? hmmmm

Another question if anyone knows. How long has she been like that? The original chapter that came out with her broken what year was that?
"Context is for Kings"
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Grahf wrote:
War Machine wrote:Another question if anyone knows. How long has she been like that? The original chapter that came out with her broken what year was that?
The eclipse was in chapter 73. September 30, 1996

In chapter 93 Guts left Casca at Godot's place. September 30, 1997 (exactly 1 year later, yes Miura did 20 chapters in 1 year :D)

Guts was then seperated from Casca for 2 years and killed some badies. The reunion was in chapter 148 where Casca was about to get raped by goat-man. That was April 5, 2000.

I am not exactly sure when Guts decided to heal Casca.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thank you for another wonderful chapter, EG!
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

wut
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

@hbi2k: We know, we know. I don't know what to make of it either.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

Thanks guys for another awesome chapter.

I can't believe we are finally here. We have waited so long and it is finally over. Now only another 20 years until Griffith gets his comeuppance.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

And here we are... so many years later. :)
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

psi29a wrote:And here we are... so many years later. :)
Yes , and not even very old ourselves)
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

War Machine wrote:@hbi2k: We know, we know. I don't know what to make of it either.
I think it ressembles chap 83 because of the explanation given in the same chapter:
This so called "god" was created by the darkness that dwells in every human's heart. And there's a lot of darkness in Casca's heart.

Well.. in the lost chapter Griffith was declared "chosen one" and given the choice to "do as you will". He chose to become what he is now. I am not sure if Casca will even be given the choice. I don't think she's a chosen one aswell. Maybe her destiny was to remain broken and they actually changed her destiny by saving her. But that will cause the "idea of evil" to be pretty pissed I'd imagine.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thx EG that was a great chapter... someone was so anxious that they had to try put this chapter up on one of the other Manga site I visit... the difference is amazing you guys rock. :twisted:

Chapter was pretty cool although I would have liked to see Guts Dog take off a limb of Griffith pterodactyl with his Dragonslayer tail :twisted:

Lets keep the Berserk train rolling :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

ximbary wrote:
War Machine wrote:@hbi2k: We know, we know. I don't know what to make of it either.
I think it ressembles chap 83 because of the explanation given in the same chapter:
This so called "god" was created by the darkness that dwells in every human's heart. And there's a lot of darkness in Casca's heart.

Well.. in the lost chapter Griffith was declared "chosen one" and given the choice to "do as you will". He chose to become what he is now. I am not sure if Casca will even be given the choice. I don't think she's a chosen one aswell. Maybe her destiny was to remain broken and they actually changed her destiny by saving her. But that will cause the "idea of evil" to be pretty pissed I'd imagine.
So, assuming the chapter is still canonical, the "Idea of Evil" is just Griffith's fucked up heart? I.e. his own darkness embodied?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's the thing, is that I'm not sure if the "missing chapter" is still supposed to be canonical or not. Althought, those are definitely some interesting implications.

Man, I can't believe it, after all these years..it's definitely like waking from a dream, a very long dream. I remember watching Berserk for the first time back in, when was it, 2001 maybe. Then I read all of the available manga in 2003. By 2004 I had found Evil_Genius back when it was still a part of some other forum. Hell, I don't even remember what it was called anymore. I'm sure Psi or someone else from back then will recall. Anyway, damn near 20 years later, and here we are indeed. We've lost a lot of people along the way, but I'm glad to see that some of us still carry on. It's been pleasure gents, till next time. ;)
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

It's been a nice trip so far, I'm glad we're still here to see how far it goes. THANKS EG!!

(Chapter reaction) To me, it seems like Casca's memories, suffering and emotions have built those brambles around her heart. I foresee a cold bitter lady Casca in the future. Next month we'll see!!!! (Poor Guts, no sex untill Griffith's head rests on the head of a pike)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I agree. It's very likely that it'll be Guts who wants to stay, and Casca who demands to see Griffith. I feel like she'll want to look him in the face and see what he has to say for himself, much like it was with Rickert. Although, I doubt either her or Guts would be able to hold back their rage at that point. Only time will tell, but either way, I'm totally stoked to see how it goes down.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

So the explanation for the idea of evil was that humanity wanted a reason for the suffering in the world and out of the subconscious of mankind the idea of evil was born. I don't remember word for word but during the eclipse Casca was definitely asking "why" a lot, along with a lot of the rest of the band of the Hawk. Her pain may lead her to believe in the idea of evil to help her cope. There's nothing to say that the lost chapter has any canonical value, but there's also nothing to say that Miura is not reusing a concept, much like Guts and Puck were reused, but modified, from the prototype chapter.

It sure has been a long journey! From a college freshman to a physician, I've only been along for the ride for part of the way, but wow what a journey, and it's not even done yet.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

dialdfordesi wrote: It sure has been a long journey! From a college freshman to a physician, I've only been along for the ride for part of the way, but wow what a journey, and it's not even done yet.
From high school student to PhD in biomedicine here. :lol:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

College student to IT Tech... doesn't sound that impressive but it has been a good journey :twisted:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

College student to Construction/retail to 10+ years NYPD......................
ximbary wrote: The eclipse was in chapter 73. September 30, 1996

In chapter 93 Guts left Casca at Godot's place. September 30, 1997 (exactly 1 year later, yes Miura did 20 chapters in 1 year :D)

Guts was then seperated from Casca for 2 years and killed some badies. The reunion was in chapter 148 where Casca was about to get raped by goat-man. That was April 5, 2000.

I am not exactly sure when Guts decided to heal Casca.
Thank you for that. Damn almost 21 years in the making!!!!! I can't fucking wait to see how he advances this.
"Context is for Kings"
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Man... it finally happened after all this time. That panel with tears in her eyes hit me in the feelz. I need Mune to give me a hug.
Starnum wrote:
By 2004 I had found Evil_Genius back when it was still a part of some other forum. Hell, I don't even remember what it was called anymore. I'm sure Psi or someone else from back then will recall.
It was called Digital Panic! Man, I was only like 13 at that time. I remember Arctic Fox banned me and Psi got my back and eventually made the Mindwerks/EG boards. My oh my how fast time flys.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

I don't remember when I encountered Berserk. End of high school? Let's say then, that it's from high school to almost-end-of-PhD. Man, that's a lot of years!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey Buz & Aeriel, good to see you guys.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Buzkashi wrote:Man... it finally happened after all this time. That panel with tears in her eyes hit me in the feelz. I need Mune to give me a hug.
Starnum wrote:
By 2004 I had found Evil_Genius back when it was still a part of some other forum. Hell, I don't even remember what it was called anymore. I'm sure Psi or someone else from back then will recall.
It was called Digital Panic! Man, I was only like 13 at that time. I remember Arctic Fox banned me and Psi got my back and eventually made the Mindwerks/EG boards. My oh my how fast time flys.
Good to see you back... where you been buzkashi???

Love that story i looked for it in the old threads but after four hours gave up...

I second the meeting after Berserk is complete that would be awesome.