Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

brunoafh
This is my new home

Re: Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Post by brunoafh »

The first two movies have aired in Japan, and the first movie has been released on BD/DVD in Japan and can be downloaded with subs. The second movie is scheduled to be released on BD/DVD in Japan on December 5th, according to Amazon JP. Third and final movie I'm not sure about, but I'm assuming it will air in 2013. Originally all three movies were supposed to be released in theaters this year. The US BD/DVD release of the first movie is set for the 27th of this month.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I don't know how reliable this is, but hey it'd be nice if it happens!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ecember-28
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The B#
imanewbie

Post by The B# »

Looks like you were right. The raw's out
http://raw.senmanga.com/Berserk/333/1
Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Wo0oT
imanewbie

Post by Wo0oT »

Hey Guys,

since i had some freetime the last couple of weeks or so, i´ve been doing some rereading of a few Berserk volumes. Since this thread is about newbie questions and i dont know if it has been discussed yet, i might as well
just ask. On Volume 24, there is a page where Shierke speaks with Flora about the fifth angel (after Guts finished his discussion with flora about the apostles, the behelit etc,..).

Flora says something like "The Hawk is also the one who branded him..." and Shierke responds with "So that means it cant..." which is interrupted by Flora, so we are not allowed to know the important part.
Now what could it be that Shierke did want to say? Some possibilities might be:

So that means it cant...

... kill Guts himself
... be allmighty as long as Guts and Caska are alive (though he is pretty allmighty as he is now:)

What are your opinions of this?

In addition, i suspect the dragonslayer to be the only weapon which could actually harm femto. After the fight with the count and the appearance of the five angels, there´s a scene whee guts slowly
climbs the stairs to hit femto with his sword. It might be just me, but femto did actually send some kind of power against Guts which has thrown him really far away, while he hasnt´t done anything
to dodge or ward of the canonball which Guts shot at him a few moments later (the canonball did just break apart on some kind of shield). In addition, after reaching the center of the upgraded ganishka,
the skull knight appears and strikes femto with his sword of resonance (which is supposed to be able to hurt the God Hands), which isn´t avoided by Femto as well. So i would assume Femto knows a lot,
but he doesn´t really know what would happen to him if a guy - branded by him - with a sword like the Dragonslayer hits him with full force.

If this has been brought up somewhere before, well - im sorry ;)

greetings from Germany
NoNickName
imanewbie

Post by NoNickName »

Hi all,

so I took a little break in order to then have several new chapters to read at once. Well, its been a few years now. And there is a few new chapters! :) But it seems the torrents are not working :(

Am I doing something wrong? Do they work for you? Where can I get EG chapters 338 - 346?

Also, are there somewhere preEG chapters in high quality?

Thanks