Casca's dream is almost over... I want to know your guesses

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

eldur
notanewb

Casca's dream is almost over... I want to know your guesses

Post by eldur »

So... Guts' gang finally made it to Elfhelm, and the girls are doing their part in no time there at dreamland. But the answer is still unclear... will we get Casca back, or will she change somehow? Will she lack some memories?

I want to know what are your guesses, your wishes or fears towards the future of her plot, as members of this community that share the love for this manga. Cheers!!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Re: Casca's dream is almost over... I want to know your gues

Post by Sandman »

So a couple of things:

First: Thank you for your post I have been lonely, pretty sure everyone has moved on to redit :evil:

Second: I think Casca will come out of it ok and will either have all her memories or have to be filled in, but one thing is for sure she will be mad as fuck at Griffith... more so than Guts. Guts will probably be like "we could stay here and be a happy family" and she will be like "fuck you give me that Armor I am going to kill that bastard that raped me and absorbed my kid"

Third: You got to think of the time difference from the "really" World and Elfhell... how long did the dark ages last? That is about how much time will have passed, they will join the defectors and take on Griffith and his army of fuck stick apostles... I hope they find some more berserk armor for everyone :twisted:

Fourth: All the people of elfhell will rise up and send Griffith back to hell... where the cycle will continue and the next ideration of berserk will be in modern time...

Sorry that last one needs to go to stupid theories... but no one is here to tell me what to do so fuck it :roll:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

Sandman wrote:So a couple of things:

First: Thank you for your post I have been lonely, pretty sure everyone has moved on to redit :evil:
(Sigh) I hope they don't, the feeling of being left alone while the party goes somewhere else makes me feel like... (insert forever alone meme)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

:lol:

Its ok I'm here 8)
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

I know I am a newfag to people of your godlike magnitude but...

Oh and my guess is that Casca will, for whatever reason, not survive Elfheim. Either she will be sane again, spend one last day/night with Guts, then commit suicide or she can't be healed and Guts ends her.

I can't explain why but I don't see how Caska fits into the party as a sane person.

Then again, I am a newfag and I read Berserk only one (and a half) times.
SilentSnake
imanewbie

Post by SilentSnake »

ximbary wrote:I know I am a newfag to people of your godlike magnitude but...

Oh and my guess is that Casca will, for whatever reason, not survive Elfheim. Either she will be sane again, spend one last day/night with Guts, then commit suicide or she can't be healed and Guts ends her.

I can't explain why but I don't see how Caska fits into the party as a sane person.

Then again, I am a newfag and I read Berserk only one (and a half) times.
That would be a pointless shocker if you ask me, because:

- Due to the fact that Casca has been a passive character for so long now her death wouldn't be as painful or shocking as death of an active character.
- After all this hassle having her die just like that would be so disappointing it would discourage readers from staying with the manga, it would basically discard years of story
- Without Casca Guts would just become a rabid dog and the story might as well just end

I actually think that Casca will regain her consciousness, however, how is she going to behave is another matter - she will for sure not just go back to the state from pre-eclipse.

Since regaining herself "might not be what she wishes for" she will probably be a more violent and unstable version of Casca, another question is wether she is going to remember all that happened post-eclipse and how/wether it will affect her feelings towards Guts.

I think that Miura was stalling with Elfheim because he wanted to make sure that the story is of highest quality for when Casca "comes back" and if he planned to simply kill her off he'd do it sooner.

What's more, having her survive but go "berserk" ( ;) ) will be much more interesting than just killing her off.

IMO Casca suiciding would be incredibly anti-climatic as she tried to kill herself already before eclipse when Guts saved her. As long as Guts is there she has a reason to live and they should support each other.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

With the new chapter out I am thinking that she will remember and love Guts even deeper... which will put her into Berserk state and will rule ass... the really question is what is the Berserk Armor going to look like when Casca puts it on :twisted:
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

I can't explain why very well, but I think this shocker is just the right thing for Berserk.

It would be so pointless to almost give it a point again.

(Bad comparison on a laughable scale incoming:)

Nobody stopped reading One Piece after Ace died a pointless, somewhat unforeseeable death. The plot worked towards that moment for 66 chapters vs. currently 205 chapters in Berserk (Ep. 148 was the reunion between Guts and Casca). As I said it is a laughable comparison if you take the real-time into account. It's roughly 1,5 years in One Piece vs. a whooping 18 years of Berserk, lol.

Btw... does anybody think one of the Apostles is possibly getting to Elfheim right after the Caska Dream Arc? Because as of now, Guts doesn't seem to have an enemy to slice apart on Elfheim. I'm afraid he seems to be getting rusty. It's a little weird for Berserk.

Maybe one of the Apostles manages to escape from Caska's dream and can manifest/warp onto that freaking island?
SilentSnake
imanewbie

Post by SilentSnake »

ximbary wrote:I can't explain why very well, but I think this shocker is just the right thing for Berserk.

It would be so pointless to almost give it a point again.

(Bad comparison on a laughable scale incoming:)

Nobody stopped reading One Piece after Ace died a pointless, somewhat unforeseeable death. The plot worked towards that moment for 66 chapters vs. currently 205 chapters in Berserk (Ep. 148 was the reunion between Guts and Casca). As I said it is a laughable comparison if you take the real-time into account. It's roughly 1,5 years in One Piece vs. a whooping 18 years of Berserk, lol.

Btw... does anybody think one of the Apostles is possibly getting to Elfheim right after the Caska Dream Arc? Because as of now, Guts doesn't seem to have an enemy to slice apart on Elfheim. I'm afraid he seems to be getting rusty. It's a little weird for Berserk.

Maybe one of the Apostles manages to escape from Caska's dream and can manifest/warp onto that freaking island?
Casca surviving + shit hitting the fan in Elfheim would be what I would like to see personally since otherwise they could just decide to stay there. A proper attack on Elfheim would force the story to get some motion again ;)

Haven't been this excited about a new Berserk chapter in a long while.
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

If Caska comes back, she will want her baby back. And who took the baby's body, after spoiling it? My guess s that mom and daddy (and Co.) will go after Griffith for revenge and maybe retake their,child.

Guts has his spirit-killer sword and he is super-tanky. What powers will Caska get for the group? Hmm..

Another guess: there will be an argument as Guts would like to stay in Elfhelm with Caska, but she won't...