Berserk 348 - Gloomy Wastes

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Berserk 348 - Gloomy Wastes

Post by LordMune »

http://mangastream.com/r/berserk/348/4128/1

Torrent to follow!

edit:
[Evil_Genius+MangaStream]Berserk_v39c348.rar:

|| torrent ||

|| magnet link ||

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:AXBLXPG43PYXNTTYYYQHPQ76D5JJNTU6&dn=%5BEvil_Genius%2BMangaStream%5DBerserk_v39c348.rar&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.evil-genius.us%3A60000%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fmgtracker.org%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.tfile.me%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.careland.com.cn%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: Berserk 348 - Gloomy Wastes

Post by Buzkashi »

Muney Waists :kekeke:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thank you EG!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Interesting... Thank you EG you are amazing as ever :twisted:

As for the chapter just a little confusing but I like the symbolism, all will unfold as intended is what I am saying in the back of my head :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

He is carrying around something that is a shell of its former self. Yeah I think we got that :lol: I sort of understand why Guts doesn't talk about what happened. I also think I understand why no one really ask him (probably won't answer). Though somehow I think some prior knowledge might prepare them for what is to come. Perhaps Farnese can piece it together ??
"Context is for Kings"
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

This is about the best I can do here:

Edit: I tried again and refined the edges.

Anyway, I agree with Grahf, some prior knowledge would go a long way in this world. It wouldn't have hurt them to ask Guts for any info.

And as always, thanks, EG.
Last edited by War Machine on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Vancore
imanewbie

Post by Vancore »

'The long awaited monthly serialization begins"

Is that statement real? I don't think you guys translated that bit correctly.

I would love to see something else confirming this.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Again E-G team..This is some chapter.. Wish you all good fortune!
Cheers, forum dwellers!

War Machine - great picture ) Simply - the best )
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

my god, the prophesies were true. today was foretold a generation ago.... that berserk would come back... And if its a monthly serialization, i give it 4-6 months till back "til next time"

But, great job eg, as always ^^

And mini caska so damn cute =o
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

How fitting, after all not was Casca the one calling Gutts a mad dog in the beginning?
And Schierke have at least some vage knowledge, the first time she bring back Gutts from the berserk state she witnessed some of the memories of Gutts, from the hawks time and from the eclipse.
Don't fear the darkness until you see what light can do.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Man, that page with the broken doll totally wrecked me. So heartbreaking.

Thanks for another awesome release everyone!

Looking forward to how the story unfolds.

EDIT: Also, chapter 348 is thread 348 here. <3 <3
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

What about the coffin?
Casca thinks she is dead and Guts is dragging her through hell? Kinda true... I mean.. mentally she is dead and they are pretty much going through hell after hell with each arc. It's going to be really weird if she ever becomes sane again. Looking forward to the first talk between Guts and her once she's back on track mentally. Or imagine if they happen to find out that she cannot be fixed and Guts decides to end her miserable life :shock:

Curious how long the monthly serialization keeps up. How many chapters have it been last time when they announced monthly releases? 4?

Well.. let's not complain and be happy as long as it lasts!

And thanks EG :D
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I think the symbolism is more that she's broken and hollow, rather than being dead. I am impressed though that Caska has been able to capture Guts' ordeal protecting her after the Eclipse considering she was broken from that time going forward. It seems to me that whatever mental image she has of Guts would have to be a pre-Eclipse one, unless she is actually somehow able to keep her mind awake in the catatonic state her body is in.

PS: I redid the edges on the little Caska image (http://i.imgur.com/Rjhjhtq.png).
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't think her mind is awake so much as the real world is being filtered by her subconscious. Great chapter, and we have another one to look forward to next month. Can't beat that!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

My impression is more that her mind is "shattered", and this is how one of the pieces views what's going on around her. It's a fairly accurate view, for that matter, but it's hardly a complete or complicated one. I imagine other "pieces" of her will have other views/perspectives, or be focused on other things.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I agree. It's a complex situation she's now in. Oh, and speaking of getting choked up, I actually started to feel it when we first seen the hound that represents Guts.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Nice work on the colouring there. :)

This was one chapter I think many people have been waiting for... how many years have we all been wondering wtf is going on inside that wrecked mind of hers.

I'm also glad that the broken shell wasn't empty, that the playful and feisty Casca is still in there. That makes the series now less bleak as a result.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

No scar on her right breast that guts gave her... here I thought that might have played so bigger part in her psychotic state but I guess its not over yet :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: