Berserk 347 - Flowerstorm King

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Berserk 347 - Flowerstorm King

Post by LordMune »

"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
bhaal
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 347 - Flowerstorm King

Post by bhaal »

Oh god oh god (ughhh my hands are closing) ... all of that was just the (cute) calm before the storm?
At least we have some months to steel ourselves for the things to come.
Don't fear the darkness until you see what light can do.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Thanks again, EG!

Such a tease of a chapter. That last page bummed me out.

But I am glad that they didn't just flip a switch in Caska to make her regain her memories.

And sigh, another hiatus.

God help us all.
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

Femto wrote:
God help us all.
What god of the 5 and their boss want you pray for help?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

bhaal wrote:
Femto wrote:
God help us all.
What god of the 5 and their boss want you pray for help?
I'll take my namesake for 500 points, Alex. :smoken:
Last edited by Femto on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

An amazing chapter in so many ways. This is from someone who has been down on Berserk of late.

The dreamscape imagery was spot on. Had to re-read the last few scenes to appreciate Miura's genius. Things are about to turn dark real quick, almost feel sorry for Schierke and Farnese.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thank you again EG it was a great ride while it lasted :twisted:

So now that someone said something about the softening of facial features and what not I have been looking a lot closer to the art and in this chapter it was definitely apparent that Gut's face is fucked up :evil:
Hope after the time in elf-hell they return to normal but I guess that will have to wait till next year :( .
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

much obliged team.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thank you for another chapter, EG!

And now, to wait. :(
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Great job EJ. Love the work you all do.

*sighs slightly* whelp. I figured this was going to happen right before anything happens.

Now... to speculate on what all of them do once they see the reason casca is whom casca is now. =D
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I am not going to mind the wait, this is going to change things and I do not think for a moment that Schierke and Farnese can come out of this unscathed. The eclipse looking like the eye of the berserker armor is all I need to know to fill me with both anticipation in dread.

A common trope is that the teacher dies and the student is on their own and has to rely on their own skills, and I can't help but think that will pan out here as well.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

If Schierke dies, I riot.
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

I think is time to bring this back to the discussion:

https://youtu.be/N32QQqKOf5I?t=1h47m16s
or the original
https://youtu.be/v-2g5LGrECM?t=1h4m14s
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Man, when I heard Miura was back on his monthly schedule I was so out of the story I decided to wait and see if he'd continue his monthly pace and I took my time re-reading all of my Berserk manga once more.
It was fun reading those sea volumes in one go (I've been reading Berserk for about 10 years now so I know the suffering just like you) I have collected every Dark Horse volume so far, but a couple of them were still unread.
I just finished reading all of the books and even got to read 4 new chapters in a row, well that also has been years, only to find this damned cliffhanger! But oh man, I haven't been this excited for Berserk in years!

Finally things are moving again, Shierke and Farnese are going to live through the eclipse (I feel bad for them) and finally going to find out what the hell made Guts the way he is now, unless Casca's POV is completely different ofcourse, I mean, obviously hers is different, but who knows what time has done to her memory? She might even see Guts as the bad guy in those dreams. She's been scared of him eversince that one night... I wonder how much it will impact everything.

Also I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of timeskip (not that hard to figure since the flow of time is different in Elfhell, I've always knew but never paid it any mind) Rickert will probably have arrived at the Bakiraka place when they leave elfhelm for example and Griffith might be king, just like that first anime episode. Anyway, just my two cents. It's good to be back just in time for... Another hiatus.

At least I haven't watched the 2016 anime yet, so there's that. Too bad Playasia cancelled my pre-order for the Berserk videogame (I had pre-ordered the collectors edition, but when I heard about the Western release I decided on waiting for that instead of buying both regular versions eventually so that's a shame).
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

So March 24 issue I'm hearing it shall resume!
"Context is for Kings"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Yes!!!!! I want to see what fucked up Caska so much that she went full retard... was it the man she admired fucking the shit out of her or was it that the man she loved saw her get raped by the man she admired or was it.... I will stop there but I am pretty sure it was one of the two :evil:

Needles to say I cant wait to see what it was... then hopefully we can get out of the fairy world where everyone is drawn differently at least I hope, doesn't bug me that much just it would be an interesting side effect :twisted:
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Sandman wrote:Yes!!!!! I want to see what fucked up Caska so much that she went full retard... was it the man she admired fucking the shit out of her or was it that the man she loved saw her get raped by the man she admired or was it.... I will stop there but I am pretty sure it was one of the two :evil:
No, don't stop there you sicko, I was getting really into it :twisted:

What the hell was that guy waiting for, give us #348 or kill us already!!! And I swear if he goes through another break after 1 chapter I am going to... im going to... im going to fucking wait for it to continue... :(
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

ximbary wrote:
Sandman wrote:Yes!!!!! I want to see what fucked up Caska so much that she went full retard... was it the man she admired fucking the shit out of her or was it that the man she loved saw her get raped by the man she admired or was it.... I will stop there but I am pretty sure it was one of the two :evil:

What the hell was that guy waiting for, give us #348 or kill us already!!! And I swear if he goes through another break after 1 chapter I am going to... im going to... im going to fucking wait for it to continue... :(
348 is on track, 349 release date is set now to, so you can stop worrying at least for 2 chapters.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I figured that it would be possibly 2 chapters for them to arrive at the answer to help Casca.
"Context is for Kings"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

ximbary wrote:

The voices in my head told me to stop before I offended anyone and chased them away again...

Thanks for the update on the two chapters coming out... hope they need more than two chapters to fix Casca though, if not it will be like "well that was easy... lets go kill Griffith!!!! Yah"
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Sandman wrote:
ximbary wrote:

The voices in my head told me to stop before I offended anyone and chased them away again...

Thanks for the update on the two chapters coming out... hope they need more than two chapters to fix Casca though, if not it will be like "well that was easy... lets go kill Griffith!!!! Yah"
Nah. The INTERESTING part will be how she reacts AFTER they fix her, and the choices she (and the rest of the group) make.
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

Istvan wrote:
Nah. The INTERESTING part will be how she reacts AFTER they fix her, and the choices she (and the rest of the group) make.
And if Casca don't want to be fixed?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Stupid Theories page here I come :twisted: