EG and Mune in the news

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

EG and Mune in the news

Post by psi29a »

https://motherboard.vice.com/read/meet-the-scanlators
No one turns piracy into poetry quite like Mune. Eight years of rendering the blockbuster manga Berserk’s Japanese dialogue into English has lent Mune respect in the underground digital landscape of otaku, the Japanese term for a manga and anime fanatic. His prose, admirers say, is vivid yet linguistically accurate. He can translate florid, archaic kanji into lyrical English dialogue. The digital Berserk pages bearing his words are clean with deep, black lines.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Re: EG and Mune in the news

Post by Sandman »

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?? kind of shining a big spotlight on a process that is not kosher to most people... Although I will state for the record that if not for EG I would not have found Berserk manga as entertaining or amazing as it is. Also would like to point out that you guys tell everyone to buy the manga when it becomes available from dark horses.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Unless manga publishers take on a scorched-earth policy on litigation like the RIAA and MPAA did, I don't think EG is in any danger seeing as there are other bigger fish to fry.

Back to the article...
One fall morning in Tokyo, NJT came out from behind his keyboard in an effort to realize MangaHelpers’ potential as an otaku Napster. His goal? Bridge the gap between publisher and pirate.
[...]
In the end, Shueisha turned him down. The publisher didn’t want to work with a “black” business, citing MangaHelpers’ long history as pirates.
Seriously, I don't know what NJT expected here. Even if you completely remove the "bad" history, he's still asking Shueisha to completely turn over all of their main product to NJT, with no assurances that he'll be able to deliver on the quality and volume that they otherwise have control of and depend on. "We have a network of unpaid, clandestine workers and little money to back up this once in a life-time offer."

Also, a question to Mune: Which deadly disease would you like Miura to wish upon you?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Awww. I remember when Mune was just a wee lad back in the day. He's such a big boy now. <3 <3 <3
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

But wait, there's more... (same author)

http://kotaku.com/the-birth-of-berserkl ... 1784991210

apparently SK.net usurped Reddit's Berserk section. How totally not surprising. ;)
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

She actually reached out to me for comments on the "Berserk community" for that second article, but all I could really give her were my views on Berserk fans in general (you know them, because all of you embody at least one stereotype) and not the specific sub-set of reddit/SK.net she was going for.

I'm very happy about mostly steering clear of that crowd.
Femto wrote:Awww. I remember when Mune was just a wee lad back in the day. He's such a big boy now. <3 <3 <3
love u~~~~~~~
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Haha, this seems pretty great. :smoken:
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Maybe it's just me,but I think you guys can share the very same Idea with Miura in Zerk.
It is seen,you try so damn hard to put your skills and hearts into your work.That's why some fans are up for something like this )
But those,who wants to have profit out of things they really love to do , bit by bit lose that "priceless connection" )
Your deeds deserve at least a bit of fame.
...And now let us sub Mune as true Lord.....i mean "dub"!...sure the word is "dub"....
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

So dope. I recently checked my EG inbox and noticed I had a PM from that Journalist last year asking for a comment. I tracked down the article, read it, masturbated with a horse jockeys vigor, and then contacted Mune to let him know how awesome I thought it was.. I was gonna post the article on EG when I noticed Psi's OG ass already got to it. Miss ya guys <3
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.