Berserk 350 - Memory Fragments

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Berserk 350 - Memory Fragments

Post by LordMune »

http://readms.net/r/berserk/350/4301/1

Torrent soon!

edit:
[Evil_Genius+MangaStream]Berserk_v39c350.rar:

|| torrent ||

|| magnet link ||

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:T5XHDIDOUH7LZRMCIDQXUIF4CG6ONUGL&dn=%5BEvil_Genius%2BMangaStream%5DBerserk_v39c350.rar&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.evil-genius.us%3A60000%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fmgtracker.org%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.tfile.me%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.careland.com.cn%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Maradonna
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 350 - Memory Fragments

Post by Maradonna »

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for the work you do in bringing this great manga to life. I hope this isn't considered spoiler material but I'm glad to see that this chapter has shown that we are finally about to reach a new high point for the series after so long (at least in terms of time not chapters) for it to return. Given the time between chapters I was concerned that perhaps the writer may not have had the motivation or creativity still remaining to reach this point again, but it seems that all that has changed is that it just takes longer than it used to.

Also, I'd like to know if it appeared to anyone else that the events of chapter 350 occurred at a significantly faster pace than we are used to seeing? Could this signal Miura's intention to speed up the rest of the story?

I look forward to the next chapter release as I haven't looked forward to a chapter as much as I will this next one.
SilentSnake
imanewbie

Post by SilentSnake »

Maradonna wrote:Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for the work you do in bringing this great manga to life. I hope this isn't considered spoiler material but I'm glad to see that this chapter has shown that we are finally about to reach a new high point for the series after so long (at least in terms of time not chapters) for it to return. Given the time between chapters I was concerned that perhaps the writer may not have had the motivation or creativity still remaining to reach this point again, but it seems that all that has changed is that it just takes longer than it used to.

Also, I'd like to know if it appeared to anyone else that the events of chapter 350 occurred at a significantly faster pace than we are used to seeing? Could this signal Miura's intention to speed up the rest of the story?

I look forward to the next chapter release as I haven't looked forward to a chapter as much as I will this next one.
Going through every single fragment retrieval wouldn't bring anything to the story - he's shown us a couple of examples of what it looked like and I'm glad he made a jump on it. I think he simply avoided the subject for so long cause he didn't know what to do with Caska and how to solve the problem. Now that he's figured it out there's no need for artificial postponing anymore.

This feels good, Thank you EG for your work, I always wait for your chapter cause top quality manga should be read using top quality scans and translation 8) .
Maradonna
imanewbie

Post by Maradonna »

SilentSnake wrote:
Maradonna wrote:Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for the work you do in bringing this great manga to life. I hope this isn't considered spoiler material but I'm glad to see that this chapter has shown that we are finally about to reach a new high point for the series after so long (at least in terms of time not chapters) for it to return. Given the time between chapters I was concerned that perhaps the writer may not have had the motivation or creativity still remaining to reach this point again, but it seems that all that has changed is that it just takes longer than it used to.

Going through every single fragment retrieval wouldn't bring anything to the story - he's shown us a couple of examples of what it looked like and I'm glad he made a jump on it. I think he simply avoided the subject for so long cause he didn't know what to do with Caska and how to solve the problem. Now that he's figured it out there's no need for artificial postponing anymore.

This feels good, Thank you EG for your work, I always wait for your chapter cause top quality manga should be read using top quality scans and translation 8) .
To me it felt as though several aspects of the journey in this chapter could have easily been gone over with far more detail given the emotions involved in some of the scenes. I felt that it wasn't totally clear how well connected shierke was to why Casca has the feelings she did so it is hard to say how much she understands so far about her journey. I think it is rare for amours to pass up an opportunity to extract more emotion and a deeper understanding to a story in favour of a quicker pace. Given the rate of chapter releases, there would seem to be an extremely long time before the we will see the ending at the usual pacing, however given that the next 2 chapters or so will likely give a strong indication of how close the ending could be, I was wondering if perhaps the writer was leaning towards a quicker completion. These are simply my observations, though I will feel more confident if the monthly chapter releases continue after next month.
SilentSnake
imanewbie

Post by SilentSnake »

Maradonna wrote:
SilentSnake wrote:

To me it felt as though several aspects of the journey in this chapter could have easily been gone over with far more detail given the emotions involved in some of the scenes. I felt that it wasn't totally clear how well connected shierke was to why Casca has the feelings she did so it is hard to say how much she understands so far about her journey. I think it is rare for amours to pass up an opportunity to extract more emotion and a deeper understanding to a story in favour of a quicker pace. Given the rate of chapter releases, there would seem to be an extremely long time before the we will see the ending at the usual pacing, however given that the next 2 chapters or so will likely give a strong indication of how close the ending could be, I was wondering if perhaps the writer was leaning towards a quicker completion. These are simply my observations, though I will feel more confident if the monthly chapter releases continue after next month.
I'm more interested in Caska's regaining her mind than in spending (what I would feel if he'd do it) overly much time on Schierke's and Farnese's own thoughts about Caska's memories, so I felt it adequate as otherwise he'd have to go over 10 volumes of content for the sake of thoroughness.

He gave us a couple of examples, they were most important/emotional moments from Caska's side of the story, he's gonna complete it next chapter with the most traumatic stuff - what kind of detail do you think is missing?
2Fast4
imanewbie

Post by 2Fast4 »

Thank you for the new Chapter!
I really like the pace, art and humor in the dream journey. The memories really remind me of pivotal moments for Caskas and Guts relationship. I'm with SilentSnake that I'm even more exited for the outcome than the past memories. But I believe that part will take a few chapters still...
Maradonna
imanewbie

Post by Maradonna »

SilentSnake wrote:
Maradonna wrote:
SilentSnake wrote:
I'm more interested in Caska's regaining her mind than in spending (what I would feel if he'd do it) overly much time on Schierke's and Farnese's own thoughts about Caska's memories, so I felt it adequate as otherwise he'd have to go over 10 volumes of content for the sake of thoroughness.

He gave us a couple of examples, they were most important/emotional moments from Caska's side of the story, he's gonna complete it next chapter with the most traumatic stuff - what kind of detail do you think is missing?
I'm not suggesting that Miura should have gone over these moments any more than he did, however it seems that he went for the quicker option which I think for him is generally rare and maybe because I haven't read over the entire series for a very long time I can't remember the last time this option was taken. Perhaps this method served its purpose best, but I just didn't expect the story to touch on all the points it did within the last chapter. It is difficult to determine whether or not this is correct or not given that I had previously been used to reading the story a volume at a time so it is difficult to see how this chapter fits in to the overall story in terms of how it was handled. Given that I don't have any further chapters to make judgements on I can only comment on what it seemed like, but like most people I don't tend to question the decisions made by Miura on how he tells the story as it has consistently been great. As I said in another post, given the time that has past it would be reasonable to expect that some changes in approach to the storytelling may occur. Overall, I greatly enjoyed the chapter and the pacing for that matter but when you are waiting a month for a chapter a faster pace is generally more desirable, so although I enjoyed the chapter it doesn't necessarily mean that it worked best for the entire story.

Basically I was asking whether this pacing (if it had occurred or was noticed by anyone else) was a foreshadowing of where the story would lead in the very near future because I think the next 2 chapters will greatly affect how the conclusion of this series plays out.
SilentSnake
imanewbie

Post by SilentSnake »

Maradonna wrote: I'm not suggesting that Miura should have gone over these moments any more than he did, however it seems that he went for the quicker option which I think for him is generally rare and maybe because I haven't read over the entire series for a very long time I can't remember the last time this option was taken. Perhaps this method served its purpose best, but I just didn't expect the story to touch on all the points it did within the last chapter. It is difficult to determine whether or not this is correct or not given that I had previously been used to reading the story a volume at a time so it is difficult to see how this chapter fits in to the overall story in terms of how it was handled. Given that I don't have any further chapters to make judgements on I can only comment on what it seemed like, but like most people I don't tend to question the decisions made by Miura on how he tells the story as it has consistently been great. As I said in another post, given the time that has past it would be reasonable to expect that some changes in approach to the storytelling may occur. Overall, I greatly enjoyed the chapter and the pacing for that matter but when you are waiting a month for a chapter a faster pace is generally more desirable, so although I enjoyed the chapter it doesn't necessarily mean that it worked best for the entire story.

Basically I was asking whether this pacing (if it had occurred or was noticed by anyone else) was a foreshadowing of where the story would lead in the very near future because I think the next 2 chapters will greatly affect how the conclusion of this series plays out.
I hope he just got his shit together and maybe realized he's 50 and it would be nice to finish the story in another 20 years.

If that means no-bullshit chapters - count me in. No quality drops please, though ;)

But nah, it's Miura, he does his research well so I'll just trust his judgement in terms of which parts deserve more page-space and which less.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yay! Thanks for the new chapter, EG.

Will be interesting to see how Farnese and Schierk react to the Eclipse next chapter...
Maradonna
imanewbie

Post by Maradonna »

SilentSnake wrote:
I hope he just got his shit together and maybe realized he's 50 and it would be nice to finish the story in another 20 years.

If that means no-bullshit chapters - count me in. No quality drops please, though ;)

But nah, it's Miura, he does his research well so I'll just trust his judgement in terms of which parts deserve more page-space and which less.
That's what I'm hoping too, I don't want to see the quality compromised but I hope the end will come at some stage.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thx EG, interesting chapter I wander how it is going to go when they get to the end... hope they get to see how much of a douche Griffith is first hand... if she does gain her mind back who is to say she wont loss it again :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: