New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

retrogamer
imanewbie

Re: New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here Firs

Post by retrogamer »

Thanks for the welcome. As for the board being slow, I think that's just message boards and IRC in general these days, although the pace of Berserk releases doesn't help in this case. It seems like Reddit/Social Media have taken over, but I just don't enjoy the (lower) quality of discussion, nor do I enjoy providing free content for companies that make money on analytics without giving back to the communities they host (not that I'd tell anyone else not to use those sites, just my two cents). Like I said, I just look forward to Miura picking up the pace and being here to discuss the new episodes through to the end. :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I know what you mean.
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

oh shit, we got someone new?
Strange....

well, welcome... though, about a month late... but hey, at least its not at the next berserk chapter release, when everyone comes back from the dead. =D
retrogamer
imanewbie

Post by retrogamer »

luciferian wrote:oh shit, we got someone new?
Strange....

well, welcome... though, about a month late... but hey, at least its not at the next berserk chapter release, when everyone comes back from the dead. =D
I'd been lurking for awhile, to be honest. I've just been out of the loop of involvement online for a long while now (college, then work, and just life), and I was bitching to a friend of mine about how social media and Reddit, Tumblr, etc. have taken over and killed off all the old boards. He said something to me like "Well, if you care so much, why don't you post?" and I had a Beavis & Butthead "Uh...oh yeah." kind of moment. I didn't even know this place existed until about a year ago though, when I bothered to research where the translations were coming from. I'm not much on board wars, but let me just say I'm aware of that other one and it's not my kind of place, so I figured I'd support this one. But anyway, thanks for the welcome, hopefully I can contribute to the discussion down the line.

EDIT: By the way, I thought we were about due for a new episode when I made that post and people would be along shortly. Boy was I wrong. :(
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

luciferian wrote:but hey, at least its not at the next berserk chapter release, when everyone comes back from the dead. =D
Its not that we come back from the dead, its that we break the ritual induced trance in which we channel our life force into Miura in the hope that the blood sacrifice will speed up the release of the next chapter.
I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN SLACKING BASTARDS! KEEP CHANTING, I WANT MY CHAPTER!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

somefatman wrote:
luciferian wrote:but hey, at least its not at the next berserk chapter release, when everyone comes back from the dead. =D
Its not that we come back from the dead, its that we break the ritual induced trance in which we channel our life force into Miura in the hope that the blood sacrifice will speed up the release of the next chapter.
I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN SLACKING BASTARDS! KEEP CHANTING, I WANT MY CHAPTER!
***Cracks open coffin in hope that the higher board activity means a new chapter is out.***
"No new chapter? Oh well."
***Closes coffin again to await further developments.**
Yoshitsuna
imanewbie

Post by Yoshitsuna »

Hi, I'm Yoshitsuna. I have come from the deepest darkest corner of the internet, the Lurker's Swamp, to actually discuss Berserk, because despite my best efforts, progress converting most of my friends has been slow and thus far fruitless.

I first saw the Berserk anime in middle school and I really liked it, though I had not gotten to see the full thing at the time, notably missing the eclipse. It wasn't until I read the manga a couple years later to get the story in full that I saw it, and I'm pretty glad actually that I ended up reading it first as opposed to watching it. Been a fan ever since, and have loved the work EG has been doing for years now.
Aazholh
imanewbie

Post by Aazholh »

Yoshitsuna wrote:Hi, I'm Yoshitsuna. I have come from the deepest darkest corner of the internet, the Lurker's Swamp, to actually discuss Berserk, because despite my best efforts, progress converting most of my friends has been slow and thus far fruitless.

I first saw the Berserk anime in middle school and I really liked it, though I had not gotten to see the full thing at the time, notably missing the eclipse. It wasn't until I read the manga a couple years later to get the story in full that I saw it, and I'm pretty glad actually that I ended up reading it first as opposed to watching it. Been a fan ever since, and have loved the work EG has been doing for years now.
Welcome! For what it's worth, none of my friends are into Berserk either. Kind of a niche franchise, I guess.
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

Yoshitsuna wrote:Hi, I'm Yoshitsuna. I have come from the deepest darkest corner of the internet, the Lurker's Swamp, to actually discuss Berserk, because despite my best efforts, progress converting most of my friends has been slow and thus far fruitless.

Welcome, may you be the first of a new wave of users of this forum.
Don't fear the darkness until you see what light can do.
GamerTimeUS
imanewbie

Post by GamerTimeUS »

bhaal wrote:

Welcome, may you be the first of a new wave of users of this forum.
I am also new, hello all.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Always nice to have new members - welcome both of you!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Welcome aboard! :)
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

psi29a wrote:Welcome aboard! :)
You mean "Welcome ashore"?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

These jokers I tell ya
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Greetings and salutations to all the new members! With Berserk back in full force, you've chosen a wonderful time to join our community. So make yourself at home, get cozy in your favorite chair, and enjoy yourself a big ole' helping of delicious manga. If you need anything, just let us know. We'll see ya around. ;)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

DrPepperPro wrote:
psi29a wrote:Welcome aboard! :)
You mean "Welcome ashore"?
Oh you! :P