New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

brunoafh
This is my new home

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by brunoafh »

I don't think so. In other news, movie 3 DVD/DB release on 9/16.
The B#
imanewbie

Post by The B# »

Is that an overseas release, or did you mean 19/6?

I don't want to wait until september.
Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

In Japan vol 3 releases next month Release Date 2013/06/19 I don't know about overseas releases, but its possible September will be for us.
Lukis
imanewbie

Post by Lukis »

Second movie's yucky dub releases in August I think in US so I wouldn't put high hopes for third one sooner than next January for US release. Also since third movies DVD/BD in Japan is releasing soon(June 19th) ,subbed version will come evntually and I think there's nothing else you would need except if you want physical copy,just buy JP BD for the sake of it and awesome sleeve by Miura it comes with. Image
Clannad- it punches your heart in the face
"Panties, Panties, Panties" - Chii (Chobits)
"How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money. " - Ichigo (Bleach)
Death is certain, the hour is not.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Oh my God that's awesome.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Meanwhile, the second movie doesn't come out on Blu-ray here in the US until August 6. Sigh... :(
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Lukis
imanewbie

Post by Lukis »

Yeah it doesn't so Iwouldn't get high hope for 3rd movies dub anytime soon. But really ,that dub ..naah,it's not too good. Also in 2nd movie,since I was lucky to see it in a one con a while ago.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Lukis wrote:Second movie's yucky dub releases in August I think in US so I wouldn't put high hopes for third one sooner than next January for US release. Also since third movies DVD/BD in Japan is releasing soon(June 19th) ,subbed version will come evntually and I think there's nothing else you would need except if you want physical copy,just buy JP BD for the sake of it and awesome sleeve by Miura it comes with. Image

I wish he'd just started on real manga work instead of painting pictures for dvd releases...
Lukis
imanewbie

Post by Lukis »

I don't think you should worry about. I'm sure he's not in Hawaii plaing idolmaster or something. He just might be preparing several chapters in advance for more stedier releases like monthly since now we will see Falconia and knowing him those chapers will be spectacular.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/4899 ... ab=summary

not sure if it has English sub.
downloading anyway
twitter.com/greak
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

ok ignore my last post.
here's raw HD berserk 3 http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=444269
here's the subs http://www.filedropper.com/fansubberser ... lacenglish

this is the R15 ver.
apparently it's longer than the R18 lol
R15: 1:52
R18: 1:47
twitter.com/greak
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

I watched it and wasn't really impressed... but it didn't flat out frustrate me like the previous two movies did. Some quick mostly spoiler free thoughts (no specifics mentioned).

Negatives - Misplaced scenes making it feel kind of slopped together, frustrating omission of some scenes, CGI is just awful looking (for the most part, mainly human movements look very janky), music is bland, eclipse doesn't hold the emotional impact it does in the original anime and manga, Guts' new VA gives his worst performance yet, expected pacing issues

Positives - Some fights and characters being animated for the first time are very exciting to see (best part by far for me), some apostles are animated in interesting and detailed ways, Guts dismemberment scenes brings a new meaning to the word pain

So yeah. Didn't really like it, but I enjoyed it far more than the first two. I'll wait until others have seen it to say much else.
greak wrote:apparently it's longer than the R18 lol
The R15 version has a little sequence after the credits for some reason.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

greak wrote:ok ignore my last post.
here's raw HD berserk 3 http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=444269
here's the subs http://www.filedropper.com/fansubberser ... lacenglish

this is the R15 ver.
apparently it's longer than the R18 lol
These subtitles dont work for me, I get them halfway in the screen for some reason, weird...
The B#
imanewbie

Post by The B# »

To be honest, you're probably better off without the subs for now. I don't believe a proper sub has been released yet. Use these subs if you absolutely must have something to try to follow with. Otherwise, enjoy the Raw and wait for a proper sub.
Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

I LOVED THE MOVIE.
i really liked the climactic phase in each movie.
each one is better than its predecessor.
looking forward for more.
all i want know is to continue it as OVA.
each one every year will be excellent
and a ps3/x360 game Berserk Musou 8)
twitter.com/greak
Lukis
imanewbie

Post by Lukis »

*Watched COMMIE's R-18 release ..
I didnt like it that much ..itvwas an eye candy,especially Eclipse.but godsamn why Judo didnt say his last words huh? No Wyald ,fuckin rainbow in guts and cascas sex scene etc ..also roshinu came flying into my face ,easter egg or some sigh that next animated arc will be lost children? Not sure ... Slans bush ('-')° ... If they keep raping story ,things wont go too well.
DarkOblivion
imanewbie

Post by DarkOblivion »

Flicked through most of it. Can't say I was impressed.

[spoiler]-I just can't get used to the animation. When Guts saved Griffith from the prison and went crazy, the animation was particularly bad there for example.
-Guts' voice actor is lacking. I feel there weren't any noteworthy/satisfying guttural roars that you'd expect from Guts. I was hoping for a big one when he finds the monsters raping Casca, but they cut that scene out entirely! I mean WTF!
-Slight changes to what happened in the manga which I felt were unnecessary/didn't add anything
-The music is absolutely God awful[/spoiler]

It's kind of depressing that the old anime was better in pretty much all of those aspects. I guess we have to be glad we have something new though...
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

movie 1: 3/10
movie 2: 7/10
movie 3: 5/10

Pretty damn bad overall, in my opinion.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

revealer wrote:movie 1: 3/10
movie 2: 7/10
movie 3: 5/10
That's interesting that you thought the second movie was the best, any particular reasoning there? I thought it was the weakest one myself. Although, I don't think any of them are very far apart from each other.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Honestly I never expected to see Berserk animated again, so this is icing on the cake for me. Sure they're far from perfect, they still left things out that I wish had been included, but seeing Berserk animated at all is still great. I really liked being able to see the eclipse re-imagined with today's technology. Seeing that little bit after the eclipse being animated for the first time really got me excited to see what comes next. I really can't wait to see Guts as the Black Swordsman. Also the version I DLed had some funky subs with all this extraneous crap added in. So I edited the file and removed all that stuff. I'll post it as well in case any of you also have the same version.

Here you go:
http://205.196.123.25/xc9vdn4y1ipg/m0dm ... nt+R18.srt
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Someone should re-edit them with the original VA's (especially Guts).
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Thanks a lot for the subs, Starnum. I was waiting for quality subs to come up before I watched it and yours were way better than what was out there. I really appreciate it that you posted them.

This movie is definitely the best of the movies so far. For once, I did not feel like there were huge chunks missing in the middle of the story and I believe new comers would not feel lost with the story's progression (unlike the previous 2). Griffiths motives were very well laid out, and even if there was not enough screen time with the rest of the Band of the Hawk, they at least showed pretty well how distraught Guts was when he lost them. And the eclipse was definitely the highlight of the whole movie. That said, I agree that there's still room for improvement.

As I've complained before, direction and editing, although a little better on this one, are still somewhat inconsistent. They do those slow fade to black transitions in the middle of the eclipse and kinda brake the momentum they had with all the horror and panic. And as before, those quick changes from 3D models to drawings are really obvious. I thought the music was good for the most part, it was just the rape scene where the music didn't feel desperate enough. And speaking of that scene, Guts' VA doesn't cut it. I think that even those who prefer Guts' Japanese VA from the original anime over the American one would agree that both of them are better than the one from the movies.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

legato wrote:Someone should re-edit them with the original VA's (especially Guts).
Yeah, Nobutoshi Canna is way better as Guts. I really miss the guy in that role.
War Machine wrote:Thanks a lot for the subs, Starnum. I was waiting for quality subs to come up before I watched it and yours were way better than what was out there. I really appreciate it that you posted them.
Thanks but I can't really take much credit. Aside from a couple of minor tweaks to the dialogue, all I really did was go in and remove some things. For some reason they had included an excerpt from the manga at the very beginning of the film, even though you couldn't see the pages, which seemed pretty stupid IMO. Also every time the speaker changed it would say their name like "Guts: I'm the shit." or whatever. Plus they'd open quotations and then close them several frames later when the person stopped speaking, which wouldn't be so bad but sometimes they'd forget to close the quotations. I'm thinking, we know they're talking, we don't need quotation marks! They would also describe sound effects like CC for hearing impaired, which is fine, but I'm not def so I removed that stuff as well. Worst of all, at the end during the branding scene in the eclipse they had the gall to put a line that said (Void marks everyone for death and the sacrifice begins.) I'm thinking, "No shit dude! If you've been watching the movie this far and you don't know what's going, then you should just stop and go do something else." I mean, do we really need an explanation? It's kind of insulting to the audience and the art. It's distracting. Then when someone would die he'd put their name with a cross next to it. It's all well and fine to do that shit on your own copy, but I don't think you should release it to the public that way. Then at the very end during the credits there was all this stuff about the differences between the books and the movie. So anyway, I just removed all of that. I didn't really QC the dialogue too much. Anyway, glad to help out, thanks for the idea. Oh, so yeah, all you have to do is go into the file and edit it in notepad and you can change the dialogue to whatever you want. It's pretty neat. I considered adding Judeau's final speech on my own copy, but it didn't really fit in with the timing, lol.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

The highlight of the film for me was the Skull Knight vs Zodd part. It felt really awesome to finally see that animated after all these years. Skull Knight looked pretty cool too, I guess only SK can transcend the limits of shitty CGI and look sweet no matter what. The part where he busts into the Eclipse was great too. Just that alone made this the best film for me, but aside from that, I don't think it was much better than the previous ones.
War Machine wrote:I think that even those who prefer Guts' Japanese VA from the original anime over the American one would agree that both of them are better than the one from the movies.
Absolutely. I hate to feel like I'm trashing the guy or something, and I realize this is his first voicing job, but simply put he is terrible as Guts. Doesn't cut it is an understatement. Both Canna and whoever it is that did the English dub destroy this guy. I dislike his portrayal as Guts so much at this point that I fear it will hinder my enjoyment of anything that comes after this if he is to remain Guts' new VA.