Berserk 346 - Elfhelm

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Berserk 346 - Elfhelm

Post by LordMune »

"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
The_Paya
Mastered PM

Re: Berserk 346 - Elfhelm

Post by The_Paya »

I wager Miura spent his last long hiatus drawing/sketching all of these pages.
-.wherever you go, there you are.-
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Holy crap, the art is even more amazing than ususal! Thank you EG!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

That... was incredible.

Thank you EG!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thank you very much EG it was along time coming but it was worth it :)

Got to love Puck and his brothers then the coupe that must have been a joke at least I hope cause that would be weird no more puck :evil:

It was also pretty cool the reveal of the king :twisted:

Cant wait for the next one.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Great chapter. Seeing all the different fairy creatures filling the pages was pretty amazing. It's crazy to think about, but at long last we may be seeing whether or not Casca can be healed in the next chapter, and it's only a month away. I can't wait!
2Fast4
imanewbie

Post by 2Fast4 »

I Love the art! The suspense on what's going to happen to Caska is killing me :-)
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

An exceptional chapter.

For a while, I thought we'd never actually see the Elf King. Either we'd get taken down 7 seas of limitless arcs, or the mangaka would've kicked it by then.

It was also nice to see the more amiable spirit creatures, but based on first appearances, Griffith still seems to have the overwhelming advantage when comparing his marauding hoard of nightmares to the whimsical troupe in Elfhelm.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

So, now that we know that the Elf King is actually a Queen, is it safe to say that she is or, at the very least, is related to that elf that Guts saves (presumably) when he's imprisoned during that flashback?

Keep in mind that it was established that time passes slower in Elfhelm than in the real world so it's quite possible that she has ruled there for decades (centuries?) after meeting Guts.

Just a thought.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Beyond the fact that they were both elves, I don't see a relation beyond that at the moment. It 'would' be pretty sweet if the flower elf made it all the way back to Elfhelm, or the Elf Queen was cognizant of Gatts' consideration toward the flower elf.

And finally the moment of truth as to whether or not Casca will be restored, and the ramifications of what that entails. In light of all her experiences thus far, I don't know what kind of person Casca will be now.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Um... they're both kinda flowery or something?

Yeah, I know. There isn't any weight to my theory but it always struck me as odd that Miura would take a break from the main plot to tell that specific story if he didn't have a reason to do so. Surely he's establishing or building up to something with it, right?

We'll see, I guess.
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Femto wrote:...but it always struck me as odd that Miura would take a break from the main plot to tell that specific story if he didn't have a reason to do so. Surely he's establishing or building up to something with it, right?
That's a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if Miura thought of some angle for the story, and wrote that short arc to give whatever's coming some plausibility. I guess we'll find out soon.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, my memory must not be what it once was, because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Can you please elaborate a bit about this elf that Guts saved. When specifically was this?
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

There was a 3 chapter flashback for Gatts starting at Chapter 328. I think it was some time before he met the Band of the Hawk.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Starnum wrote:Man, my memory must not be what it once was, because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Can you please elaborate a bit about this elf that Guts saved. When specifically was this?
Back when they were on the (goddamn) boat, there's a 3-4 part flashback from before Guts joins the Band of the Hawk but after he kills Gambino (I think).

He's shot by an arrow and jailed and he finds this little elf next to a flower in his cell that heals him right back up.

Then stuff happens, he escapes and he takes the flower outside. It's implied that the elf survives though we never see her again.

Arc if called Boyhood something or other.

EDIT: Art beat me to it.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Femto wrote:Back when they were on the (goddamn) boat
Well I thought it was a lovely boat. With tits and everything!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep, I had completely forgotten all about that flashback, lol. The sad thing is that it's one of the more recent chapters. Maybe it didn't stand out in my memory as it was seemingly a flashback as a side thought. Although, it's not like Miura to do that. I don't know, but I went and skimmed thru chapter 328 and now it's all coming back to me. You may indeed be on to something, Femto. Like you said, why would he go out of his way to include this flashback unless it was going somewhere, but we'll see. It's been years since I've done a full reread of the series. I guess it's time to do that once again. ;)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

You and me both... but it will probably make the anime less tolerable. :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Just as a side note, the chapter number in the torrent file is wrong. All the files are labeled as v39c345 instead of v39c346.