Berserk 340 - Struggle in the Dark

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Berserk 340 - Struggle in the Dark

Post by DrPepperPro »

somefatman
notanewb

Re: Berserk 340 - Struggle in the Dark

Post by somefatman »

Oh My God, is it already that time of the month? (Who knew I would ever get to say that about Berserk?)
Another solid chapter but I really hope we get back to Guts before Miura dies from the exertion of the current pace.

Thanks EG, you guys are the best!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thank you EG!!
caiooa
imanewbie

Post by caiooa »

Thanks a lot for the chapter.

Beeing re-reading the last chaps of this Ricket mini-arc, and as a whole they give some things to think about.

-in chap 339, Ricket reminded us that it's not that Griffith changed now....he always was a scheming perfectionist doing shady things, he just didn't let people see it.

-It was the first thing that he stated in his first appearance, but those last chaps keeps reminding us too that Rakishas ultimately want to kill Griffith. Maybe this might be a scenario created by Griffith to let Ricket and Silat do the dirt work (kill Rakishas), and at the same time give him a excuse to incriminate Ricket?

-it keeps reminding us again and again too that there's something non-human in the stables, and that it's tamed by Daiba. And Daiba did reconize Silat as part of Bakiraka, and Ricket as a friend of Guts. This might be a final card to help Ricket party run away (if it's the Garuda) or a final threat for them (if Daiba pledged alliance to the hawk).

edit: seeing that Rakshas just attacked the stable to pick up a horse, and now he attacked Erika, i guess Daiba will actually help them. But i'm curious in why Erika get out of the house....did she saw something? Maybe the cat that was in her hands before?
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Wow, another chapter on time and still more to come. I can get used to this 8)
Aazholh
imanewbie

Post by Aazholh »

Rakshas keeps going on about killing Griffith with his own hands. This leads me to believe that Rakshas stowed away on Zodd in order to learn more about Griffith. If he dies, he might shed light on Griffith/Femto's motives to Rickert. Or this means that he's going to get away. Anyways, he wasn't tucked under Zodd's wing for nothing; the reason will be explained soon enough.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Holy crap, it's almost too hard to be believe, but this chapter does indeed promise another for next month. That'll make 4 in a row! We haven't seen that happen in years! LOL, anyway, great chapter. It's nice to see some action again. Why the fuck did Erica run out there tho, besides some tired cliche BS. Come on Miura, there better be a good reason for that shit, b/c we expect better from you, lol.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:Holy crap, it's almost too hard to be believe, but this chapter does indeed promise another for next month. That'll make 4 in a row! We haven't seen that happen in years! LOL, anyway, great chapter. It's nice to see some action again. Why the fuck did Erica run out there tho, besides some tired cliche BS. Come on Miura, there better be a good reason for that shit, b/c we expect better from you, lol.
I'm HOPING she has a plan/noticed something. I'll be really disapointed if it turns out she was just acting like an idiot...
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Great work as usual, EG!
I, for one, am completely ecstatic to see the return of good ol' Putting Out Flames with Bodily Fluids (tm). Haven't seen that since the Lost Children arc.
Also, was I the only one who chuckled a bit at the title of this chapter? It sounds like the name of an establishment that Tobias Funke would frequent.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Thanks EG.

I'm beginning to think that the regular releases will only happen for this particular arc. Once we're done with Rickert, we'll probably have another hiatus.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks EG great work as always :twisted:

Glad to see Miura is keeping his promise :twisted:

Also cant wait to see what that guys abyssal form will be... hopefully NOT something gay like a unicorn :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: