Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

wait i double posted? oh well. doesnt count if i didnt notice :P. but ya i agree that behelits are only a minor part of the plot. though i doubt their services to the story are over already.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Damn, it's stuck again...
:?

:sleep: Yawn...I don't have any idea how to keep this thread fat...
Any newbies out ther wanting to discuss something?
C'mon, you can gather up some posts, bring up the whacky ideas...THE BEST PLACE IN THIS WHOLE FORUM FOR THIS...don't let it go down!!!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

meh give it some time, but newbies will continue to post their ideas in the other threads either way.
oneofakind
Found the Edit button

Post by oneofakind »

Don´t think so bad about us :oops:
I really have no questions because everything is already answered, at least for me...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Since it's already a sticky, it really doesn't matter keeping this thread alive.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Eldo wrote:Since it's already a sticky, it really doesn't matter keeping this thread alive.
:shock:
Oh c'mon! I'm having a good time here...
Don't worry oneofakind...it would also save me a lot of time just observing things, but it's kinda fun...before I noticed it I made hellova lot of posts...

And I'm also having trouble bringin' up new stuff. What else is there that noone ever thought about? :? I'm stopped.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Skullkracker wrote:
Eldo wrote:Since it's already a sticky, it really doesn't matter keeping this thread alive.
:shock:
Oh c'mon! I'm having a good time here...
Don't worry oneofakind...it would also save me a lot of time just observing things, but it's kinda fun...before I noticed it I made hellova lot of posts...

And I'm also having trouble bringin' up new stuff. What else is there that noone ever thought about? :? I'm stopped.
This thread is not here to question everything or think of new questions, it's here to help those with questions.
oneofakind wrote:Don´t think so bad about us :oops:
I really have no questions because everything is already answered, at least for me...
That's what the thread is for I think.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Wyrm
imanewbie

Post by Wyrm »

How is this for a conversation starter? In v09c01p19 Guts meets Skull daddy for the first time and during their one-sided conversation Skull daddy says "You were born from a corpse and struggle with death every day".

Now for the question, Guts had never met with Skull Daddy before in his life. And only a handful of people knew about him being borne from the hanged corpse of his mother. So how in God Hand's name did Skull daddy know about it?
Ph34r t3h Wyrm extraordinaire that is I.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Did you just ask a good question? Impressive.
Honestly, I have no answer on that, perhaps he is his father . :lol: :lol:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Nope, that's Zodd!!! :P

Anyhow, that is not the only thing we don't know about Skull Knight. Perhaps he is Death incarnated...
oneofakind
Found the Edit button

Post by oneofakind »

After reading about the last chapters, I asked myself if Miura puts lots of historical buildings in Berserk.
Why?
I noticed that the pillars and the amount of them is exactly the same as a Mosque that stands in Cordoba (south Spain). It´s one of the most important Arabian buildings left in Spain.
That´s when the Kushans came into my mind...

I´ll post the URL later, if someone wants to see a few pics...
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Now that you mention it . The Kushans do resemble the armies of Turks that invaded Europe in the Middle Ages. The Turks reached as far as France before they were finaly driven out of the continent .

Also lets not forget the crusades which were also against the Turks .
Also in the part with the Catholics vs Heretics at the Albion. This reminds me of how the First Crusade ended up killing more European people ( Mostly Jews ) then Arabs . The First Crusade didn't even reach Jerusalem.

Anyway from the interview i derive that he probably used images from that church as inspiration . So its probably true.

As for my theorie I think that is just a coincidence.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Me like where this goin'
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wyrm wrote:How is this for a conversation starter? In v09c01p19 Guts meets Skull daddy for the first time and during their one-sided conversation Skull daddy says "You were born from a corpse and struggle with death every day".

Now for the question, Guts had never met with Skull Daddy before in his life. And only a handful of people knew about him being borne from the hanged corpse of his mother. So how in God Hand's name did Skull daddy know about it?
Heh, Skull Daddy... You know, I coined that term. Anyway, of course there's no definite answer to this, but my guess is just that Skull Knight is clairvoyant.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Wyrm wrote:How is this for a conversation starter? In v09c01p19 Guts meets Skull daddy for the first time and during their one-sided conversation Skull daddy says "You were born from a corpse and struggle with death every day".

Maybe he watched Guts life all the time. Zodd did this too some times, like when he gave Guts his sword in the final battle of the war. And don't forget Skullknight is something more then human and he was a friend of a wise witch that knew much about about fate and all this.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well this should go into stupid theories, but it answers the question. Skull daddy is exactly that, guts' daddy. why else would guts be named after another part of the body. arms just didnt sound right. and Skull daddy bein guts' daddy is a good explanation for why guts has to struggle for life everday because his father('s sperm) was dead when he impregnated guts' mom.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Joeki wrote:Now that you mention it . The Kushans do resemble the armies of Turks that invaded Europe in the Middle Ages. The Turks reached as far as France before they were finaly driven out of the continent .

Also in the part with the Catholics vs Heretics at the Albion. This reminds me of how the First Crusade ended up killing more European people ( Mostly Jews ) then Arabs . The First Crusade didn't even reach Jerusalem.

Anyway from the interview i derive that he probably used images from that church as inspiration . So its probably true.

It was the arabs who were decendent of Mohammed who built the mosques in spain. The Turks and the arabs arent the same people...
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Joeki wrote:Now that you mention it . The Kushans do resemble the armies of Turks that invaded Europe in the Middle Ages. The Turks reached as far as France before they were finaly driven out of the continent .

A post full of mistakes :stupid: :stupid:

Joeki, the Mosque that oneofakind talks about was built by the Moors, who were Arabs not Turks. The Turks and the Arabs are different people.

The Kushans do not resemble the Turkish army invading Europe. If you want to force a resemblance that'll be a mix of Persian, Indian, and Arab armies.

Turkish army could not advance to France borders. It would've been interesting if they ever did. They sieged Vienna (Austria) in their primes. Turks still have land in Europe, they were never driven out. Turkish lands west of Istanbul are a part of Europe.

At the end of First Crusade, Crusaders captured the Jerusalem. From the militaristic point of view it was the most succesful crusade.
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Actually your'e wrong.

The first Crusade was lead by regular people and was a total failure , killing Jews and raiding villages was all they ever did in the first crusade .
"In 1095, an unofficial Crusade was lead by a radical monk named Peter the Hermit. He preached the Crusades to the poor peasant fanatics, and collected a small army to pilgrimage to the Holy Lands ahead of the main army."
"Needless to say, Peter's Quest was doomed. They behaved poorly along the route, thieving food and ransacking homes for supplies. The worst was the persecution of the Jews before even leaving Europe."
This is Known in History as "The People's Crusade"

As for the other mistakes :
I apologize I confused the Moors with Turks.That was clearly a mistake.
As for the resemblence :
I was talking theoritical not physical. They resemble Indian people the most ( Bhuddist ) . I was just making the link to the Turks who did the same thing. ( namely invading a land with another religion and converting them or reigning them with terror , btw the christians did just the same thing so neither of them is better or anything ) . I was unclear in that sorry.

Sorry for other possible mistakes , however the First Crusade failed and I stand by my point as it is historacly sound .
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

dont forget when they decided to go "help" out the byzantine empire instead of actually crusading.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

RedEyes wrote:
The Kushans do not resemble the Turkish army invading Europe. If you want to force a resemblance that'll be a mix of Persian, Indian, and Arab armies.

Turkish army could not advance to France borders. It would've been interesting if they ever did. They sieged Vienna (Austria) in their primes.
Oh yes...
The Kushans are much like Indians with their elephants and their looks. But they are also like Turks setting off to conquer everything. Not once, and not twice.
A little history: Hungary spent centuries battleing the Turks. Although we usually beat them no matter the odds, in the end they overwhelmed us and spent one and a half century constantly fighting in the middle of this poor country ripped in three, before they were finally driven out with some outside help. So no wonder they never made it to France :twisted:
oneofakind
Found the Edit button

Post by oneofakind »

For everyone who wants to see those original pillars:

http://www.raingod.com/angus/Gallery/Ph ... doba2.html

Isn't´t it beautiful???
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

oneofakind wrote:For everyone who wants to see those original pillars:

http://www.raingod.com/angus/Gallery/Ph ... doba2.html

Isn't´t it beautiful???
I've gotten to see them close up before, they are beautiful.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Joeki wrote:Actually your'e wrong.

The first Crusade was lead by regular people and was a total failure , killing Jews and raiding villages was all they ever did in the first crusade .
"In 1095, an unofficial Crusade was lead by a radical monk named Peter the Hermit. He preached the Crusades to the poor peasant fanatics, and collected a small army to pilgrimage to the Holy Lands ahead of the main army."
"Needless to say, Peter's Quest was doomed. They behaved poorly along the route, thieving food and ransacking homes for supplies. The worst was the persecution of the Jews before even leaving Europe."
This is Known in History as "The People's Crusade"
"The People's Crusade" was just a part of the First Crusade. We can even see it from an expression you used " ... ahead of the main army". First Crusade didn't end with the defeat of Peter's army. The main forces following Peter's army took Jerusalem in 1099 and formed several Kingdoms in the region.

It is true that they killed Jews and raided villages. Peter's army was full of thugs and people alike. Peter's army and the following Crusaders also killed Turks and Arabs. In my posts I never said that these didn't happen and I am not trying to glorify Crusades.
Sykes
imanewbie

Post by Sykes »

Hmm...I always thought that the first crusade actually took Jerusalem. I may just be getting my facts mixed up though.

"The darkness in my soul is the only thing yet to be consumed by the fire."