Berserk Manga to Return with 3 New Chapters

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

brunoafh
This is my new home

Berserk Manga to Return with 3 New Chapters

Post by brunoafh »

For anyone that hasn't seen...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... w-chapters
This year's 11th issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine revealed on Friday that Kentarou Miura's Berserk manga will be returning for a three-chapter run, starting in the next issue on June 8. The three chapters will depict an episode from Guts's childhood.

Although the manga is currently irregularly serialized, Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen II: Doldrey Kōryaku (Berserk Golden Age Arc II: The Battle for Doldrey), the second film in a planned Golden Age trilogy, will open in theaters in Japan on June 23. The next Young Animal issue will also come with a "Berserk Premium DVD" promoting the film series.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: Berserk Manga to Return with 3 New Chapters

Post by dialdfordesi »

My dick is so hard right now
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Interesting, I'll be reading them in one go in about 6-7 weeks then if its a substory...
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Better be more than just three damn chapters. Ive been waiting since 2005 for elfhelm. =(
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

Praise the almighty the turtle finally roused!
Shino
imanewbie

Post by Shino »

Came out yesterday in Japan. :D :D Color me excited. More Gambino + some insight on to why Guts doesn't like elves (tho I thought it just made sense ~ they're too weak and girly for Guts lolol :)
Lying never hurt anybody.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I'm seriously going to have to stay away from this series for like 3 years at a time just so I can get volumes to read. Well, at least it's nice that Miura's filling in a little of the gap of Guts' life before he joined up with the Band of the Hawk.
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

luciferian wrote:Better be more than just three damn chapters. Ive been waiting since 2005 for elfhelm. =(

2005... f*ck this manga takes a whole life to be made. Or two.
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

eldur wrote:
luciferian wrote:Better be more than just three damn chapters. Ive been waiting since 2005 for elfhelm. =(

2005... f*ck this manga takes a whole life to be made. Or two.
two? no. just one. If miura dies, then the manga will be finished quickly by his assistants more than likely, and chapters released monthly.
Kogacola
imanewbie

Post by Kogacola »

No If he dies I refuse to read anything unless his assistants had the rest of the story written by Miura, and they just drew it. Sorry its Miura's story I like not some other guys.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Do we know for sure if Miura has any assistants? I sort of wondered if part of the reason it takes so long isn't because Miura insists on doing it all himself.
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

We do know he has assistants that help with the artwork. Check the manga, you'll see that it credits a studio gaga - those are the assistants.
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

this lazzy bastard :?

why not just going monthly.......... :(

this is so annoying even though i find this mini arc pretty awesome.

but anyhow. thank you very much Evil_Genius for this :P
awesome quality as always.
Gloric
imanewbie

Post by Gloric »

To me it seems that they might be planning to do an entire "flashback arc" within the movies at some point. Maybe at the point in the manga we're at now, as he sleeps before elfheim. At that point they might just cover the bit they chopped out of the first movie (considering it's much darker themes later, and it would've felt a little out of place for the common viewer in the current movies), add it with this and make a narrative out of it. Guts' compassion towards the elves and such he has met in his journey.
It would make the perfect conjoining element for him to move into the Elfheim arc. That said they don't need the the flashback they cut in the first movie for that and that is likely what Miura is using this 3 chapter flashback for, but I would find it odd if they never explained Guts traumatic childhood while showing him being a self inspired merc.