About Berserk direct downloads

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

About Berserk direct downloads

Post by War Machine »

This is all old stuff, check my last post for latest info on the Berserk direct download site.
The direct download of Berserk chapters that I've been providing for some time might come to an end soon. The server I've been using is provided for free by my ISP at no extra charge or anything, so all I did was post the chapters there. Anyway, I might change to another ISP soon (mainly because they provide a whole package of TV/Phone/Internet that's a lot cheaper than what I'm paying now and much better), and I won't have a server to post the chapters in once I make the change. Now, I don't know if the other ISP has any free hosting that I could use, I'd have to check further, but the answer seems to be no.

Nothing is official yet, maybe the other ISP does have some free hosting, but what is very likely is that I'll change ISPs this week, so if there are any Berserk chapters you'd like to download before I take down the site, now is your chance:

*Removed*

I'm always pleased to serve the Berserk community. :thumb:

EDIT: The site will be up until October 29th, 2010. After that we'll see if I can come up with something else, but I can't promise anything.

EDIT 2: This is the new website: http://berserkvault.dyndns.org/
Last edited by War Machine on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk direct downloads might end soon

Post by Starnum »

Thanks for the heads up, dude. We appreciate you offering the DDL's in the past, and understand if you won't be able to do it anymore in the future. No worries. ;)
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

Out of curiosity, how many downloads were you getting per chapter over, say, the last 10 chapters or so? ...unless it perhaps doesn't display that information...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Surprisingly, it doesn't show any information at all. The thing is, I don't think that server I'm using is supposed to be used that way, it's more of a "store your stuff here so you can access it anywhere" kind of site, not a public sharing site. But I noticed I was able to share the access link with anyone, even multiple people at the same time, and I had 5GB of storage, so I masked the link with a DNS service (so you wouldn't have to type the long URL) and went ahead and used it for the chapters. Although, if it's any indication, the free hosting I was using before (where I could only host a single chapter at a time) was getting about 250 hits per chapter, and I only had the newest one available, not the whole library.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks again for all your DDL hope your new ISP doesnt bend you over like mine has :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thanks for providing direct downloads all these years. At least (if they has to end) they lasted till I got out of college so that I'd have access to peer-to-peer (i.e. bittorent) downloads again.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Man, that was a good service you provided.
It was a quick and simple way to download the three chapters it usually takes to convince a friend of Berserk's undeniable awesomeness.

I thank you retroactively for all those times I downloaded it.
May the ghost of future Kentaro Miura watch over you.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Rolos wrote:May the ghost of future Kentaro Miura watch over you.
Are you implying that he's gonna die? Cause that's the furthest thing from reassuring you can say.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

War Machine wrote:
Rolos wrote:May the ghost of future Kentaro Miura watch over you.
Are you implying that he's gonna die? Cause that's the furthest thing from reassuring you can say.
LMAO. Well eventually we all die... :(
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I ordered the new TV/phone/internet bundle that I wanted to get and the earliest they can come to install everything and whatnot is until October 29th (that's 3 weeks from now... :evil: ). I did all this online and called them later to see if that date wasn't a mistake, but no, they really are gonna take that long to do everything. So anyway, this means the direct downloads will stay up until the 29th, so enjoy.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

They just installed the new service today and I already cancelled my old one, which means Berserk Direct Downloads is dead, except that the site is still working. We'll see how this plays out.
Daiceman9
imanewbie

Post by Daiceman9 »

Could anyone else upload berserk to a DDL, even a crappy one? Sadly my ISP doesn't let me torrent.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Alright, I got something temporary going, check the "Berserk 316 - Full Moon" thread.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk direct downloads might end soon (not anymore)

Post by War Machine »

So my school gives me free hosting. Guess what I'm using it for? :)

I already moved everything and it's working, the only difference is that you have to right-click the files and select Save As to download them. I'll try to fix that later, for the time being the site is working and it's not at my house where people turn off the router.

The link is the same one as before: http://berserkvault.dyndns.org/
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk direct downloads might end soon (not anymore)

Post by Starnum »

Nice! Thanks.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: About Berserk direct downloads

Post by War Machine »

So I forgot to renew the host redirect for dyndns (I'm using the free service) and now my account is deleted and the link doesn't work. I set up another redirect with no-ip in the mean time, though I would like to get the other url back so I don't have to change it. Anyway, use this while I fix the problem:

*Removed*

Edit: I got the old link back (http://berserkvault.dyndns.org/).
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

News update. I'm no longer allowed to use the school server for the website (they blocked me), so I can't update the website. All chapters except for the last one still work. I'll use another computer I got here as the server but I was having some trouble setting it up. Anyway, the site will be working with the newest chapters available in the next few days, sorry for not posting this sooner.

Edit: Yeah, not much I can do right now. I think manga sites already fulfill the need for direct downloads, so unless people really want them back, I'm just gonna let the direct downloads die.
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

Daiceman9 wrote:Could anyone else upload berserk to a DDL, even a crappy one? Sadly my ISP doesn't let me torrent.
Wow what shitty ISP are you using? I hope it's not located in the United States.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

And we're back. Same address as always:

http://berserkvault.dyndns.org/