New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well welcome aboard. and nice (purposeful im assuming :?:) misspelling oringial. and dont be afraid to post normally. some of us welcome new comers :D
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Hello to all you old and new members!

I finally made it o make my first post (I spent days trying to create a cooler signature (one that looks meaner), but in the end it remained just as funky as I am) 8) .

Anyway, I am rocking the keyboard in a moderate sized country in the eastern side of the heart of Europe. In Hungary anime is just starting to catch on, unfortunately only the ones for children. Manga is totally unknown. I doubt that Berserk will ever hit the TV channels or the news stands here.

So, I had really bad chances of ever knowing anything about Berserk, but I once downloaded a music video where images of Berserk were used. Since the music was good (Korn: Dead bodies everywhere (great choice, isn't it)) I watched it regularly, and couldn't help wondering what all the massacre was about. So I found a website, where I read the contents of the anime (the first 7 chapters respectively). Only later did I stumble on a website, recommended by a friend of mine, where I found tons of anime and manga ready to be downloaded.
Before anyone gets excited about where it is, I regret to say that several weeks ago it ceased to exist (that's authorities for ya).

Anyway, the entire Berserk anime landed on my hard drive, and caused me many hours of blood filled fun. You can guess what happened next. Once I realized, that the anime has no acceptable ending, I had no choice but to get the manga as well.
Reading that made me realize something: This stuff is sick! And so am I for reading it!
But it was too late, I desperately want to know how this shit turns out in the end.
Since the manga directory soon ran out of unfamiliar chapters too, I traced back the origins of these translations, and that's how I found the Evil Genius forum.

I had the intention of registering sooner, becouse I often wanted to make my voice heard, or ask something that was not clear, but the last straw was that I am now unable to download directly from anywhere else! (This must be a widespread motivation, becouse almost two thirds of the members are "silent partners".)

Sorry if it's a long first post, but I wanted to tell as much as possible.
I rarely find the opportunity to keep up with the posts on the forum, but I assure you:
This is not the last time you see the flaming skull!
(and I really hope that's about the only flaming I'll be seeing related to my name)

Cheers
:smoken:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Now that is intro.... Skull welcome to Mindwerks. i am the fellow door man that will guide you through your life here on the forums.
oneofakind
Found the Edit button

Post by oneofakind »

Hello to all the members of this forum,
After a long time visiting this site, I´ve finally decided to sign up and make it possible for me to contribute in the best way I can to this forum.

The reason I stumbled across Berserk was a visit to various forums and websites to search information about "Blade of the Immortal". Instead of finding what i was searching for, I got to a Berserk site and was astonished about the beauty of the pics and the story behind them. So I immediately decided to download the first 26 volumes. After reading them in about a week, I started to search for more and more, because it was like I couldn't´t get enough of such a beauty of a manga. That's how my true addiction to Berserk began...
And now here I am, starting as a complete Newbie (status I hope won´t last long...) in such a great Community.

All I can say is: It´s nice to be here
Wyrm
imanewbie

Post by Wyrm »

Yo, I am the Wyrm. And that is all you need to know about me.
Ph34r t3h Wyrm extraordinaire that is I.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Wyrm wrote:Yo, I am the Wyrm. And that is all you need to know about me.
OK. Hi.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
KolaJ
imanewbie

Post by KolaJ »

hi, I'm KolaJ

I have been reading this forum for some time now and i finally decided to post here. :roll:
I'm Russian and my English grammar is bad so forgive me for that. :oops:

I first downloaded the Berserk anime and with ed2k and the ending didn't satisfy me at all + that 1 ep they had... After that had to get the manga and when I did - it changed my life!

I like to think over the anime I watch and Berserk helped me realize the meaning of good and evil, to understand what is power, and find a worthy point of my life. For that I am wary grateful to Murai and his drawings.

In Berserk I really like the character Griffith and the way he is shown. :twisted: Please don't fry me on this spot! I know you all hate him but for me he is the main character. Berserk is so great for the balanced way the story is being told and and the moral point is reveled!
I will be around this forum as long as it translates Berserk but you wont see many of my post.
Just remember: Every time you speak ill of Griffith, I will be there looking down at you :wink:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I don't hate griffith, because, in a world without griffith, there wouldn't be a Guts. Anyways, your grammar aint that bad, you need a bit of practice ;). Welcome :thumbsup:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

your grammar might be better than mine and english(american) is my first language :D.
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Hi, I'm a female and a newb to this forum, but I have been a fan of the Berserk series for a while. I'm still in High school, so a lot of my time is eaten up by homework, sports, friends, etc. but I'll post when I can.

Btw KolaJ, I love Griffith too because he is such an interesting character. Griffith is cool because he wasn't always evil unlike most evil characters are in most animes and mangas.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

evilester_me wrote:Hi, I'm a female
ok now watch all the people will be super duper nice to you cuz you said that. Either way welcome to the mindwerks and post POST POST!!!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Stop going off-topic please. If this continues I'll move all off-topic posts to the bucket.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yes, welcome. If you have any need to discuss any topics about Griffith, feel free to post in the appropriate thread.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
twister_x
imanewbie

Post by twister_x »

sorry but i want to ask ,

there was a huge list with a seeder called nevewhere

now they say to go there i must go to #lurk or something okey

i tried to go there but nothing happens so what i had to do

and sorry if some one post it before me but i dont think it will bother to tell

me , right !
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Regretfully, I set the topic on the IRC channel informing leechers about lurk (since the bot is down), and I'm sort of sick of telling people how to register their goddamn nicks and other various shit. Since I put it there, people are always asking, 'there's this magical manga distributing bot that has loads of mangas and shit and where can I find it' and 'I can't get into the channel and shit'.

I'm fucking sick and tired of answering these questions.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I've deleted all the spam in this thread since the last newbie post. I've said this many times before, keep this thread free of spam. We are trying to encourage lurkers and future newbies to posting here, but when regulars start spamming this thread, even flaming the new members, then that means that this thread is not working properly. If you want to spam, go to Off-The-Wall. If you have an issue with a new member that posts in this thread, then PM him or start a thread in Interstice about it.

All future spam that doesn't have anything to do with this thread will be deleted. If you have a problem with this, or want a more detailed explanation on why I'm doing this, then PM me and I'll gladly go over this with you. I personally think that the situation is as clear as water.
BaNaN
imanewbie

Post by BaNaN »

Hows it hanging? I have been a member here for almost a half year I think, but I have not said so much. I just sit quietly and read all funny stuff going on here while waiting on egs releases.. keep up tha good work dudes, you know we love it! :lol:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh i love the guts avatar. how about you try posting once in a while, all (who arent n00bz) are welcome :D.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

yes, nice catch... it's hard to see that expression on Guts face :)
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Hi guys. I'm new here .

I first saw the Berserk Anime a few years ago , I found it one of the best animes ever at the time. Although I knew there was a Manga aswell , I never read it becouse back then , I wasn't really into Manga.
A few months back i purchased the DVD box of Berserk for old times sake . I really enjoyed it again but by now I had gotten interested in manga aswell The ending of the original Berserk was good in my opinion ( some hat the ending for being so mysterious , I actually liked it ) nevertheless I decided to read the manga .

I got the first volumes of the Band of the Hawk ( srry guys :D ) , but then started getting them from here. I'm quite pleased with these translations and hope they will continue in the future .

Some might know me from the Boxtorrents forum , where I am also a member.

A little more about myself ?
Well I'm a 19 year old student going to University . Ive been into anime for a few years. But i'm no fool downloading everything he sees. I only download the things I like which is why my collection is only 80 gigabytes large atm . I also like manga and have read quite a few . ( My favourite is Rurouni Kenshin , alongside of Berserk of course ) .

My english is hopefully a bit understandable ( I'm from Belgium , we have three official languages here ( dutch,french and german ) but nog English .. ) and I hope I will have a good time here .

Thank you for listening :) .
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Welcome to the forum Joeki!
And don't worry about your English. It seems good enough!
8)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I've split this thread and moved two pages of spam and off-topic posts to the bucket. Keep it up idiots.

kthnxbie
llammamama
imanewbie

Post by llammamama »

Ahh, well i suppose i might as well just sign up and post then..

I found berserk about 2 years ago after watching the first episode of the anime rendition. I thought it was bad enough that i didnt bother with the second but instead picked up the scanlations by the Hawks because i could tell that there was probably a story somewhere.

Needless to say i read ~20 somthing chapters the same day and have been following it ever sence. Unfortunately none of my friends bother with it so i've been all alone when it comes to interpreting the manga, so dont be suprised if i've got some off-base conceptions about whats happened so far.

For the past six months or so i've been unable to get this off my desktop..

[img]http://www.pwrsrc.net/~hrahrahra/l%7cam ... erk_02.JPG[/img]

but hey i'm sure you've all had your own favorite shots.

In any case you might see me around lurking a little or even posting once or twice ~
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

welcome. hope you enjoy hearing/reading other peoples opinions about the meanings behind berserk. hope to see you around. i assume you've read the faq :D
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

Hello everyone, newb here, been keepin track of berserk for about a year now after I watched the animes and started getting into manga last Oct. (BTW was it a whore to find volumes 1-3 or was it just me?)

Friggin' addicted to Berserk and proud to say that I've addicted a few buddies as well, sorry to say they won't be joining us in the forums cause they can't use computers worth crap so I give them all the updates.

Been using your tracker since... well forever really, decided I should finally join your forum after reading http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... sc&start=0 and the thread on berserk direct download... You guys are awesome, hilarious ... and totally not willing to put up with shit; should enjoy my time here!

Don't expect to see me post often though even if the only forums I frequent are stoptazmo.com and here -and- yes I USUALLY do short posts.

Edit: Yeah I read the FAQ and the guidelines before posting... I don't usually start posts anyway; I'm reactionary.
Last edited by martyr3810 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.