Will people ever find out about Griffith's true nature?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Will people ever find out about Griffith's true nature?

Post by dos.azn »

Hey guys I'm a few chapters behind but I doubt much has changed pertaining to my question.

Seeing as how Falconia is portrayed as a kingdom of light and people still embrace Griffith as their savior, do you think they will ever witness the prophecy of Griffith engulfing the world in darkness?
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Will people ever find out about Griffith's true nature?

Post by Starnum »

Hey, it's Dos! Long time no see dude. Yeah I think the people of Midland will come to see Griffith for the false idol that he really is.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Personally given the overall nature/tone of Berserk, I wouldn't be suprised if the vast majority of people still believed in Griffith even after Guts killed him (or however he ends up getting done in...).
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Yeah that is my fear Istvan, I really feel like Guts will not only have to fight the new Band of the Hawk but also the Midland sheep that think Griffith is their savior. Its really frustrating to see all these people flock to him just from a prophecy, but I guess that is Miura's intention to show how naively blindsided people can be due to their religious beliefs. I hope Sonia dies like how Griffith's torturer died, impaled by Guts sword and being alive long enough to feel it. :twisted:

Yep its me Starnum! I finally got around to watching the Golden Age so it made me think of the EG Forum. Btw, the Golden Age sucked. The new animations were great, everything else was not.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

dos.azn wrote:Yeah that is my fear Istvan, I really feel like Guts will not only have to fight the new Band of the Hawk but also the Midland sheep that think Griffith is their savior. Its really frustrating to see all these people flock to him just from a prophecy, but I guess that is Miura's intention to show how naively blindsided people can be due to their religious beliefs. I hope Sonia dies like how Griffith's torturer died, impaled by Guts sword and being alive long enough to feel it. :twisted:
To be fair, the vast majority of the people of Midland (unlike we the viewing audience) have been give no reason to suspect/disbelieve Griffith, and a LOT of reasons to believe in him. Given how skilled Griffith is at manipulating people and public perceptions, I'm not sure Guts will be able to do anything to change that.

Or will care enough to try, for that matter. :lol:
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

My question is, why does Griffith go through all the trouble of making the Midlanders feel safe and sound?

Why does he not just dominate the entire human population right away? Because it would be lame? But that's lame in itself.

My first guess would be, that he has a master plan. Maybe it will make him more powerful the more the people who he sacrifices suffer? And people who are truly happy will suffer the most. To bring chaos uppon perfect harmony might have the greatest effect on his evil soul..? Or maybe he really wants perfect harmony, but Guts won't accept that excuse and end up being the one to destroy it?

Anyway... I just hope Miura's intention for the final showdown will result in Griffith' death. I am positive it will. Will Guts survive the fight though?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

yeah he is a big flaming pile of fail that is his true nature :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: