Fan Art

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ack! No cosplay! NO!! :P

Buzkashi: Nah, I was just curious as to why they looked so different in skill. ;)

Luck: Wow, that is indeed some nice coloring. I'll just be slipping that into the screen saver now. ;)
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Dio wrote:
Kêthêrîc wrote:pretty nice ones so far... damn i gotta find a scanner. i did a weird one in charcoal.
Charcoal? This I have to see
i'll try to use one of the scanners at school to put it up pretty soon. i did it on my way back from illinois in a car so its not the greatest, but it definitely has a dark etchy look to it. I'm also working on one drawing in just pen to get some good shading practice. lastly a bit of advice for anyone looking to improve detailing. it's not used much in anime but more for realism and its something i learned in one of my art classes. there are no "definite" lines in art, meaning there are no plain black outlines or anything like that. everything that is drawn is connected on the paper but has to be given shape by shading and stroke technique. its hard to do but it looks pretty cool. anyways keep up the good work!
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Ahahaaha starnum. Real cool
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

It's been a while since I first said I was going to do a Femto drawing, and after many times of repeating myself, I'm glad to say that I've finally finished it. Just like my Void sketch, the drawing is completely original ( except for the character of course). Void seems a lot cleaner to me though.

Originally, this was not going to be Femto at all. I had just received "The Art of Metal Gear Solid 1.5" by Yoji Shinkawa and was inspired by the awesome artwork. I started sketching stuff, and the first drawing I did was a very basic sketch of this really thin, but well built guy, similar to Shinkawa's Solid Snake illustrations from MGS. I don't know why, but, after I drew the head, I saw Femto in this guy, changed direction midway and draw the Femto I've been telling you guys I would do.

Anyway, here it is. Sorry for bumping this old thread and let me know if the picture is too big and needs to be resized. Comments and criticism is always welcome.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Wow....How do you do it?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
redria
imanewbie

Post by redria »

Holy shit! Femto, It's amazing! :shock:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

redria wrote:Holy shit! Femto, It's amazing! :shock:
What can I say? The man's brilliant.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Quite nice....
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, that's great work. To bad you don't live in my area Femto. Otherwise I'd see if you wanted to team up with me and be the illustrator for my manga. I'm sure my characters would be easier to draw. I'm going for more of a Bleach look, or something.
nine_inch_neos
imanewbie

Post by nine_inch_neos »

that is an amazing sketch of femto,...femto.
"Treason is only possible from those whom you trust." -KGB Officer Yuriy
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Damn fento, thats a nice one... ever think of coloring it?
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

i wonder if you shouldn't go to Japan and work with Miura...
then maybe the chapters were released faster

*wishing to have the drawing skills of Femto
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oh my god, if i didnt know it was a fan pic,i would think that it was made by miura damn good femto keep them coming.

Femto if you draw a manga for someone let us know.

I wish i had 1% of femto skill :P
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've thought of coloring my stuff and have very basic coloring skills, but I still need to improve my drawings, I'm far from the level I want to be at. In other words, one step at a time. Any requests BTW? I'm thinking of doing a Skull Knight next, or maybe the rest of the Godhand, starting with Slan.

Starnum: Well, I'm studying to be an animator, so I wouldn't have the time right now. Besides, I don't think I have the ability to handle a graphic novel yet. If you wanted though, I could try to design some of your characters. That would be fun, and I've never tried to create characters based on somebody else's guidelines, so it should be interesting to say the least.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

very nice, but i really like your void drawing (had it on my desktop). maybe thats because i think he is a cooler looking character in general. I would love to see your next drawing to be of skull knight.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Do Silat!!!! DO IT!!!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I want to try major characters first. I'm leaning towards Slan right now, it's always challenging to draw hot women.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Im looking forward to the skull knight pic.

I have also the femto pic in my desktop.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Femto wrote:Starnum: Well, I'm studying to be an animator, so I wouldn't have the time right now. Besides, I don't think I have the ability to handle a graphic novel yet. If you wanted though, I could try to design some of your characters. That would be fun, and I've never tried to create characters based on somebody else's guidelines, so it should be interesting to say the least.
Hey, that's awesome, good luck with becoming an animator. Oh, I know you wouldn't have time. I was just saying you're good enough that I'd consider it. We'd need to be in the same area to make it work anyway. I'd love it if you drew some characters for me though. If you're serious about it, PM me when you get the time. As for a request, I vote for Skull Knight as well.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I wanted to draw Slan, but by popular vote (two persons are good enough for me) Skull Knight it is.

And Starnum, PM sent.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something to whoever has my drawings on their desktops. Thanks. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, to know that my work is considered good enough to be seen every day on your computers. It makes me feel a little weird too.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Draw silat next. pleaaaaaassseeee :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Awesome, I've responded to your PM Femto. I hope you enjoy this deal as much as I'm sure I will. ;)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

What you fools cuttin a deal here without me? Comon now, I got the money for it if its premium stuff..
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It's Femto's shit man, so you know it's the premo. ;)
redria
imanewbie

Post by redria »

Yeah, I don't care what he draws, you already know it will be good