Berserk AMVs.

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

newbified
n00b Smasher

Berserk AMVs.

Post by newbified »

Well I thought since many of us watch anime/read manga, we might have some favorite AMV's. And well since I'm posting this in the Berserk section I suppose we can mainly concentrate on those.

I'm not entirely sure how this thread will take, and whether or not many people have favorite Berserk AMVs, but why not take a shot.

I have a couple. But one of my favorites I actually just found recently. For those of you have have an animemusicvideos.org account, you can go here to download it from their local servers, or you can go the direct download route here and get a lower quality video.

I also upped it to my webspace, but as I've only got a 5gig transfer monthly and it's a 63meg file in the higher quality version, I'll leave off on giving that link out unless the direct goes down and people don't want to register on the website to get it.

Guess we'll see how this goes then hmm?
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I had a couple that I liked. One was a chop suey one the other was one that was mixed with hellsing and the song was by static x.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i thought that the manga one was very interesting. i think i know how the creator felt. the anime doesnt do the story justice, so the only way is to make an it a manga music video. i thought it was well done actually. good timing on most parts, and the song was pretty berserky.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Wow someone actually did that. I've been hoping something like that would come out. Link please..

And oh heres the static x one that I liked.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7696&q=amv

w00t i found it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &q=berserk

the manga one right?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Yeah Buz, that's the one I link to in my original post ;).
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oh really... Didn't really see it. It kinda blended in with your text.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yes, i was also hoping somone would do it, and i think they did it well too. had some animation right on the scanlations. i thought it was done well. finally something that gives more justice to the name guts. its quite hard to make an amv out of a manga, so props all the way t them. used some of my fav. scenes. i bet some person whos only seen the anime will watch it and end up here after seeing that amv. or uh... mmv i guess.

ive actually made quite a few berserk AMVs in my time, but im far too lazy to put them up now, so ill link u to them later..

BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I feel the need to reiterate my hatred for almost all AMVs but ... carry on.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

well it is true that many AMVs suck, but there are few that are truly good. but, again..FEW...

BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Just watched it ... and i must admit that it isnt your typtical AMV. It actually has a unique style to it. It wasn't great but it was pretty good for an AMV.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Speaking of Hellsing, I can't wait for the new OVA to come out :o.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, that manga scan video was pretty interesting. I had a similar idea once, but didn't think it would go over very well. I think the use of some of the animations really helped. I have a Berserk AMV that I made, which I think is really good, better than that Berserk/Hellsing one, in my opinion. If I can figure out a way to make it available for you guys to watch, I'll do so.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i did one that was just berserk to msi's "bring the pain". i lost the whole file a few times, so im really partial to it. i did a short one to requiem for a dream's "party" also. and from the only constant is change's "this one's for oscar". not as good as the msi one, but still berserk so...

-id really like to see yours starnum. which song is it to?

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

How big are those files?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

well, for me, i gotta make them much smaller to put them on the internet(they are far too big for the net now), then i have to put them there..so it might be a while before i can. ill try though.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

My video is to "Master's Apprentice" by Opeth. I don't have enough space on my website for it right now, so I'm trying to figure out another method. This size is about 176 megs.
Darnoc
Mastered PM

Post by Darnoc »

My favorite Berserk AMVs are the ones with Iced Earth's song My Own Savior and Marilyn Manson's Fight Song.

I think the words in My Own Savior fit really good in the mood of Berserk and depict Gatts quite accurately.
On March 2006 Ajattara strikes back... damn... still 4 months
Itse---Kuolema---Tyhjyys---Apare
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Starnum wrote:My video is to "Master's Apprentice" by Opeth. I don't have enough space on my website for it right now, so I'm trying to figure out another method. This size is about 176 megs.
One of THE best bands to use for Berserk.

Darnoc: Iced Earth is awesome for Berserk too.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

If anyone who wants web space for their Berserk AMVs can get them to me, I'll host them.

Edit: I'll idle in the IRC channel if you want to send them that way (should automagically accept; if it ever stops sending, just wait about five minutes before resending).
Cancer
imanewbie

Post by Cancer »

yeah my own savior and fight song are the best and the Disturbed - "Remember" video is great too
Zerglinster
imanewbie

Post by Zerglinster »

Yeah, I've always wanted to make an AMV with Berserk. Two songs I've been thinking of using are from Demons and Wizards (Singer from Blind Guardian and guitarist from Iced Earth) 'Touched by the Crimson King' and 'My Last Sunrise.'
panic
imanewbie

Post by panic »

The one most interesting amv of all that I had seen was the one with music from "Joe Satriani - Tears In The Rain".
It's different from all the usual amv's, and though it's quite short it fits with the scene shown and everything. Just awesome.
Or maybe it's just that I love those guitar sounds :shock:

Berserk - Joe Satriani - Tears In The Rain
"..man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant land beyond his dreams."
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

So I was looking at Google Vid and found this (Beware, it is REALLY long):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0725631796

It's a comedy collection of a whole lot of AMVs, some decent ones, including Guts and Griffith singing the theme of the old TV show "All in The Family". If you don't want to watch the whole thing, don't worry, that happens in the first 5 minutes. I thought it was enjoyable. I also LOL'd at some other scenes, like Alucard from Hellsing doing the theme to "Carmen Sandiago", Clay Aikens "If I was invisible" done to a scene of "Ghost in the Shell", and some bits from Azumanga, including an AMV of a song from the old "Doug" cartoon.
ImageImage
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I'm probably gonna have to watch the whole thing sometime. I thought the Grave of the Fireflies one was kinda fucked up.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I could probably offer to run an ftp on my home computer for a few days to distribute some videos (I have 1.5/1Mbit, it's not great, but better than nothing), but right now I have a guest staying in my room, so I can't keep my computer on during the night.

Once I have the time I'll PM you guys with logins and connection information.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.