Berserk 325 - Merrow (2)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Berserk 325 - Merrow (2)

Post by DrPepperPro »

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Re: Berserk 325 - Merrow (2)

Post by Deathbringer »

Oh sweet! Nice little chapter after a short break. Thanks for another sweet translation!
'till next time!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yay!! Thank you for this, EG. I'm downloading now.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

hello berserk
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Satinn
imanewbie

Post by Satinn »

Sweet! cant wait for the next chapter. I wonder if Guts will suffer any permanent damage after what happened to him in this chapter.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Satinn wrote:Sweet! cant wait for the next chapter. I wonder if Guts will suffer any permanent damage after what happened to him in this chapter.
No. These events aren't important enough for him to bear permanent damage over. Now, damage that seems permanent to the group, and won't be healed till they reach Elfheim...that I could see happening.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Actually, the damage does look permanent or at least significant and long lasting. We're talking about eyes and ears damage here. If anything, the damage he'll get might help into his eventual transformation into whatever Skullknight is. That or a growing dependence on the Beast of Darkness to actually do any fighting.

If there's anything that this arc needs, is more lasting, significant developments in order to give it more importance.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah the damage to his good eye and ears concerns me.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Meh. They're going to an entire island full of witches and fairies. I'm sure any damage Guts takes will be within the realm of what they can handle.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Direct download is now available:
http://berserkvault.dyndns.org/

Sorry for the delay, school started this week and I was a little busy. The good news is that I'm back to using the school servers, so download speed should be better and I can count on those servers staying on all day an night.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

Thanks for the chapter. It came as a total surprise to me, so that "till next time" didnt affect me as much as it would have otherwise.

Nice chapter. Let's hope the mermaids weaken him enough for Guts to put in the final blow (although i have troubles seeing how he would get out of there alive in his current condition - were he a side character it could have been an epic death)

This also probably means that we are going to see the elf island and its king sooner than recently expected
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

TheParagon wrote:This also probably means that we are going to see the elf island and its king sooner than recently expected
How about a couple of volumes (read: years (for us cool kids)) of The Blind Swordsman. He can't be sure that he's a black swordsman anymore either, which then makes him The Somewhat Confuddled, Blind and Possibly Black Swordsman. chibi mode confuddled guts ACTIVATE ok lol
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

if Zatoichi could do it - so could Guts :)
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

So... still on Namek fighting sea monsters, are we? Okay then.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Taem
imanewbie

Post by Taem »

I'm not sure I understand how his good eye and ears became damaged. Could someone explain that to me?
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

The heartbeat of the Sea God emits very powerful sound vibrations. You know when someone has obnoxiously loud bass speakers in their car and it can feel like your stomach is vibrating, well it's like that but more powerful. This is also helped by the fact that the "air" in the area is very dense, Guts says it's like wading through water (you can notice the blood doesn't spurt out as nicely as it normally would, but kinda clouds out, like stirring something in liquid).
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I believe he's going to be too messed up when they get to elfhiem to fight anymore and once there he'll get healed good as new.
RaWr!
imanewbie

Post by RaWr! »

fujinsan wrote:I believe he's going to be too messed up when they get to elfhiem to fight anymore and once there he'll get healed good as new.
Miura had better do that or something. He's gotta cut Guts a break sometime. Poor guy gets so much shit heh
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Just because he's lost his senses momentarily does not mean that they're gone completely. They might be acute injuries that he may recover from, but the recovery may be incomplete.

To me this chapter shows that Guts isn't fighting by himself anymore. The merging of fantasy and reality in Midland's world may allow Guts to lead his own "Band of the Wolf."
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
NeiDai
imanewbie

Post by NeiDai »

This bullshit voyage disturbingly starts to look like the current Naruto fillers -_-
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

^ That's a pretty sweet idea. It'd be hard for Guts to get much of a following though after the events that just went down with Griffith.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

In truly berserk fashion, it would be great if this whole group just got killed in eclipse like fashion (except maybe casca). Now that will do a number on guts
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

raziel wrote:In truly berserk fashion, it would be great if this whole group just got killed in eclipse like fashion (except maybe casca). Now that will do a number on guts
Tempting in some ways, but I'm afraid it would feel a bit too much as if Miura was repeating himself. A second Eclipse could never have the impact the original had, and trying might result in a "cheapening" of the original.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Every time Guts makes friends you want them murdered, give the guy a break.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

That's exactly why Berserk is so appealing, it's unrelenting and ruthless at times. The more pain there is, the better the story tends to be or at least Berserk is like this imo.