The 'serk is back baby

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

The 'serk is back baby

Post by LordMune »

July 24th ya big palookas. That issue of Young Animal comes with a 100-page mini-volume collecting the last 4 chapters.

Berserk will resume serialization bi-issuely (that's not a word), effectively making it monthly.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
thepeaguy
notanewb

Re: The 'serk is back baby

Post by thepeaguy »

That's brilliant news, although I expect most of the readers to complain about the manga whilst they pay nothing towards it.
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Finally.

But monthly sounds just too good to be true. Let's see that guy keeping this pace up for more than 2 releases.
Aazholh
imanewbie

Post by Aazholh »

I've always believed that this was possible - to at least space the chapters/episodes out on a monthly basis. I mean if he's going to come out with four in a year then have one published every three months, not all back to back. I don't think he can keep up with a monthly schedule for very long though.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Then it's settled, bitching and moaning will resume on the 25th.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aazholh
imanewbie

Post by Aazholh »

True fans would never criticize his work. The next episode will have 20 blank pages and he'll be praised for it.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I will believe it when I see it :evil:

but if this is true it is going to be awesome :twisted:

I wonder how that conversation went... Young animal editor "So when are you going to give us some new material??" Muira "Whenever the fuck I fell like it!!" Young Animal editor be like ---> :worship:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Heh, guess I was wrong that Winds of Winter would come out first =D
cant wait.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

4 chapters huh? I can dig it.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The four chapters are a compilation of 334-337, so not really of any interest to us.
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

LordMune wrote:The four chapters are a compilation of 334-337, so not really of any interest to us.
what? like a recap or something like that? and recapping takes 4 chapters?
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

No, its not a recap - they are literally reprinting the last 4 chapters so people can catch up/remember where the story left off.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Right. If I'm reading Young Animal's next-issue blurb right, we'll be getting 5 chapters this coming issue; 4 old ones reprinted in a separate booklet, and 1 new one in the magazine proper.
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

I'm very happy to hear this as a long time reader. The many years of inconsistent releases have been tough on my fandom. But the story has remained good, and the art somehow keeps getting better (i.e. it's fucking amazing) so I'm down for getting hype again for this series.

...make that cautiously hype for the first year.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Damn I was super hyped about a bunch of new chapters at once, but I'm still pleased to hear the news.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

luciferian wrote:Heh, guess I was wrong that Winds of Winter would come out first =D
cant wait.
GRRM and Muira must exchange emails.

It would be nice to get monthly content. Though I would be happy with something quarterly. Of course something/anything consistent
"Context is for Kings"
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Grahf wrote:
luciferian wrote:Heh, guess I was wrong that Winds of Winter would come out first =D
cant wait.
GRRM and Muira must exchange emails.
I wouldnt doubt it.

I know its coming in 6 days/ plus scanning/cleaning/translating/typing time...and since we know its coming... it actually makes the waiting feel even longer =( Like a child waiting for their favorite tv show
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Woah really?! MONTLY?! Maybe it's time to restart the fire by reading everything again. It's been such a long time.
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Good idea.listening to Hiraswa's OST to original series made me think the same.
Glad to know zerk is gonna be monthly again.Still,can't stop thinking of how will it end...
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Well shit, a new Idol Master got announced not so long ago! :lol:
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

/anticipation is killing me
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Why was something supposed to happen? ..... ........ :colbert: :stupid:
"Context is for Kings"
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

MONTHLY sounds really amazing for the spits we get every year, but i HIGHLY doubted it'll keep this monthly thing. I guess they'll keep it monthly til the end of the year maybe before that. then Miura will go back to his slumber.

the thing is - and everyone will hate my opinion - Miura has no idea where to go with Berserk or how to end it. that's why it's been slow. Not because the art needs time to put to paper, no he did amazing art before and now he has Studio Gaga to help, he is just gathering materials/ideas to manifest his ideas in Berserk. back in the days it was fresh, he had energy, material, story, plot... etc. NOW he's just making things as he go. :?
twitter.com/greak
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I sure hope that is not the case but if it is I hope he makes it good and not one of those "could see it a mile away endings" or cop-out endings like God of actual angels save the day and banish Griffith and his kind to the abyss. :evil:

Although I don't think that this is the case I read that he is not liking how they are regulating Manga and how it is distribution. I remember seeing something like that somewhere after Jump and Serialized manga magazines were moving dates around for release... which is the reason I have to wait till Thursday to read One Piece and Naruto.

So I think the long wait was a form of strike or waiting till he was so far ahead of the story that he could continue Berserk in a monthly fashion.

and if he is making it up on the fly he has done a pretty good job of it so far. :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: