Weird chapter order

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DarkOblivion
imanewbie

Weird chapter order

Post by DarkOblivion »

I'm trying to sort through my manga collection and rename everything to be in order using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Berserk_chapters and http://www.skullknight.net/encyclopedia ... index.html, but I noticed that the chapter numbers are really quite odd in some places.

Like in volume 22, it goes 184, 185, 186, then it goes to 177 and 178.

Likewise in volume 29, it goes 248, 249, then jumps to 258, before carrying on as normal.

Any explanation as to why this is?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Re: Weird chapter order

Post by LordMune »

Chapter order is sometimes rearranged by the publisher (often at Miura's request, it would seem) for the volume releases, usually to make the individual books (and the series as a whole) more internally cohesive, pacing- and story-wise as well as thematically.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

interesting...:evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
DarkOblivion
imanewbie

Post by DarkOblivion »

Well, it took a while, but I finally went through my entire manga collection and sorted every file and every chapter to have a consistent filename system throughout the whole collection, the chapters are numbered in accordance to the wikipedia/Skull Knight chapter lists, I added English chapter titles to all the chapters, as well as fix one or two things like a stupid font that was used at the start of volume 12 (the rest of the volume still has pretty awful grammar unfortunately, but I can't go through the entire thing and re-typeset it myself).

Am I allowed to post a link to it? If not then PM me if you're interested. I just wanna spread Berserk without people having to deal with an inconsistent collection that is rife with problems (incorrect chapter order, missing chapters etc.) like the collections that are floating around the internet at the moment.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Why don't you just buy the manga DarkOblivion?
I just d/l the latest chapters (for which I am eternally grateful EG) but I support the publisher by buying every new volume that comes out.
The US/Dark Horse quality is even better than the Japanese volumes =p