Berserk 2017 Anime

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Berserk 2017 Anime

Post by Sandman »

IT'S BACK!!! It got renewed for a second season and now they are just flying thru the content!!!

There are three episodes up on Cruchyroll.com and sad to say but the quality of the animation is still off (best way I could put it :evil: )

So as I have said before, someone could have animated stick figures and I would have watch it :twisted:

I still think it will be awesome and worth the wait to see some of my favorite scenes being animated... Fight at the Hill of Swords, Guts's hell hound, the look she gives guts when he almost strangles her to death, when Casca is attempted to be raped by bandits, Guts's biting her nipple-less titty, Puck and Isidro fun, Trolls, Spirit Tree stuff, Troll invasion... and the list goes on and on. :twisted:

I wonder where they will stop this time?
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
ximbary
notanewb

Re: Berserk 2017 Anime

Post by ximbary »

It's strange the first anime didn't go any further. I mean.. if that wasn't enjoyable stuff then what else is?

Why couldn't they make more money out of it? What stopped them? And what is stopping them now to stick to the old ways and leave this cgi crap behind? Has it come down to it being completely out of the question?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Last season had a natural breaking point at least that is the way it felt to me... and I enjoyed every minute of last season CGI or not still very cool to see the manga come to life :twisted:

I think they have made a lot of money out of it, I don't have any of the numbers but it got me to subscribe to Crunchyroll.com without batting a eye because I didn't want to wait or wade through a shit ton of fake sites. They should be making a lot of money off their Blu ray release but you cant even get it in the States yet :evil: I want to see the un-edited shit :twisted:

What stopped them from continuing? I would have to guess but just like TV in the USA if it bombs there is no reason to keep going... I fuck I just found the solution, we should all stop watching then it will stop and someone else will pick it up and make it better... sorry that belongs in the stupid theories thread :twisted:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

SO they are close to the finish of the season I can feel it coming :evil:

The last episode was fucking cool loved the animation of the Berserker Armor... and most of this episode was not CGI !!!... Although the animations for the Apostle turning was shit and so were some of the other transitions, like Guts getting pushed back by Grunbeld... fucking lazy ass animators... send it to Netflix they seem to have their shit together :twisted:
Last edited by Sandman on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

this episode is a recap -.-
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

yeah WTF filler :evil:

Although I did notice that most of it was the animated style instead of CGI in most of the 2016 series recap... Giving you a taste before they go back to that GCI shit... :evil:

I really want to see the Blu-ray version of 2016... I want to see the TITTY"S :twisted:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Do we get nipples in the blu-ray version?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

YES... you haven't seen the comparison yet here it is: :twisted:

https://youtu.be/4nDzg-F_09M
Those fuckers are holding out on us... :evil:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Ah, all the things unfit to air on TV. ;)
The_Paya
Mastered PM

Post by The_Paya »

Crunchyroll deal with Steam includes the first season: http://store.steampowered.com/news/30288/
Here's the 12 episode bundle page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/600850/Berserk/ ('on sale' right now, $4.08).

Think Miura will see any of this?
-.wherever you go, there you are.-
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

So I looked at the Crunchyroll and they still have the censored versions on their website... not sure about steam but I doubt it :evil:

Edit: So it looks like they are going to leave us off with a cliffhanger... they fucked up one of my favorite Ishijdoro fight scenes with the pirates didn't have the mustache knight or him talking about booty... and here I was so excided to see that scene animated and it let me down :evil:

I also forgot to mention that they fucked up the scene before that with the moonlight child... he wasn't there although he apparently was around because he still help Scherike get control of Guts although I should have known to brace for the suck after this change... Still don't want it to end but... change studio's for god hand sake :twisted: Oh the bar scene was amazing, why couldn't they animate the whole series that way, must be money issues :evil:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, it's not perfect but it's better than nothing I guess. I wonder if they cut out the child on the beach because they don't know if it'll be resolved before the end of this anime's run. I can kind of see that.
Voldo
imanewbie

Post by Voldo »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, it's not perfect but it's better than nothing I guess. I wonder if they cut out the child on the beach because they don't know if it'll be resolved before the end of this anime's run. I can kind of see that.
Better than nothing? Such a hollow argument. This video destroyed any defense that anyone could have for the 2016-2017 anime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrV6NysVw2c
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Watched the video and I agree with what he is saying... I guess we will have to wait another couple of years before we get to see it done right :evil: .... or never, hope they turn it around or sell the rights to any other production company that is willing to spend the time to animate it in a fashion that meets the standards that Berserk deserves... Hope we see more, like a OVA of the Lost Children Arc or how when the world changed Rickert and Erica adventure from Godo's place to Midland, or whatever Griffith calls it Falconia, Slug Apostle arc, or all the apostles that Guts kills before going back to save Casca.

Then there is this which I also kinda agree with:

https://youtu.be/v6CJaChQ7rQ
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

I just finished both seasons.

I actually enjoyed it. The story, besides ignoring stuff from the manga like the full moon child at the beach (which could've been an adorable scene) and the mustache knight at the pirate's scene, it really follows the narrative from Miura. The art, however, may never catch up with the manga. But that's another reason to read the full manga, anyway.

Somehow, I think this series are made for the fans, like Miura sayin' "Bros, they won't spend more money on an animated series, but at least you'll get somethin' decent to show to your friends and couples and share the Berserk magic, don't ya?"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That is true, and how I feel the new golden Arc was done, but for something that had not been animated before they should have went with the full Monty (show all :twisted: ) for them to cut corners and stuff makes it so you have to read the manga... which I guess is how they got me... I watched the whole 97 series in about a weekend and was devastated the way they left it so I had to go out and find the source material... of course that is how they get you.