Berserk 321 - Sea God (3)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Re: Berserk 321 - Sea God (3)

Post by Deathbringer »

Istvan wrote:I hadn't thought of it that way. But I can see your point, the enemies in this arc aren't really all that impressive; you never truly get the fealing that Guts might be in trouble/having difficulty.
I actually like the pirates, they might not be the most intense antagonists ever but i like the fishmen angle (I love that the captain still uses his walking stick despite having no legs) and their wrecked ship. Plus they've filled the naval aspect that the story was missing and they've been pretty awesome in that regard. I just feel that this arc could be so much more, especially in the horror department, i hate to be one "those" guys right now but it's the party that's holding this arc back, Isma is adorable and cute but her personality is lacking and so is her role (Pretty soon she just started gasping at the shit happening and never stopped) and the current fight between the Pirates and Roderick's crew is good but suffers from repetition.

Hopefully the arc ends on a high note with the Sea God's heart and the inevitable arrival of the mermaids. Still, there's always the pirate talk, which i fucking love.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Deathbringer wrote:I just feel that this arc could be so much more, especially in the horror department, i hate to be one "those" guys right now but it's the party that's holding this arc back
Wait, there are people that think otherwise?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

brunoafh wrote:
Deathbringer wrote:I just feel that this arc could be so much more, especially in the horror department, i hate to be one "those" guys right now but it's the party that's holding this arc back
Wait, there are people that think otherwise?
I'm sure that there are...somewhere. I just don't know where.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

New Chapter on July the 8th.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

citanuzuki666 wrote:New Chapter on July the 8th.
Good to know. Thanks, citanuzuki666.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

Istvan wrote:
No problem. I braved the last page of a raw to see the release date. I HAVE to know when the next chapter comes out. I'm a bit obsessed.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

citanuzuki666 wrote:
Istvan wrote:
No problem. I braved the last page of a raw to see the release date. I HAVE to know when the next chapter comes out. I'm a bit obsessed.
As long as you are the rest of us don't have to check, so thanks for that ^^