Berserk Abridged Talkback

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Berserk Abridged Talkback

Post by Istvan »

Amazing. As always, you do an awesome job with this hbi2k. I'm really looking forward to the how you conclude this.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yep. Amazing as ever. I'm really psyched to see what you do with the eclipse parts.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

The Judeau part was genius. :thumb:

I thank you for entertaining me in this grim Berserkless days, in which the world seems bleak and life can only go on thanks to booze and easy chicks.

THANK YOU!!
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

and if godhand didn't want us to have them.. they wouldn't be so easy to catch :twisted:
Bow to Golbez
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Great stuff as always. Can't wait to see what kind of jokes you're going to do with the ending.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

i got to episode 17 and lmfao when you said well thats the end nothing important lies beyond this or something to the extent.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Part 1 of Berserk: The Abridged Finale:

Part 2 is uploading as we speak and should go live shortly.

Edit: Part 2 is live:

Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

You good sir, have put my exact thoughts about the eclipse into poignant words and formulated them into these wonderful videos.

I will admit, I cried too. And then changed my life forever. Berserk, nothing else.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Nice ending. :thumb:

And thanks for sharing it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Ok, that was great. And I really appreciate the way you changed the ending, making the original one funny just wouldn't have been right. Thanks a lot for this entire series, hbi2k, it was a lot of fun.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hell yeah dude, that was an awesome way to end the abridged series, major props. Thanks for all the hard work and side-busting laughs. Hey, I know what you look like now, I was just wondering about that, cool stuff. Honestly, the ending to the Berserk anime had pretty much the same effect on me. If the death of Judeau doesn’t at least draw a tear like it did with me, you have no soul! Sitting there in complete shock for I don’t know how long, yeah, there was totally some of that going on. Well congrats on finishing up the project dude, if you do another, be sure to let us know. ;)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Let's put a smile on that face...............
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

"Nah, if I ever kill these crackers, it'll be with my bare hands!"
Haha nice end to the series.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Good work hbi2k.

:thumbsup:
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

A nice finish to a nice abridged series. I was pleasantly surprised you changed the ending. It was a good choice, in my opinion, it kept things light while still amusing the hardcore berserk fans. "Hail to the King, baby!" <3 the Army of Darkness reference.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, had I not seen the ending to the Berserk Abridged series myself, I would have been opposed to changing the ending, but that was very well done, and fitting. I loved the part with Zodd too. :)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I was listening to some other song from MC Hawking and they're really cool. Not just from the hilarity of imagining Stephen Hawking bitch-slapping somebody, but from the well thought out music and lyrics as well.

Listen to this song:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

War Machine wrote:I was listening to some other song from MC Hawking and they're really cool. Not just from the hilarity of imagining Stephen Hawking bitch-slapping somebody, but from the well thought out music and lyrics as well.

Listen to this song:
MC Hawking is the shit.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Oh my God, the universe is having technical difficulties! That's too awesome, especially how you incorporated all of the stupid dream bull you get from other animes out there. I remember the night when I watched the end of Berserk clearly. I had rented DVD 4, 5, and 6 on a Friday and watched the whole thing with my little brother.
Now that was intense. We were both crying, too embarrassed to look at each other because of it, the pillows we were sitting with squished to half their size because our grip on them was so tight. I was worried too about how the abridged series was going to end, but dissassociating the abridged characters with the actual characters was a great move. Then the argument with Zodd was the best part. Though, throughout the whole thing the satire on anime was my favorite. This was a great project hbi2k. I think the biggest props you could get was us who watched it remembering our first time watching the great eclipse (or reading it, respectively) and feeling those same emotions, but also bringing a lightheartedness to it because of your work. Kudos hib2k.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

hbi2k wrote:Part 1 of Berserk: The Abridged Finale:

Part 2 is uploading as we speak and should go live shortly.

Edit: Part 2 is live:

lol perfect ending with guts and caskas child
travla
imanewbie

Post by travla »

i remember when i saw the beserk ending a few years back, i couldnt believe what i just saw. i wasn't sad tho. the only thing i felt is a raging anger towards griffith. i couldnt sit still after and i felt like goin out and brawling with the first asshole i met. godamn griffith, killing the caracters i came to admire
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I agree with Travla. One of the biggest outcomes of the eclipse was that Griffith became a person that could be equated with ultimate evil.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

I won't be posting each new video in this thread as soon as its done like I did with the originals, 'cause I don't want to spam these boards with my own stuff, but just in case anybody's interested and doesn't already know, I'm doing commentary tracks for all my old Berserk Abridged episodes. I just uploaded the tenth today.

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Like I've said before, that abridged series is great wonderful stuff. I plan on downloading all the videos and putting them on my ps3 and showing... I mean forcing all my friends to watch them =)
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

lon3vvolf wrote:Like I've said before, that abridged series is great wonderful stuff. I plan on downloading all the videos and putting them on my ps3 and showing... I mean forcing all my friends to watch them =)
hum... That's not a great idea, at least not if they haven't watched berserk before (or were forced to :?). Even so, forcing them wouldn't be that good an idea. would be weird O.o But anyway...
=P

btw, hbi2k, the BAS are awesome. Can't remeber of an episode wich I didn't LOLed (specially the 6th :D )
wish you made more comedy videos (out of BAS and the others you've already done, I mean :) )