Berserk 323 - Call of the Deep

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Berserk 323 - Call of the Deep

Post by DrPepperPro »

bhaal
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 323 - Call of the Deep

Post by bhaal »

About the comment of Miura-sensei in last page
Don´t tell me he is going all tsundere now :shock:

btw, I think next chapter is the last one we will see this year, between the production for the movie and the feared and dreadful opening of the idolmaster anime Miura-sensei will not have any time to drawn berserk anymore.
Don't fear the darkness until you see what light can do.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Oh wow, got a pretty good laugh at Miura's comment in the last page. Was that a literal translation or did you joked around a little with it?

As expected, Isma went full mermaid. Hopefully she'll play a bigger role now, maybe even help taking the Sea God down. With the pirates finally out of the picture, this arc is getting easier to enjoy now.

Thanks for the release.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Shiiiiiiiiit, sorry, I've been busy. Give me a few minutes to put the chapter up.

Edit:

Direct download is now available:
http://berserkvault.dyndns.org/ (Don't listen to the name of the file you download, the links are correct)
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Deathbringer wrote:Oh wow, got a pretty good laugh at Miura's comment in the last page. Was that a literal translation or did you joked around a little with it?
Obviously we had to change the wording a bit for it to make sense in English, but the tone of the message is represented with great accuracy. Miura owns.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

That Sea God actually looks pretty badass.

I think we might get at least 2 more chapters out of Miura before his next break so they can publish another tankōbon.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yay! Thank you EG!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Well, it seems telekinesis is an ability every god worth his salt has in berserk.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

I demand character blood.
Isma is not much of a character, but I'm sure she'll do.
C'mon, Miura, you know you want it.

Oh, and thanks, EG!

P.S. Hey, it seems the rumors about Miura spending all his time playing idolmaster were true! May be he was doing research...
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

was away 2 weeks for vacation and when i come back... 2 chapters... thats a miracle if there ever was any

page 6-7 is new desktop pic

i'm really looking forward to the next chapter
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Rolos wrote:P.S. Hey, it seems the rumors about Miura spending all his time playing idolmaster were true! May be he was doing research...
I don't know, I think people took what he said about liking the game and went overboard with it. Everyone needs a break from time to time. If the guy wants to play dating sim games, that's fine. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not wasting vital Berserk time playing video games. At least I hope not. :?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I just want a decent view of the Sea God besides his mouth and his "beard", Miura has been holding out a lot on that regard. And i hope to see a healthy mermaid army there.
Starnum wrote:
Rolos wrote:P.S. Hey, it seems the rumors about Miura spending all his time playing idolmaster were true! May be he was doing research...
I don't know, I think people took what he said about liking the game and went overboard with it. Everyone needs a break from time to time. If the guy wants to play dating sim games, that's fine. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not wasting vital Berserk time playing video games. At least I hope not. :?
Miura being a fan of Idolmaster is not news to most people that follow his stuff. Now Miura stopping working on Berserk just to play Idolmaster 24/7 like Sankaku Complex was saying is bullshit. I lost count that sensationalist webpage "reported" that Miura was dropping Berserk or some other baseless crap.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

awesome chapter thanks EG... I called it, I knew she was a [spoiler]mermaid[/spoiler] :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It was pretty obvious, lol.
Tigaar
imanewbie

Post by Tigaar »

Technically a half-mermaid right? Her dad was human, or maybe there are no male mermaids(mermen?) and interspecies sexy time is how all mermaids come about haha. She even flat out told Schierke and Isidro that she was a mermaid, even though she played it off as a joke. That was foreshadowing enough. Was still awesome seeing her in all her fishy glory though. Im sure Isidro enjoyed it the most.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

oh yeah forgot about that part :D ... so if guts kills the sea god I wonder if that means he can kill gods... that is to say that he is on the same field as gods, or the god hand for that matter, so now he can kill them??
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't know if the "sea god" is literally a god though. It's really just another giant monster. Granted, it's a much bigger deal than your average apostle, which is pretty bad already, if you think about it. I think "Ganishka, The Destroyer" would trump the sea god, and even he was just an uber powered-up apostle. Yet, he easily fell before Griffith. So I don't think defeating the sea god will put Guts on par with the God Hand just yet, but it's probably a big step closer.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

And of course, before he can even have a hope to defeat Griffith, he has to develp a way to get close to him. We once saw Femto shatter a cannonball by glaring at it, after all. As things stand I can't even see Guts surviving long enough to even get in sword range of Griffith.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Maybe the manifestation of the fantasy world will ultimately bring about Femto's downfall? It brings forth the widely held beliefs and mythologies of man, after all, and there are many inflated stories about Guts' feats with the Band of the Hawk.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

dialdfordesi wrote:Maybe the manifestation of the fantasy world will ultimately bring about Femto's downfall? It brings forth the widely held beliefs and mythologies of man, after all, and there are many inflated stories about Guts' feats with the Band of the Hawk.
...and waaaay more stories that are being spread about the "savior" chosen by God, Griffith.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

I think there is a break ahead of us. There is no date at the end of 324, and just some japanese writing i dont understand.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

citanuzuki666 wrote:I think there is a break ahead of us. There is no date at the end of 324, and just some japanese writing i dont understand.
It says, "Untill next time!" :?
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

Starnum wrote:
citanuzuki666 wrote:I think there is a break ahead of us. There is no date at the end of 324, and just some japanese writing i dont understand.
It says, "Untill next time!" :?
Damn, I thought it said that. I'm not surprised at another break, although i was hoping for more consistency this time. It just felt right for berserk to start hauling the chapters out again. oh well, whatever master miura wants.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

With Miura probably working in the movie projects I expect releases to pretty much stay the same. Only that now the reason behind the hiatuses is more clear.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel