New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DarkOblivion
imanewbie

New anime confirmed!!

Post by DarkOblivion »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -launching
The wraparound jacket band on the 35th volume of Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga is announcing this month that a new anime project is launching. More information will be provided in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine and the affiliated Young Animal Web site.
HELL.

YES.
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by tsubaimomo »

My god! This news is amazing! I'm gonna have to learn how to do fansubs...
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!
I now believe in god.
And Elvis.

Is this why Miura was taking such long breaks? This... this transcends the very nature of space and time, this is awesome itself, a self-evident principle of awesomeness, a moral imperative of coolness, an auto-caused source of badassery!
Fuck yeah!
FUCK YEAH!

METAAAAAAAL!

P.S. I have a friend who does that. Do you want me to contact him, or you're gonna learn by yourself?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Sweet Jesus....
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I did not think I'd ejaculate while being in a lecture hall, but hey, this news proves that nothing is impossible.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

What is this new place I've discovered, this forest of tall white branchless trees? I must have entered... THE BONE ZONE.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
pardigon
imanewbie

Post by pardigon »

This is great !
Can't wait for the first images !
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

Assuming it's the same project that was leaked about a year ago, we already have some screenshots.

Also, if anybody on these boards is going to be involved in fansubbing, I'd appreciate it if they could let me know the second that high-quality raws are available. You know why.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

OMG! No way! It can't be! It's too good to be true! This must be some cruel joke. *In traditional Mr. Satan fashion* "It's a trick!" *Runs around hysterically waving his arms in the air.* Waaaaaaaaah! :headbang:
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

best news since... well i dunno, since the news of a new berserk chapter that will arrive in 2 weeks :) we are truely getting spoiled today

i just hope they have a good way to tackle the problem of what to do when they catch up and berserk isnt really near finnishing, hopefully they will do as with the hellsing ova when that happens, publishing very few eps a year instead of just ending it, make up an ending or fillers
DarkOblivion
imanewbie

Post by DarkOblivion »

If the website is gonna be updated with the TV trailer on Tuesday at 9:30am (I'm assuming that's Japan time, so in a few hours basically), that must mean they're pretty far in development. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for it to actually air.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Oh, WOW!...

Ok, now that my brain's started back up, is there any news on how much/what part of the manga the anime is going to be covering? Or how many episodes it's going to be?
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

Istvan wrote:Oh, WOW!...

Ok, now that my brain's started back up, is there any news on how much/what part of the manga the anime is going to be covering? Or how many episodes it's going to be?
Expect one minute for every page of the manga.
hbi2k wrote:Also, if anybody on these boards is going to be involved in fansubbing, I'd appreciate it if they could let me know the second that high-quality raws are available. You know why.
It should be interesting to do abridging on a series as it comes out, eh? even if we know what the storyline will be (probably)...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

We won't really know any more about this anime until further information is released in Young Animal. So we'll just have to wait and see. I still can't bring myself to fully accept this as truth, but man I can't wait to see it with my own eyes. :)
Billabong
imanewbie

Post by Billabong »

I wonder which studio will be animating it. I hope it's not one that'll screw it up.
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

Starnum wrote:We won't really know any more about this anime until further information is released in Young Animal. So we'll just have to wait and see. I still can't bring myself to fully accept this as truth, but man I can't wait to see it with my own eyes. :)
I hear ya, man. Hope for the best and expect the worst. It's what keeps you sane. (-:
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

.........Sweet Jesus.........
Maynard
imanewbie

Post by Maynard »

cool!
Krellius
imanewbie

Post by Krellius »

Here's the anime in motion.

http://en.nicoviewer.info/sm12264010
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I can't believe I started criticizing already, but....wasn't the effect of the clash a little exaggerated?
The ice around them cracked. That didn't happen in the original.

I guess this means it's gonna be, at least in part, a remake of the original.

EDIT: God, I'm such a fucking ungrateful douche.
Last edited by Rolos on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

That's funny. The bit of English in that right-to-left scrolling text described my feelings exactly.

Any of you with badass Japanese skill care to let us know if any of that text was dropping any deets? Man, I NEED some deets.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Rolos wrote:I can't believe I started criticizing already, but....wasn't the effect of the clash a little exaggerated?
The ice around them cracked. That didn't happen in the original.
Exaggerated? It's anime, exaggeration is common place. It'd be different if it was something major that was inappropriate to the story of Berserk, but I think you're nitpicking a bit there, heh. My main concern is that it's showing a scene from the Golden Age. As much as I love the beginning of Berserk, I don't want to see a remake of the original. Hopefully it's just part of a recap or something, because I'd much rather see what comes next. I want to see The Lost Children arc, and the Black Swordsman, and also the Retribution arc. I wanna see Serpico and Farnese and all the new guys, and everything that comes after the eclipse. So if they do start over, I just hope they continue on past The Eclipse. The main thing that I like so far from what I'm seeing is that the animation quality looks pretty good. As much as we all love the original anime, you have to admit, it had plenty of flaws. The shit budget really held the original anime back. At times there were more still-frames than animation, and that always bothered mm, especially during the action scenes when it counts the most. Also, no filler this time damn it! There's no need for filler in an anime that doesn't even cover all of the available material. I never did understand why they included filler in the original. So I'm really hoping they do a lot better about this stuff this time around. Also I'm not digging the musical accompaniment with this video. They gotta bring back the awesomeness that is the music of Hirasawa! So here's hoping for that too. I also hope they hold back a little less with the blood and gore this time. Typically I wouldn't really care, but it too has its place in the world of Berserk. I wanna see some heads getting smashed with eye balls and brains popping out. Heh, but I won't be holding my breath on that one. I have high hopes for this anime, I think it could be even better than the original (which relies mainly on the merit of being based on the manga, more than anything, in my opinion.) If they do it right, this anime could be even more epic than the original. I don't mind if they redo the beginning, as long as they keep going after The Eclipse. More importantly, include all of the stuff that was left out of the original, like Puck (Which if those screens from last year are any indication, we'll be getting Puck this time around.) Of course they've also gotta include Skull Knight, Wyald and the Black Dog Knights, and the Bakiraka. I have high hopes but I'm not really counting on any of this. I'll be more than ecstatic if they somehow sate all of these hopes I have though, heh.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Double animé... across the sky... So intense.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

.....................Sweet Jesus

I'm all for a complete remake that continues into the current manga story. I hope to god they don't just redo the original.
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

Now there are two times in my life where I received news, and didn't know what else to do. The Twin Towers was the first time it happened. At least this time its good news. :D :D :D