Berserk Tattoos

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

marpo
imanewbie

Berserk Tattoos

Post by marpo »

Hey I know there are some berserk fans out there with tattoos, post yours here I wanna see!!!

Heres mine:

It doesn't seem symmetrical in that picture because the skin on my neck is kinda being stretched, but the guy did a really good job and it actually looks perfect when I am standing up straight.

I got it on the day after halloween this year, at a shop called "Precious Slut" in Santa Barbara, CA

I showed the guy this picture of a necklace with the brand symbol and he immediately thought it was some kind of medieval European rune symbol. He started going off on a tangent about rune symbols, talking about them for almost 5 mins. I told him it was actually from berserk and he seemed disappointed that he wasn't right lol.

Necklace:

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Post by lon3vvolf »

Nice tattoo. You should check out some of the other threads. I believe theres some tattoos in the cosplay
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... 50#p102905
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... oo#p105951

Welcome to the forum too. Stick around... its quite entertaining while we wait for releases. :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, yeah. Besides my heaven kanji tattoo, I have one of the Ksi symbol. Ksi is a letter in the Cyrillic language, that's derived from the Greek letter Xi. Anyway, the letter Ksi looks a lot like an ohm. When I showed a picture of the Ksi to the tattoo artist, he started talking about ohm's for a while, and wanted to make sure I knew that what I wanted wasn't an ohm. I was like, "Yeah dude, I know." Heh, if I'm going to get something permanently inked into my flesh, I'm damn well gonna know what it is, and be sure I want it there.

Another interesting little tidbit, the ohm means "the voice of God." Well in my story I'm writing, the main character is named Ksi, and it's suppose to mean "Force of God". I didn't even know about an ohm when I came up with that. Funny coincidence. Anyway, here's what the Ksi symbol looks like.

I got both of my tats this summer. ;)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Welcome to the forums, and nice tattoo! I couldn't/wouldn't go for the neck for mine, because of the still social stigma (at least over here, especially when having a job interview or such, a tattoo especially on the neck would prompt some awkward responses) and because the parlor where I had mine made doesn't tattoo hands and necks at all. Anyway I got my brand tattoo the day before halloween this year, on my right shoulderblade (pictures are from the mirror). The guy asked what it meant and I answered "it's the brand of (personal) sacrifice(s)".

Kinda hard making a good photo of your own back at 8 o clock in the morning after partying :D

Image Image Image

Now that I think about it I could probably post the second picture in the mindwerks mugshots thread under the hilarious title "OMG I got a camera for a face!!" 8)

Anyway that's what it looked like the day it was made (and probably a better photo because I didn't take it myself) still oozing blood because of all the demons around:

Edit @ lonewolf: I always kinda laugh at that guy from the cosplay thread you linked (the one with a few pictures below the guy with the Berserk kanjis on his back). Not because of the stature but because he made a Guts cosplay costume and CLOSED THE WRONG EYE!
marpo
imanewbie

Post by marpo »

Aetherfukz wrote:Welcome to the forums, and nice tattoo! I couldn't/wouldn't go for the neck for mine, because of the still social stigma (at least over here, especially when having a job interview or such, a tattoo especially on the neck would prompt some awkward responses) and because the parlor where I had mine made doesn't tattoo hands and necks at all. Anyway I got my brand tattoo the day before halloween this year, on my right shoulderblade (pictures are from the mirror). The guy asked what it meant and I answered "it's the brand of (personal) sacrifice(s)".

Kinda hard making a good photo of your own back at 8 o clock in the morning after partying :D

Image Image Image

Now that I think about it I could probably post the second picture in the mindwerks mugshots thread under the hilarious title "OMG I got a camera for a face!!" 8)

Anyway that's what it looked like the day it was made (and probably a better photo because I didn't take it myself) still oozing blood because of all the demons around:

Edit @ lonewolf: I always kinda laugh at that guy from the cosplay thread you linked (the one with a few pictures below the guy with the Berserk kanjis on his back). Not because of the stature but because he made a Guts cosplay costume and CLOSED THE WRONG EYE!
Nice tattoo Aether! Thats kinda weird how it happened to both of us around halloween lol.

Before I got mine on the neck, the tattoo guy seemed really concerned because I am kinda young (22) and he didn't think it was a good idea if I was going to have to look for a job. I told him I already have an amazing career started, and I had him put below my collar line for collared shirts so nobody would be able to see it in an interview if I ever have to find a new job.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, oozing blood cuz of all the demons around, right. That reminds me of an inside joke with some of my friends. I was complaining about my eye twitching all crazy like, and one of my friends asked me if I was detecting akuma. :P

Yeah, it's a nerdy joke, shut up.

I considered getting the brand of sacrifice as a tat, but I feel there's too much personal stigma around it. While I do think it's cool, and I had a dog-tag necklace specially made with it on there, actually tattooing it to my body would freak me out a little. Yeah, I guess I'm just crazy like that. :P

That's cool that you guys are representin though. Getting it on your neck even, that is wild. I mean, but that will make some people look at you differently. Personally I could care less what a bitch thinks, but like Aether said, if you want some particular jobs, well most people in those positions are pretty close-minded. *shrugs* It sounds like you got yourself covered there though marpo, so no worries.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

If you're ever worried about a job interview or anything where a tattoo might hurt your character, you could always put a bandage on it and pretend it's a cut or a bruise.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I'd like to see how that goes over after a few months. :P
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Well, it would only work on the initial interview of course. :wink:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh yes, I know. That's why it would be funny to see how that plays out later on. ;)

You could even do a skit based on the idea, I guess.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:I considered getting the brand of sacrifice as a tat, but I feel there's too much personal stigma around it.
Well for me it is personal too, beneath the Berserk meaning of it. On July 22nd this year I was caught driving under the influence, and lost my license officially for a month (although it would take almost 5 before I got it back, stupid tests I had to made and the doctor slash psychiatrist slash asshole took 3 month to write the results) so I was kinda "branded" by the police too. That tattoo now also reminds me of that time, and to not drive anymore when I do "it". :?
marpo
imanewbie

Post by marpo »

Aetherfukz wrote:
Starnum wrote:I considered getting the brand of sacrifice as a tat, but I feel there's too much personal stigma around it.
Well for me it is personal too, beneath the Berserk meaning of it. On July 22nd this year I was caught driving under the influence, and lost my license officially for a month (although it would take almost 5 before I got it back, stupid tests I had to made and the doctor slash psychiatrist slash asshole took 3 month to write the results) so I was kinda "branded" by the police too. That tattoo now also reminds me of that time, and to not drive anymore when I do "it". :?
Weird thing is, ever since I got it, I have had many near death experiences and general bad stuff that didn't seem to ever happen before I got the tattoo (really bad car accidents that weren't my fault, big fights that I wanted no part in, people trying to steal stuff from me etc). It was probably all just coincidence, but sometimes it makes me wonder...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Exactly! I mean, I might still get one someday, but after hearing that...I don't know. The last thing I need is near-death experiences. Also, I'd never forgive myself for intentionally getting branded, if I ended up being hunted by demons and apostles. :P
Hyuri
imanewbie

Post by Hyuri »

Oh come on Star. Being haunted by batallions of demons and monsters every single night isn't thta bad. :D

OK, I'll shut up now. :(

Edit: Oh yeah, nice tats there everyone.
Signature by HylianShroom, you can find him at www.Zeldauniverse.net/forums
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

shit, now im REALLY considering more than normal gettin the brand..sigh. well if i do im gettin it on the neak for sure. im in the arts so...it REALLY doesnt matter if i get a tat, hahaha. but its easy to hide because i have long girly hair i can jusr wear down in case of job emergancy. thats right, i got it aaaaall planned out.

anyway, nice tats guys! keep 'em comin!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

You should get a chest tattoo like Casca. I wanted to get the brand on my hand like Judeau, but then I thought about it. There are a ton of reasons not to get a tattoo, my main one is that I couldn't handle the permanence of it. The reason I ended up not wanting a brand is because I would feel like ghosts would end up following me around more than normal. I guess I'm on a similar page with Starnum on that one. I'm only 19, so maybe in a decade or two I'll do it. But, then again, the whole brand attracting ghosts will spook me out of getting it. I think I'll just get a tattoo of Gut's helmet, or maybe his sword.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:You should get a chest tattoo like Casca. I wanted to get the brand on my hand like Judeau, but then I thought about it. There are a ton of reasons not to get a tattoo, my main one is that I couldn't handle the permanence of it. The reason I ended up not wanting a brand is because I would feel like ghosts would end up following me around more than normal. I guess I'm on a similar page with Starnum on that one. I'm only 19, so maybe in a decade or two I'll do it. But, then again, the whole brand attracting ghosts will spook me out of getting it. I think I'll just get a tattoo of Gut's helmet, or maybe his sword.
Get one on your forehead like Corkus. If you did that.....The only things that would be following you around would be packs of smokin' hot broads.

:kekeke:
Let's put a smile on that face...............
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Fuji Nagase wrote:shit, now im REALLY considering more than normal gettin the brand..sigh. well if i do im gettin it on the neak for sure.
Just go for it and complete the Caska costume, get a tat right on zee boob. That way its easy to hide! :mrgreen:
*i mean that as a joke*
xxdisastrousxx
imanewbie

Post by xxdisastrousxx »

Hello everyone.
I couldn't pass up on this thread since I hadn't ever actually seen anyone get the brand tattooed with the blood. I got this one back in February. I figure, hell I'm always fighting my own demons so may as well have it bleeding always.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Wow, now that's hardcore! 8)
marpo
imanewbie

Post by marpo »

xxdisastrousxx wrote:Image

Hello everyone.
I couldn't pass up on this thread since I hadn't ever actually seen anyone get the brand tattooed with the blood. I got this one back in February. I figure, hell I'm always fighting my own demons so may as well have it bleeding always.
Now thats the reason I made this thread, thanks for posting man, I can't wait to see more from other people out there that discover this thread.
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

Anyone has it on the chest ?
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

yupachups wrote:Anyone has it on the chest ?
......Or breast(s).
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, that bleeding brand tat is pretty sweet disasterous.
okran
imanewbie

Post by okran »

great tats guys, but this is just ... out there