New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

hrbngr
imanewbie

Re: New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Post by hrbngr »

istvan,
thanks for the reply.

fujinsan,

actually i have already researched too much on the subject...DOH! It turns out she's still around, memory lost, etc. The question is whether or not Miura wants them to have a happy ending as right now she appears to be one of the driving forces for the Guts to be doing the things he does, trying to get her memory back, etc

I'm not sure if there is any other romantic interest for Guts along the way, or up to this point in the series--dont need any spoilers, heh--but it's nice to know that she is still around and that they might work out in the end...

now..if she drives him crazy enuf, your scenario might work out after all. :)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

hrbngr wrote:istvan,
thanks for the reply.

fujinsan,

actually i have already researched too much on the subject...DOH! It turns out she's still around, memory lost, etc. The question is whether or not Miura wants them to have a happy ending as right now she appears to be one of the driving forces for the Guts to be doing the things he does, trying to get her memory back, etc

I'm not sure if there is any other romantic interest for Guts along the way, or up to this point in the series--dont need any spoilers, heh--but it's nice to know that she is still around and that they might work out in the end...

now..if she drives him crazy enuf, your scenario might work out after all. :)
I wish, at the moment Caskas only dead weight that's pissing everyone and their mothers off. I am a romantic myself at heart, but when your girlfriends two fruitloops short of your morning breakfast then she gotta go.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

fujinsan wrote: I wish, at the moment Caskas only dead weight that's pissing everyone and their mothers off. I am a romantic myself at heart, but when your girlfriends two fruitloops short of your morning breakfast then she gotta go.
Please. If she was that close to normal (only two fruitloops short), he should definately keep her. In this case, it's the fact that she's an entire bowl's worth of fruitloops, the milk, the spoon, and the bowl itself short of a morning breakfast (leaving only the napkin and the table) that's the problem.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

hrbngr wrote:2. I have no problems buying the darkhorse versions 1-9, could anyone tell me what that is equivalent to in terms of the DVD series I just re-watched, Vols1-6? From what i can tell the Manga vol 1-3 is equivalent to the DVD...but im not certain.
The first half of Volume 1 in the manga is maybe equivalent to the first episode of the anime. Then some major story comes around foreshadowing the eclipse and Guts' first real fight against a demon count and I think at the end of chapter 3 the flashback to the Golden Age arc kicks in. The anime is mostly true to the manga in that arc, besides a few scenes and minor characters, and the eclipse happens in Volume 12/13 in the manga, so if you're not up to rereading everything you've seen in the anime, I'd read 1-3, and then from 12/13 on up to now.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:
hrbngr wrote:2. I have no problems buying the darkhorse versions 1-9, could anyone tell me what that is equivalent to in terms of the DVD series I just re-watched, Vols1-6? From what i can tell the Manga vol 1-3 is equivalent to the DVD...but im not certain.
The first half of Volume 1 in the manga is maybe equivalent to the first episode of the anime. Then some major story comes around foreshadowing the eclipse and Guts' first real fight against a demon count and I think at the end of chapter 3 the flashback to the Golden Age arc kicks in. The anime is mostly true to the manga in that arc, besides a few scenes and minor characters, and the eclipse happens in Volume 12/13 in the manga, so if you're not up to rereading everything you've seen in the anime, I'd read 1-3, and then from 12/13 on up to now.
That would mean you missed the whole Wyald and the Black Dog Nights scenario, along with Guts encounters with the Barikala clan.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yeah, and the Barikala clan is seeming as if it will become increasingly important. Given how intricate Miura's plot is, and how tightly woven everything is, I'd advise not skipping anything. The anime only included what was relevent to the story they were telling-the Golden Age. I think they did a very good job at that, but it means that a number of things relevent to the story as a whole, but not to the Golden Age, got dropped. You should probably just read it all if you don't want to miss anything.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: My First Post

Post by The Herald »

because if it did none of us would be able to enjoy the burnage as thoroughly
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

yes you do have a point there lol.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

The only thing that could make this thread better is further input by the OP. Classic shit.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
hrbngr
imanewbie

Post by hrbngr »

thanks for all the feedback so far.

It appears that Amazon is one of the better place to get the manga, but i need to go to one of the monthly anime meetings in the DC area to see if anyone has the books that I can borrow first--I would even prefer to buy used copies if i can save a little money for the first 22-23 volumes.

Once I get to vol 23, where do i start to look for the downloads? via mIRC channels per the FAQ? if someone wouldn't mind laying that out for me, that would be great. feel free to PM me if needed. I do know that only the recent chapters / volumes are available to dload off of this site.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Hey keither8, if you're still around just let me know what your suggestions for the story are.

I'll be sure to forward them directly to Mr. Miura. Setting up that Japanese email account was hard as hell so don't worry about it...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

This thread is classic...

so I've merged it for all to enjoy.
The King
imanewbie

Post by The King »

so when does each chapter come out how many weeks will it take??
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The King wrote:so when does each chapter come out how many weeks will it take??
You suck!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

The Prince wrote:
You suck!
I agree.......

Whats up with the grossly deformed avatars noobs have been picking up lately? I mean, seriously, at least take the time to make it look presentable.

May be ridiculously out of proportion pixelated avatars are the new fad?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Go read the FAQ. Then don't ask such questions again.

Although at least you picked the right thread for it.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Rolos wrote:
The Prince wrote:
You suck!
I agree.......

Whats up with the grossly deformed avatars noobs have been picking up lately? I mean, seriously, at least take the time to make it look presentable.

May be ridiculously out of proportion pixelated avatars are the new fad?
Pointing at self atm with a wide ass grin
Exicron
imanewbie

Post by Exicron »

Hi all.

Hum Hum...
I'm french and i come in your forum for, in first, to speak to Berserk and in second, to learn to speak English.

I read Vinland Saga, Berserk (of course), Zetman, Open Sesame, One Piece, Gantz, Vagabond, HNI, REAL etc.

I hate the mosquito and i think that live in the island is a good choice.
I live next to Geneva. I hate Sarah Palin, I hate McCain.
Kobe Bryant is the better than Zidane.

I love Edward Norton and NY ^^

If you are any questions, make it(i have'nt girlfriend and not adress msn of a girl with big boobs :p). And sorry for my ungly english.

See ya !
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Exicron wrote:I hate Sarah Palin, I hate McCain.
You are very welcome here. :)
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

War Machine wrote:
You are very welcome here. :)
Truth to that! Welcome to the board Exicron. Your English is kind of funny to read, but it's all good. You're English is way better than my French, so nothing to complain about there. You've made the right first step by making your first post in this thread, good work! :)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

There's always room for more sheep here. Just follow War Machines lead.....Baaaahhhh..................

BTW......this is what Zidane is known for in the US. Dude doesn't belong in the same sentence as Kobe.

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Prince wrote:
There's always room for more sheep here. Just follow War Machines lead.....Baaaahhhh..................
Don't tell me you actually think they're the better option.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Guys guys...

This isn't a "Indecision 2008" thread, so keep it civil...
calvin42
imanewbie

Post by calvin42 »

ah, i missed this place. took about a two year hiatus from all things related to manga. it's good to catch up on all the Berserk, biomega, and zetman goodness.

i like the new look of the forum also, but I'm glad most things haven't changed.