Berserk 324 - Merrow

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Berserk 324 - Merrow

Post by DrPepperPro »

Satinn
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 324 - Merrow

Post by Satinn »

Awesome chapter, it looks like they will finally wrap things up next time but im a little bit sad that they didnt say anything about when the next one is coming out :( hopefully its not several months from now.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Good chapter. Let's see where the conclusion takes us.
"Context is for Kings"
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'm back to using my computer as the server, so speed is not great, but at least the file names are back to what they should be. Also, I'm using ZIP now, if there are any complaints I'll change it back.

Direct download is now available:
http://berserkvault.dyndns.org/
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
vic23211
imanewbie

Post by vic23211 »

I dread the words "till next time" :(
Tigaar
imanewbie

Post by Tigaar »

just my luck, I finally caught up to the current chapters and then possibly several months break after this one :(
well i follow other series with long breaks like Claymore and D Gray man so at least im used to waiting haha.

pretty good chapter though, I especially loved the part where Isma was flopping around trying to figure out where her fish tail came from lol. Casca and that little weird boy (does he have a name??) are cute as always nibbling at Isma's tail.

What im wondering is, since Isma knows her true name now does that mean that she is permanently a merrow? I hope she can somehow switch back to human form else it will be kinda weird having her around like that. Unless (*gasp*) she wont be sticking around with the gang after this arc ends =( I really like her so I hope she stays but when I think about it, it seems like the natural thing to do would be for her to go with the other mermaids after they finish up with the sea God. Might even meet up with her mother.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Best chapter of the last batch, IMO. If only for that piece of exposition about true names of Astral Creatures.

Speaking of which, did Ivarela include herself in that little rule about "true forms" and "mind control"? Wouldn't that imply that the fairy elves of Berserk have a "true" name and a "true" form?

I'm going to assume that Puck's rather creative name doesn't make sense, making it untranslatable.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yay! Thank you for this, EG! :D
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Berserk - 1998

Berserk - 2011

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Haha, i just noticed the fish exclamation points.
Bijan
imanewbie

Post by Bijan »

No offense but this story arc really needs to end and move on. I understand that there may be a new member of the gang but it's REALLY felt like filler over the past few months. Things need to get more serious and focused if you ask me~
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Bijan wrote:No offense but this story arc really needs to end and move on. I understand that there may be a new member of the gang but it's REALLY felt like filler over the past few months. Things need to get more serious and focused if you ask me~
Be happy then. Based on the last chapter this arc looks like it's almost over. Shouldn't be more than another few chapters. Of course, who knows how long those chapters will take in the real world...
KingFate
imanewbie

Post by KingFate »

brunoafh wrote:Berserk - 1998

Berserk - 2011

I really hope it goes back to what it once was, with each chapter(and with the long waits) I am really starting to lose interest in the comic. :(
This message is brought to you buy the Infrequent Posters Union.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks EG great chapter... got to love Casca and child trying to chew on mermaid tail :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

I miss the carnage, the slaughter, and the pure genius of older berserk. Now, its gone... more... mainstream. Cannot really blame miura though, since, he has been doing this since late 80's (prototype), till now. He has to generate more audience. Pirate monster kraken, meh. Arc is alright, not as grand or spectacular as the mist elves or introduction of Farnsy. I seriously hope this arc is over, specially since they just got a new companion, a mermaid for christs sake. If they were mermaids according to the real legends then i wouldnt mind, you know, draggin sailors to the bottom of the ocean, doing the do, and drowning them.

But, of course, I dont really mind the chapter at all. Berserk is still one of the best stories I have read, and currently reading in the manga world, even if its a slight drop from older, violent, and perverse Berserk of 90's.

Great job guys on ur scans EG, always wait for them, since they are by far the highest quality and best translated. Now gotta wait 3 months for the next chapter.

-.- every damn time we come close to the end of an arc (or after 3-5 chapters), we get this.
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

Bijan wrote:No offense but this story arc really needs to end and move on. I understand that there may be a new member of the gang but it's REALLY felt like filler over the past few months. Things need to get more serious and focused if you ask me~
There were comical moments in Berserk during the nineties period, in case any one has forgotten. Gets boring if it's just all "seriouz bishnez" 100% of the time. :?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

thepeaguy wrote:Gets boring if it's just all "seriouz bishnez" 100% of the time. :?
I understand what you mean, but I'm not sure "boring" is the right word here. I mean, serious business can be just as entertaining. Yeah, there's been comic relief since Puck first showed up, just seems like there's more of it here lately.
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

thepeaguy wrote:
There were comical moments in Berserk during the nineties period, in case any one has forgotten. Gets boring if it's just all "seriouz bishnez" 100% of the time. :?
The tone back then was completely different than the tone right now. Then it was a dark journey down the path of destruction with death and destruction at every turn. The little comical moments worked then because they served as a nice little contrast to all the doom and gloom around them.

Now it's essentially a lighthearted adventure and there are actually more "comical" events than there were before. It just feels more shallow than the original arcs.

As an aside, I'm only able to judge based on what we've seen so far. It is very possible that once we see the finished story in its entirety that this arc will fit in perfectly. It just sucks to be stuck in the middle of it for years.
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

Despite the appearance of this arc as "filler" I think in the long run, Miura is using this arc to introduce the mermaids and Isma within Gutt's sphere of influence. They may be a key ally in the future.