Berserk - 2016 TV Anime (Premieres July 1st)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Berserk - 2016 TV Anime (Premieres July 1st)

Post by LordMune »

http://berserk-anime.com/

There's a new teaser trailer out today, showcasing what seems to be updated shaders, really colorful character designs, and a new logo. Kentaro Miura is listed as something like "supervisory director", and this is the first time he's credited as anything beyond "original creator" in any adaptation. I'm taking Serpico and Farnese's vivid colors as a sign of his involvement. There's also a snippet of Susumu Hirasawa's insert song Hai Yo ("O Ashes") in there.

Shiro Sagisu (Evangelion, the recent Berserk films) will be returning to compose the actual soundtrack.
9mm Parabellum Bullet will be performing the Opening song.

It will air (and be simulcast by Crunchyroll) in July this year, with the principal voice cast of the movies returning.
Anime News Network wrote: Hiroaki Iwanaga as Guts
Kaoru Mizuhara as Puck
Yōko Hikasa as Farnese
Kazuyuki Okitsu as Serpico
Hiro Shimono as Isidro
Hiroki Yasumoto as Azan
Toa Yukinari as Casca
Takahiro Sakurai as Griffith
Akio Ohtsuka as Skull Knight
Unshou Ishizuka as Narrator
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Berserk - 2016 TV Anime

Post by Grahf »

Yeah I saw this posted on Crunchyroll..... Man that made my day!
"Context is for Kings"
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

That picture of Guts is :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The CG looks a little better in the new teaser. I mean, it's a still a shit sandwich (I'm looking at you, poorly animated Isidro), but at least it seems to blend in with the 2D better.

EDIT - You know what? I take it back. After watching it a few more times, I think it's looking totally watchable. I'd need to see more, but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this one.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Well the cg will have its quirks. I've learned watching the latest few cg animes like "Kingdom", "God Eater", "BBK/BNRK" etc.. That the cg isn't on par but at least it's getting there.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah hell yeah! The hype is real! That promo picture of Guts is sic AF and the animation is looking better! July can't get here soon enough, lol. Thanks for the update, Mune. I'm gonna go spread the good word now.
BaNaN
imanewbie

Post by BaNaN »

So there is a new TV series coming out in July?

I hope that first CG trailer was just for show and will not be part of the series... Cause it looks awful.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Nice :twisted: looks good to me better then the last series.. I reserve the right to see it in its entirety before making snap judgments on it... as long it is more than once a month or twice a year I will enjoy it :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Sandman wrote:I reserve the right to see it in its entirety before making snap judgments on it...
Who are you and what did you do to Sandman?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wait, it's a TV series! I thought it was just another movie. Dude, that's pretty cool.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

War Machine wrote:
Sandman wrote:I reserve the right to see it in its entirety before making snap judgments on it...
Who are you and what did you do to Sandman?
I reserve the right but lack the will power... most times :twisted:

Yes tv series should be a better format I hope, but it also could mean that it will be dumbed down to be on tv... no titties, no apostles that look like a guy junk... so not all bad :twisted:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sandman wrote:Yes tv series should be a better format I hope, but it also could mean that it will be dumbed down to be on tv... no titties, no apostles that look like a guy junk... so not all bad :twisted:
Yeah, that's a good point. I hope they don't hold back too much. I wanna see Berserk in all of it's graphic horror.

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Boo, no horse mounting going on this series... that might suck or blow hahahahahahah

It should be fine but you never know... it seems like some time when the source material is great the product pales in comparison... like most comic book movies :evil:
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

The original anime wasn't perfect either, but I watched it 6 times AND it got me into reading the manga (and manga in general). So I'm really looking forward to this.

And in unrelated news: if you're a fan of the original series, like me, you'll probably enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8phqA2gkkRc The cutscenes from the PS2 games, subbed in English.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Your right it wasn't perfect but it was the first thing I saw of Berserk so I didn't know better... and I cried like a bitch at the end with guts getting his whole world ripped apart and was mad as hell when the fucking anime ended with no resolution. Then found the manga and read the shit out of it had to wait what felt like 50years for the hawks scans to come through over torrent :evil: then found EG and I have been here ever since :twisted:

But now that I know the source material it is going to be a little bit different, I just hope they do it justice... and no fillers they throw fillers in there and I will fly to Japan and find those anime making SOB's and tickle them to death cause that is what they would deserve :twisted:
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

It really looks watchable. But if they AGAIN stick to the first fucking Arc only, I'm going to nuke them.

Btw, what were they up to, putting a quote of a german philosopher into a japanese anime teaser?

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146, Friedrich Nietzsche
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Well I agree that they shouldn't even touch the first arc again except for maybe Wyld's scene which would be nice but unnecessary... And the reason for the quote is that it fits berserk to a tee :twisted: that and the anime might be Japanese but the subject matter is most definitely European.
BaNaN
imanewbie

Post by BaNaN »

There seems to be news on the anime site

It mentions 2016-07-02 for episode 1 & 2 ?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Re: Berserk - 2016 TV Anime (Premieres July 1st)

Post by LordMune »

There have been tweets about tickets to a "talk show" that will include a screenings of episodes 1 and 2 and interviews with the cast, on July 2nd. I assume that's when it'll be recorded? Didn't see anything about air dates. Chances are it'll air after the second episode (July 8th).
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Glad it is coming out soon... now maybe Miura can get back to writing and drawing again :twisted:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

New trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih2-9HwHlpw

After watching that, watch the first trailer again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIA9xg2oIew

Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

http://imgur.com/a/avfyi
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Not sure what you're getting at there, War. I've never been good at noticing small details tho, lol. Man, it looks like they're going to skip ahead to the Knights of the Iron Chain. I'll be honest, I'm gonna be a little disappointed if they skip the Snake Baron, The Slug Count, AND the Lost Children arc. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about this cell shaded look. I don't mind that they're blending traditional and computer animation, but I want it to look like an anime, not a video game. Eh, I guess I should just be happy that we're getting a new Berserk anime, and I certainly am! July 1st can't get here soon enough, lol. We're almost there guys, just a little further to go! XD
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

New trailer

Old Trailer

2D art was severely downgraded, 3D is better, but overall the entire thing just looks worse.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh yeah, I see it now. Bummer...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Its not the artwork that bothers me it the non-fluid motion of the animation... I have been watching God Eater and they do something similar... I just hope it is better than the other berserk movies :evil:
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

War Machine wrote:New trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih2-9HwHlpw

After watching that, watch the first trailer again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIA9xg2oIew

Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

http://imgur.com/a/avfyi
YOU CAN'T STOP THE HYPETRAIN MAN!