Berserk 318 - Bestial Warrior

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Re: Berserk 318 - Bestial Warrior

Post by Sandman »

The Herald wrote: Also there was no follow through on when Farnese summoned the four points. The other time it was so badass. What's up with that?
It is probably that we had seen the spell before the fact that she can do it was amazing :twisted: that moon pic holy shit you cant get more badass then that... Now I have not check to see if the spell was the same spoken words but it looked pretty correct to me... and unless you read it wrong there is no way to get confused...
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
JEEgutierrez
imanewbie

Post by JEEgutierrez »

Rolos wrote:This was a nice chapter. Not good, but nice.
As a standalone I'd call it crap, but as a part of the whole...nice.
Points worth remembering:
-It's official: Farneze sees Gutts as her personal messiah. THIS is not the way someone sees a lover, a friend, or a father-like figure. That's the way someone sees her own personal savior. And I mean that in a religious sense. If the circumstances were different, I wouldn't hesitate to call Gutts a charismatic cult leader basing myself only on the way Farneze looks at him, and how she cries at his slightest hint of approval.
Whether this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen (zealots have historically had a very useful tendency to die for their leaders. The problem is that they're, well, overzealous, and tend to make bad decisions due to their over-willingness to die for the "leader-cause-faith-ideology" they advocate).
This is very interesting if you think in the Christian mythology.
In one side we have the Antichrist (Griffith) with the world at his feet.
In the other there is Gutts, the lamb of sacrifice, who has the mark of the devil, and is dress as a beast.
So if you think about it, Farneze is the true believer, the only one who really knows the true savior of the world.
Rancid
imanewbie

Post by Rancid »

ahh fuck it, i can't lie to myself anymore, BERSERK SUCKS BIG TIME !!!
this crap is far from the master piece that i fell in love with, and i can see it from here it's gonna get much much worse before it gets ANY better
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Rancid wrote:ahh fuck it, i can't lie to myself anymore, BERSERK SUCKS BIG TIME !!!
this crap is far from the master piece that i fell in love with, and i can see it from here it's gonna get much much worse before it gets ANY better
So...stop reading it? I mean, if you really think that, than why are you here, bothering people who still like Berserk? Just stop wasting your time and find something else to read. Otherwise, stop whining.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Rancid wrote:ahh fuck it, i can't lie to myself anymore, BERSERK SUCKS BIG TIME !!!
Sounds like someone got raped by Donovan.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Rancid
imanewbie

Post by Rancid »

I ain't trolling, in my opinion the story became really stupid the last few... well volumes, the thing is the chapters were so rare that when they came out i was thrilled that i had any kind of new berserk to read, without any thought that what came to me was bad in any way, and it was !!!
Istvan wrote:
Rancid wrote: So...stop reading it? I mean, if you really think that, than why are you here, bothering people who still like Berserk? Just stop wasting your time and find something else to read. Otherwise, stop whining.
topic where everyone says ''it's so fucking awsome'' ''BERSERK FTW'' ''HOLY SHIT, MIURA IS GOD'' - kinda boring ain't, i came to this conclusion, and i gave one post to tribute it (technically 2), though i do believe i am saying something that a lot of people think, not wanting to admit it
lon3vvolf wrote: Sounds like someone got raped by Donovan.
no, guts got raped by Donovan, and i'm pretty sure you were masturbating to that scene
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Could you possibly be any vaguer? 'Cause if you were to actually make any specific criticisms of the more recent volumes or point out what about them is turning you off, I might have to actually listen to what you're saying and respond to you in some sort of conversational-type give-and-take. It's much less work for me to just dismiss you as a troll, so if you could just continue rolling in here with vague statements about things most of us enjoy being stupid or sucking big time, preferably in all caps, I'd consider it a personal favor.

Troll.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Rancid wrote:no, guts got raped by Donovan, and i'm pretty sure you were masturbating to that scene
How do you know that?!
I was just scratching it, I swear!
No, I mean, do you have cameras or anything to support those claims?
Wait.
Oh, you were accusing someone else.
*cough*
Yeah!

[spoiler]DISCLAIMER: I do not support child rape in any form. Children are too small, the very idea of having sexual intercourse with them is idiotic. Also, illegal, immoral and impractical. Child rapists are not only sick, but also lacking in pragmatism. They are a stain on the otherwise noble art of sexual depravity.[/spoiler]

P.S. Are there any awards for political correctness?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Rancid
imanewbie

Post by Rancid »

@ hbi2k
oh no, God forbid someone calling me a troll :roll:

i just wanted to say what i think about the newer berserk out loud, i don't wanna get into a discussion about it (that is a waste of time), so beyond this post i won't be explaining anything

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION (WITCH I DON'T FORCE ON ANYONE), the ''newer berserk'' ( to me this is from ... i guess 24th volume) is stupid because it' far from the original thing and it suffers some poor story telling.

First, there's too much magic, it is an epic fantasy, magic is a must have, but it was always a medieval slashing action like Conan The Barbarian more than Harry Potter magic wand bullshit, with the introduction of the little witch all that has changed (she does have a place in the story 'cuz she was a connection with armor, but the way she kinda took over the fighting is what bothers me), too much spiritual reaching out, thorn trowing shit.

Second, a whole bunch of characters who are there.... i don't know why, brother of Farnese, the prince or who ever he is that gave them the ship (i didn't even tried to remember them), basically the whole new fellowship concept is questionable, what gave Guts the edge in the first place is standing alone against any hardship and surviving with a huge sword, iron will and an urge to revenge.

Third, fucking Miura and his ''5 chapters per year'', the sea god arc, pirates of the caribbean ??? What's with the lame fillers, get to the Elf Helm already. there were none of that bullshit in the beginning, where artist usually strive to make a living, why tuning down now when he has army of fans. I know it's hard to keep up a strong story all the time, but story telling isn't easy to begin with. Ether he simply backed down and let some assistants do the work (it wouldn't be the first time in history of creating an art piece) or he doesn't now how to end his story. He set the bar for Guts too high and doesn't know how to get him out of the pile of shit he pushed him in (with the powers of the new Hawks for example). He might be busy with the new anime, but if he has the time to draw a ship climbing a cliff he can draw something that is really meaningful to the story.

i ain't typing anymore, wasted enough time
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Rancid wrote:@ hbi2k
oh no, God forbid someone calling me a troll :roll:

i just wanted to say what i think about the newer berserk out loud, i don't wanna get into a discussion about it (that is a waste of time), so beyond this post i won't be explaining anything
i ain't typing anymore, wasted enough time
Yep, troll.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

What an amusing individual...

I nominate him for Best Member of this thread.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope