New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Welcome people, to EG. :D

It has come to my attention that some newbies neglected to read the first post. :? So I guess when I'm less tired, I'll think of some tactic to make sure they read it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Hi I have been reading the manga since Dark Horse came out with Vol 1. I watch the anime a month before. It took me about three days, I was alone in the dark, so confused and wanting more. I showed it to as many people as I could. I even watch it with subtitles to see if I could make more sense of what was going on. After the first manga I started looking on the Internet. Did find anything for a while and than I found the spectrum great place to find leads to were the scanlations are. I wonder if Dark Horse is going to speed up production on Berserk to one volume every two months, I am tired of this three four month wait. Well see you on the boards
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Remember quality over quantity. :D I actually BUY the DH releases as well, but I also have all the hawks versions and EG stuff, so I just wait patiently waiting for the next release, seince I already know what happens. I still have yet to take my V6 out of the plastic wrap and I bought it the day it came out. :?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea i buy the DH releases too. Its interesting to read how they translated it compared to us.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Joel
imanewbie

Post by Joel »

from what i saw on their site dark horse is going to start two months in between releases...this all my guess just looking at the release dates of vol 7 and 8. hope they keep that up.already got the first 6 volumes coming in on order.downloading with bit tornado is slow going on 4 days with 80% done. thanks for the warm welcomes. I'll try to stay out of trouble

peace
Joel
519paintball.com
The_Paya
Mastered PM

Post by The_Paya »

Hi all, it's 4:35am in the morning at work and while buying some time til the sun can light my way home, I though of making my introduction on these forums (but this only was after reading the whole 1st page of this thread, i feel identified somehow ;).

As many of you i found berserk by "causality", i had meet friends that i lost for 2 years and after watching Evangelion (who knows why it started there) they wanted me to see it. They still think I was the only one who got it, who knows. But then, i was not familiarized with Anime at all, so I wanted more (I'm one of those guys that wants to know something about all, since i realize that the only thing I know is, that don't know anything at all ;), so they began to send me links, and "names" to download. (Soultaker, Hack.//SIGN, nice animations/music respectively)

Being fascinated with "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust" (this movie almost make me cry in the end, not even the saddest movie in the world could do this to me! :+), I started to follow the "bloodline", this lend me to Hellsing, and some others (hence my avatar :+P).

But this was just starting and I still wanted more (blood). A little research on friends of my friends who knew even more about the culture, lend me to the word: "Berserk". So i "jigled" it. And after 3 months of waiting (slow adsl lines in this country), I watched Berserk.

The ending...

The trastornation on my self being was like Gutts with the armor and also being possessed, very very mad. No one (nor even the one that gave me the word Berserk) knew about the ending (cos they only watched the first 4 or 5 chapters and then canceled the whole download X'D).

Until I found The Hawks, and downloaded the translated manga. Somehow i was lucky since i discovered the manga when volume 23 was "new" so I devoured the whole thing in just one day.

That keep me wanting for more, of course, like to the rest of you. But the time between releases was like "ARRGH!", so after volume 26 I started a new search, this time on Google.

And good Google give me digitalpanic, and digitalpanic EG -CHAPTER- releases, and now mindwerks gives me EG chapter releases, bittorrent and even direct downloads.

So i couldn't resist my habit of being a non-factor (sorry RPG game-made word) and wanted to say thanks, in the thread of the release, but someone took my words, and i had to quote it ;+).

edit: I forgot to add my formal request to live on my newbie status til it ends on the "Stupid Theory" thread.

And Thanks again ;+)
-.wherever you go, there you are.-
Emppu
imanewbie

Post by Emppu »

Hello everyone! Another newbie around :o
If life deals you a bad hand... cheat.
Century_Slayer
imanewbie

Post by Century_Slayer »

Hi, my name’s Century_Slayer, I’m 21, and I’m a Berserk-aholic.

I first encountered Berserk in an AMV three years ago. I didn’t much care for Linkin Park, however, so it didn’t stay on my computer long. The anime did intrigue me, though. So, I eventually “acquired” <_< the anime, and went through the usual confusing phase after the last episode. Then I found a fansite that told of the manga.

And so began my search for random downloads, always getting a little here and there from Photobucket albums, Spectrum’s releases, and even resorting to text-only translations. Eventually, I started importing volumes, and got about five until I found out Darkhorse had released a few translated volumes. Unfortunately, they were taking a long time, not to mention I had drained my funds. Searching for free scans, I eventually found Digital Panic, and lurked there for a long while--since September, I believe, so I’m aware of things other newbies may not be aware of--, then the Berserk forums moved here. I believe I’ve read the whole series so far several times (not all at once, yet :wink:).

I probably won’t be able to spam 24 hours a day, due to work and my connection (damn you, dial-up), but I’ll certainly post whenever I feel something relevant to say. :)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well nice to see you here. Hope you have fun.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
saber_raimu
imanewbie
Location: Past the bolted doors, where impossible thigns may happen that the world- wait wrong series (^_^);

Post by saber_raimu »

errr hey im yet another newb o_O;;
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics;

Even if you win, you're still retarted.
Neural Eclipse
imanewbie

Post by Neural Eclipse »

Another newb here. I've been reading these forums for a while and finally decided to post. Doubt I'll be doing the same anytime soon, because I really need to reread Berserk before I can have any good input for this forum.

And no, my alias has nothing to do with Berserk's eclipse, in case anyone is wondering. :wink:
spicketofendor
imanewbie

Post by spicketofendor »

blah blah my first post, been reading berserk for like 6 years now, blah blah blah:D
gatsu97
imanewbie

Post by gatsu97 »

hi im gatsu97 and i live for berserk

i've been looking for berserk scans forever until i found spectrum nexus and then i use the link up to here. Truly guys you're doing a great job, i mean without you , we could'nt know what's happening in the future.

well, thanks a lot
being a quad is not that bad
OverSoulVI
imanewbie

Post by OverSoulVI »

hey im Oversoul and as almost everyone else im completely obsessed with berserk. U guys are the best. Your translations save my life repeatedly.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Hi people! Who am I? Another newbie for the time being.

Just after watching the last episode of the Berserk anime, I googled the manga and read the translations created by The Hawks. My quest for the recent chapter translations led me here. After lurking around a little bit, I've decided to join the discussions.

Nice to meet you all...
gaara
imanewbie

Post by gaara »

welcome, and I'll introduce myself in the mean time...I'm gaara, from belgium, discovered Berserk anime about 3 months ago, and I watched them all in a row, with some snacks and smokes inbetween...I'm not kidding, it was the best day of my life so far.

Although I was a little depressed by the ending... so imagine how happy I was 4 days ago that I discovered that there was a manga that went much further (I read from volume 14 up to the latest chapter)...and so yeah, since they don't like me rambling about berserk all the time in general anime forums I thought Ima do it inhere:p

ps I can't choose what's better: gungrave or berserk
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Welcome both, hope you enjoy your stay.

P.S.: Berserk pwns Gungrave.
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

Hi, my name is To2fpic and i have been a berserk fan for quite awhile now. I started this addiction from the manga (which is uncommon) and have never seen the anime (nor do i want to). I've been lurking around here for quite awhile now but because Berserk is 1000 times more addictive than crack, heroine, and cocaine combined, i decided to embrace this addiction with open arms... so now I'm posting! Anyways, peace and love!
A wise monkey never monkeys around with another monkey's monkey
Volyund
imanewbie

Hello

Post by Volyund »

Hi, I'm Volyund

I knew about Berserk for a while from my friends and Anime News Network (one of the highest rated anime ever). However, since there were mixed reviews (it's absolutely great; or; it's horrible, too much blood and the ending is horrible) I didn't get to downloading the series until two weeks ago. I also knew from reviews that there is manga and so I download it from The Hawks at the same time as I did anime (I don't like cliffhangers).

What I like about Berserk is the complexity, completeness, and the believable world with believable characters. Also I like that it is not "softened" like most Hollywood movies are (absence of: "oh no, these were children once upon a time, and even though they eat humans now I can't kill 'em!" I hate that in Hollywood!). Because everything is so believable and non censored it feels very real, and that just sucks me in.
Now I can't wait until new chapters come out, and until I have enough money to buy all the manga in Japanese.

By the way, I can read Japanese, but I am not that good at translating. However, I am pretty good at finding mistakes in translation (even without seeing original Japanese version) and/or some better expressions that can be used. So I was wondering if I could be of any help to the scanslation team.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: Hello

Post by Eldo »

Volyund wrote:By the way, I can read Japanese, but I am not that good at translating. However, I am pretty good at finding mistakes in translation (even without seeing original Japanese version) and/or some better expressions that can be used. So I was wondering if I could be of any help to the scanslation team.
That's cool, PM Nazgul or Evan either on IRC or on this forum. Welcome to EG.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Wow so many people have joined us in the last couple days welcome everyone hope you will enjoy this forum.

Gaara: Berserk anime is very diffrent from manga and not reading the first 13 vols means you have missed alot of things that happened to Guts,when he was a kid,etc.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Sure I will PM you.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Amion
imanewbie

Greetings ladies and gents.

Post by Amion »

Hello everyone! My name as you may have noticed is Amion and I am fan of anime in general and more recently Beserk and One Piece.

Lemme start by saying this, I very much respect how you all deal with Noobs around here. It's appropriate, and from what I can see with what befell that tard of a noob Griffith, it works. Keep up the good work! 8)

Secondly, much props for the people responsible for providing such a great service to those who enjoy Berserk, it is appreciated. I look forward to getting off my lazy ass and reading all the manga.

Just a little bit of info about myself here, I'm from Oklahoma, 22, a Scorpio, married with a kid and one on the way in August. I love anime and gaming. I enjoy practicing martial arts, especially sparring with anyone who will take me up on it, and watersports are awesome.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Greetings ladies and gents.

Post by Femto »

Amion wrote:Hello everyone! My name as you may have noticed is Amion and I am fan of anime in general and more recently Beserk and One Piece.

Lemme start by saying this, I very much respect how you all deal with Noobs around here. It's appropriate, and from what I can see with what befell that tard of a noob Griffeth, it works. Keep up the good work! 8)

Secondly, much props for the people responsible for providing such a great service to those who enjoy Berserk, it is appreciated. I look forward to getting off my lazy ass and reading all the manga.

Just a little bit of info about myself here, I'm from Oklahoma, 22, a Scorpio, married with a kid and one on the way in August. I love anime and gaming. I enjoy practicing martial arts, especially sparring with anyone who will take me up on it, and watersports are awesome.
Great way to introduce yourself.

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your child and your future second. Starnum is the only parent I know of around these parts, so that's the person you'll most likely to relate to. We're all just a bunch of kids otherwise and psi is our god.

I'm 20 just in case.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

If you guys want to, feel free to post ages in the off-the-wall's birthday thread.

I would like to do more with the BB here, but I'm waiting for phpBB3 to be released that will allow for customizing profiles so you can have birthdays, pictures, attached files etc etc. Its coming... eventually. I don't plan on letting the place sit like it is. :P

As for berserk stuff, I'll make a poll here in a minute about it. It has been topic of controversy among moderators and myself.

To all the newcomers, welcome. If you guys have suggestions, questions, or anything else (general hate) regarding the BB (not berserk) be sure to do it in the appropriate forum "Help & Suggestions"