Fan Art

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

on the last version of the caska coloring it looks like shes been in the frying pan to long. to red. desaturate it abit.
Groovy!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

As for the one of Schierke, no worries dude, I think it looks cool. ;)
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Think you can get alittle glow on the fairy?

Other than that, FUKKEN APROVED. :thumb:
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Updates.

Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Much better , I like this new Caska . :thumb:
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

The look really good, the glow on the fairy makes it look really good.

The only thing that throws me off is the green hair, but it is Japanese, so i guess its ok.
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Gundam_Bobcat wrote:The look really good, the glow on the fairy makes it look really good.

The only thing that throws me off is the green hair, but it is Japanese, so i guess its ok.

Yeah, the hair was the biggest thing that worried me, i'm really not sure how to do it. I used this linked image as a bit of a reference, but since it is kind of pastel and the hair color is a really bland sea greenish, it didn't turn out too well when I tried it. Changing her hair will only take seconds, I just didn't want to change it to a more natural color since I know it is meant to be more supernatural (as from the reference). I might change the robe to a darker purple shade and her hair to something else, not sure though.
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

make the hair more dull grayish. i think that would work.
Groovy!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i really like that coloring. seems mroe like an actualy drawing. as for teh hair i think it should be a little more green...since her hair is supposed to be green lol
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

MrFelony wrote:i really like that coloring. seems mroe like an actualy drawing. as for teh hair i think it should be a little more green...since her hair is supposed to be green lol
The one I referenced is an original coloring by the makers I believe, it basically is a drawing. Assuming it came from the offical source of Berserk, the colors should be correct, which is why I used it as a reference :).
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, those are definitely the correct colors. Schierke's hair is in fact green, heh. Anyway, I think both pics look great, good work dude.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

That glow did wonders!

Great pictures! :thumb:
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

I forgot about that picture. Also I think in the game she has green hair.

Adding some gray to it might make it look a little more realistic.
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

As a complimentery piece to the Casca one I figured another starscape background would fit, so I whipped one up :) The hair was a bitch >.>
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Nice picture of Griffith.

I think that the tint of his hair should be gray or sliver, but it still looks great.

Keep up the good work.
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Awesome stuff man, you just keep getting better :thumb:

Now some Grunbeld please :P
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

That griff pic is awesome. I like the hair, it's very hard to do a silvery tone in that kind of colouring, you would have to put reflections in there that are not in the lineart, which I can only imagine to be a bitch. The bluish tone is absolutely fitting.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Ash J. Williams
imanewbie

Post by Ash J. Williams »

Very nice picture of Griffith. I can understand the hair problem, That silver hair he's got is a pain to work with.
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Brainpiercing wrote:That griff pic is awesome. I like the hair, it's very hard to do a silvery tone in that kind of colouring, you would have to put reflections in there that are not in the lineart, which I can only imagine to be a bitch. The bluish tone is absolutely fitting.
Oh I can do silver :P however..

This is an original cell from the Berserk anime, where his hair has that slight blue tinge which I tried to replicate. It turned out pretty well I think.

The problem I was speaking of was the ends of his hair, it was difficult to determine which is a strand of hair that gets color and which is just an errant strand which would stay black with the lineart. I got through it pretty well but I could still probably clean it up a bit near the ends of the strands on the left.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

You know, should you continue to do things like this, Miura himself might hire you :wink:

The only thing that bothers me are those purple sleeves. With that hue of green you used for cloack, they should be dark(er).
Azrael
notanewb

Post by Azrael »

Gaiseric wrote:I never thought of her being black, maybe something like spanish or arabic.
Oh, I never thought of her as black. I just used hocolate because it amuses me, sorry. I just thought she was a little more tan.
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

ddem1 wrote:Awesome stuff man, you just keep getting better :thumb:

Now some Grunbeld please :P
Thx :P Grunbeld i've done 2-3 of, one of my first colorings was him but most of my early stuff sucked. I had major color pallate issues, which i finally resolved when i made a custom pallate with 100 colors on it which go well together, and i was still learning how to extract and color in layers. I'll do another Grunbeld and maybe a Zodd later, but right now i'm working on a set of the Golden Age Hawks with varying starscape backgrounds i've been messing with :P.

Speaking of which..

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i would love to see a colored backround :P. or just a blank backround. it could just be me, but i dont really like the backrounds...possibly cause they remind me of a school photo backround or something
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

EvilDmitri wrote: I'll do another Grunbeld and maybe a Zodd later
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Oh boy, I think Im gonna go read up on some previous volumes :twisted:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Contrary to belief, apparently, Griffith has very pale colored sea green hair. Well, really it's white, but it has that pale sea green tint to it. It's an anime hair thing. It all depends on the lighting, but if you're going to add any shading, that's the color you want to work with, so I think you got it right. So yeah, great colorings dude, keep 'em coming. ;)