Berserk Cosplay

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk Cosplay

Post by Starnum »

Not bad. I'd probably pay 10 bucks for that sword, but then I'd have to give you my address, and I don't know about that. :P

Anyway, how old are you dude? You look younger than I expected. Nothing wrong with that, just wondering.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

20, but my dad says i have a baby face ... that asshole
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LOL, well you kind of do, but don't feel bad, I've been told I look young for my age as well. Well, the good news is you look normal. I was kind of hoping you looked like a weirdo so we could make fun you. Heh, just kidding dude. :P

Nice job on that DS though. I'd hold on to it if I were you, but then again I'm into memorabilia and replica swords.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I didn't want to do this but this is a pic of the DS before the add ons and paint:
A bunch of people in the theatre thought that it was a big popsicle. But man is weighs nothing, less than a bunch of the keyblades did. Sure I'll probably keep it, but right now I hate it because of the headache it gave me in Seattle. And it was annoying dragging it across the border on the greyhound. But I can tell you it's no fun being sick at a convention.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Here's a little advice for the baby face problem: Grow a beard. Problem solved.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

meh, maybe i'll look more manly in the guys' opinion out there, but at this age i think i can get away with it for the yaoi-type fan girls out there ;) plus, guts doesn't have a beard the last time i checked
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Yeah, but he' awesome beyond human understanding. You are not.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

So what, I still did it. Maybe lonewolf has got all of them muscles and manliness that I don't required to fill out guts, and i really should have been griffith and all, but this is how things turned out. i don't see you trying to be guts or even serpico from berserk rolos :P. yeah i'm not a manly man, whatever, id rather be a baby face at this age anyways, and beards are itchy, and are really annoying when you go swimming. i did start out being griffith, but my guts backed out going down to seattle and it was almost already made. so i went and got a haircut and made a puck doll and decided. i didn't win, but the judge only liked girl characters anyways.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

The Herald wrote: i don't see you trying to be guts or even serpico from berserk rolos :P.
Yeah, I am not so much into cosplay. Still, I am willing to dress up if it help solving a Berserk related dispute.
This is me on a costume party (like two weeks ago), illustrating the difference between a rapier and a longsword (while "dressing up" as the "eye guy from that movie" in someone else's bedroom).

The Herald wrote:(.....)beards are itchy.
Agreed. Beards can be a bitch once past a certain point.

PS: Please ignore the helmet. And the blatant drunkenness. It was all part of a bet.
~Diogenes of Sinope
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Herald wrote:beards are itchy, and are really annoying when you go swimming.
Well, you could keep a short beard like this one (doesn't have to be that style though):

http://www.freewebs.com/phantom_gerard/4509701778.jpeg

Although, if the problem is that you can't grow one that just say so, no need to get testy about it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Who says I'm getting testy? This is a funny dispute at this point, you guys always take things too seriously.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Hey Herald, thats some awesome cosplay man. The detail is pretty nice on it, and its nice to finally see you do a costume after so much time. Hope it was worth it. Hey, now that its done you can just take it out whenever a con comes around. And yeah, I don't have all the muscles and manliness... I got a lot of fat. :) You got the hair for Guts though.

You should have pointed the DS at the judges and asked them again who should win. lol
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

thanks for the support man, but its not like i haven't done a lot of other costumes, this is just my first berserk. i'm so going to do griffith next time, i dont have to do anything and i have his eyes.

lon3vvolf wrote: You should have pointed the DS at the judges and asked them again who should win. lol
there was onlly one judge, it was dumb. and i was considered a vet because i had done it once before at sakuracon, but the girl in front of me was considered a newbie because she had never done it at sakuracon, but she even said she had done it before tons of times in chicago and st louis. pure bullshit. but their proffessional photographer did like the costume, and my little puck doll
Shizuka
imanewbie

Post by Shizuka »

Ha, I saw you at the cosplay contest, that music screw up was funny. And when you finally did come on stage you did look kind of stoned. At least you didn't just do a walk on, slightly less lame that way. But nobody could have beaten those Captain Falcons, they were awesome. And I do remember you getting laughs when you stuffed Puck in his bag. Other than that the music and dialogue was wierd, too bad all of the Berserk music is kind of quiet, you know, compared to something like Super Smash Bros. And what are you talking about? You seem muscular enough, boys are way too into that sort of thing.
Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical - Yogi Bera
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

You seem muscular enough, boys are way too into that sort of thing.
Almost nobody is muscular enough to play Guts.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

I ran into a Guts at Saboten Con this weekend. Not the best one I've ever seen, but the first one I've ever run into in real life, and I doubt I could do better. That's me as freaky-deaky black straitjacket Alucard next to him.

Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Not bad. Though, even for the Dragonslayer, that sword is way too long.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Istvan wrote:Not bad. Though, even for the Dragonslayer, that sword is way too long.
I agree. Its not the length that counts, its the THICKNESS.
darkwalter
imanewbie

Post by darkwalter »

Any one cosplaying Berserk at Otakon this year? I know i am. just have to get the arm brace to work a little better.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I've been told that I'd make a good Gutts, though I don't do cosplay lol, there is no place, atleast I don't think there is a place to cosplay at in the Netherlands.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-s ... 3_6775.jpg

With all the scars on my face lol(sorry only picture I have)

By the way Rolos, are those real tats?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, you do look like you'd make for a good Guts for cospaly. :)
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Aluja wrote:By the way Rolos, are those real tats?
Nope, I just drew those for the party. I do have two tatoos, though.

This on my left arm: http://www.aref-adib.com/archives/42.jpg
And the brand on my left arm.

As it should be obvious, both were a product of a semi-conscious decision made while being dangerously intoxicated. Which is why I no longer party if my wallet is within a 10-mile radius. Tattoos are expensive (like 30 dollars each, more than enough to buy 6 good books) and a pain in the ass for like a week. Two, if you're a pussy.

Man, 2009 was such a wild year. I had awesome, irresponsible, well-read friends back then. Too bad it was all in Chile.
Chile sucks. Never visit Chile. God, I don't even like the name of the country. FUCK Chile!
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

How much we're alike, I hate my country as well, it's boring as fuck, The "Netherlands" more like "Netherworld" people hardly have a soul here, fuck 'em.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Not me but I found this on the net thought it looked really good and decided to post it here.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BirvUCzeN8s/Scny- ... -_guts.png
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

fujinsan wrote:Not me but I found this on the net thought it looked really good and decided to post it here.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BirvUCzeN8s/Scny- ... -_guts.png
Wow. Ok, that is really good. Someone put a lot of work into that, and the nature of the armor means that the problem most Guts cosplayers run into (insuficient muscles) doesn't apply. Nice find, fujinsan.