Evil-Genius's Berserk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Ollie
imanewbie

Post by Ollie »

but psi said it was 77KB which is... 8 times as big as 77kb? I think? :?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

We're still talking about KILOBYTES, not KILOBITS.

We use kilobytes for computer mainly like file size, and kilobits for some other shit, like consoles or internet speed something. Your signature was 77 KILOBYTES, which was below 512 KILOBYTES.

I can't believe you don't know this shit.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I'm going to refrain to make a bad french pun, as nobody will get it.

I'm still tempted though, Starlore was involved.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Eldo wrote:We're still talking about KILOBYTES, not KILOBITS.

We use kilobytes for computer mainly like file size, and kilobits for some other shit, like consoles or internet speed something. Your signature was 77 KILOBYTES, which was below 512 KILOBYTES.

I can't believe you don't know this shit.
Whatch out Ollie, Eldo spares nobody, not even girls :wink: :D

BTW, what are the times Young Animal appears? I know it's a bimonthly issue, but are those two times fixed or not?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

There is a difference between KB and kb (often referred to as kB) the upper/lower case makes all the difference.

Your sig is 77KB, which is under 512KB. It can stay, reason we do this is help people that are on bad connections or dial-up because it takes forever to download anything, having to download a huge ass sig is a pain in the ass.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

psi29a wrote:reason we do this is help people that are on bad connections or dial-up because it takes forever to download anything, having to download a huge ass sig is a pain in the ass.
Which I personally am grateful for, since I have both a dial-up AND a bad connection. And a double, if that exists anywhere else in the world. :(
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Aeriel wrote:
psi29a wrote:reason we do this is help people that are on bad connections or dial-up because it takes forever to download anything, having to download a huge ass sig is a pain in the ass.
Which I personally am grateful for, since I have both a dial-up AND a bad connection. And a double, if that exists anywhere else in the world. :(
Double? As in, two phone-line modems at once? They are not uncommon here in the states for people who live in rural communities. USA's broadband penetration is really low in comparison to other countries.

But yeah, one of the big selling points of this forum template you see is that it is clean and 'moody'. By clean, there is only one largish image at the top that is the banner and the rest of lil icons smilies and people's sigs/avatars. No extra crap. Far easier on the eyes and modem bill, as some people have to pay per the MB and not by the month.
Ollie
imanewbie

Post by Ollie »

Yech, my friends in Belgrade had something like that - shared their phone-internet connection with the whole STREET. Meaning that if anyone nearby was using their house phone, the internet was a no-go. :?
Eldo wrote:I can't believe you don't know this shit.
*shrug* never bothered to learn it. I know I should, but I have no love for numbers and that tends to discourage me.

And yes, thanks for pointing that out, psi. :) I misread what you quoted and thought it said 512kb rather than KB, so sorry for the confusion.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

no worries. everything is kosher :D
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Ollie wrote:Yech, my friends in Belgrade had something like that - shared their phone-internet connection with the whole STREET. Meaning that if anyone nearby was using their house phone, the internet was a no-go. :?
Yes, well, I live in Belgrade too, and have that exact problem. Additional trouble is that it is not just internet that is a no-go. It is the phone line itself. So, my double is on net or just talking on the phone, I cannot call anybody else. :cry:

How come you know so many people (plural from 'friend' at least :D ) from Belgrade Ollie?
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

psi29a wrote:But yeah, one of the big selling points of this forum template you see is that it is clean and 'moody'. By clean, there is only one largish image at the top that is the banner and the rest of lil icons smilies and people's sigs/avatars. No extra crap. Far easier on the eyes and modem bill, as some people have to pay per the MB and not by the month.
I think the term is "user-friendly".

It's the same with Google and Lycos, for example. Lycos feeds you all the extra crap, but Google shows you what you're lookin' for quick and simple. I found this site through Google, so hooray for clean and 'moody'! :D
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Anyone been to thehawks lately? I think they're done with. Anyway the links posted here from them might need removal.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I'll check it out in a bit.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Evil-Genius's Berserk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Post by War Machine »

Berserk has been officially translated to Spanish by "MangaLine ediciones":

http://www.edicionesmangaline.com/index ... 3&vmcchk=1

Apparently the company is in Spain, but I've seen the Berserk manga being sold here in Mexico, so I suppose they sell it in other spanish-speaking countries as well. I just wanted to point this out so it can be included in the FAQ.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
dstructor
imanewbie

Post by dstructor »

Does anyone has an information about the IRC chat channel of Evil-Genius ?!

i can't find it on the list of irc.irchighway.net
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

dstructor wrote:Does anyone has an information about the IRC chat channel of Evil-Genius ?!

i can't find it on the list of irc.irchighway.net
That is because whoever you got it from didn't give you the full (correct) channel name. #[Evil_Genius]

It is in the FAQ, so read up. :D
Eedze
imanewbie

Post by Eedze »

i got a little problem. i started rereading the older chapters and they are all bunched in a zip file. however the naming of each of the pages makes it so that the pages gets messed up. for example:

page 01-09, page 10, page 100, page 101-109, page 11, page 111-119, page 12 etc

I'm using Cdisplay to read the manga. is there any way to configure it to show the pages in the right order?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

All of our releases are in rar format, perhaps you got yours from the hawks?

I've never used cdisplay, but perhaps someone else here can help you out.

My solution would be to extract and repack them on your end. Since that is what I do with all my manga I read anyway.
Eedze
imanewbie

Post by Eedze »

yup i got the earlyer hawks releases. been only the first 16 chapters wich weren't packed right. i made a mistake on the file format. its rar instead of zip. i still gotta configure windows to display file extentions.

anyways i got trough the chapters wich were messed up and i think i could manage to follow the story so far.
aint got anymore problems with it now. i think i just repack everything when i find some time ad some zeros to make all pages containing 3 digits
i guess there is no bad blood between E-G and Hawks. altough i never visited the hawks webpage, just found thier torrent while searching for the old volumes of Berserk. I always enjoy being here and read info, oppionions or just the regular crap and get my new releases
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

There was a bit of tension between SK, Hawks, and EG for awhile but that has since mellowed out with each of us doing our own niche. Hawks does tanks/volumes, we do chapter/episodes, and sk avoids scanlations like the plague. ;)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Wait, Hawks are still alive? Damn I thought they went the way of their counterparts in the manga. Haven't seen much if any activity on their site in ages. EG is the place to be, thats for sure, or fo-sho as some people are saying nowadays. :D
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

lon3vvolf wrote:Wait, Hawks are still alive? Damn I thought they went the way of their counterparts in the manga. Haven't seen much if any activity on their site in ages. EG is the place to be, thats for sure, or fo-sho as some people are saying nowadays. :D
Well, they only do volumes, and given the rate at which Miura produces new chapters, volumes are pretty rare.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:
lon3vvolf wrote:Wait, Hawks are still alive? Damn I thought they went the way of their counterparts in the manga. Haven't seen much if any activity on their site in ages. EG is the place to be, thats for sure, or fo-sho as some people are saying nowadays. :D
Well, they only do volumes, and given the rate at which Miura produces new chapters, volumes are pretty rare.
It used to be at least two a year, now its only one per year.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Guts[LCF]
imanewbie

Post by Guts[LCF] »

Actually Volume 33 has taken over a year to complete since its first chapter release so you could even say less then 1 volume a year.

EDIT: Btw Im a casual of the Hawks and no they do not scanlate the volumes anymore. The scanlators lost interest in the story and don't care for Berserk anymore. All there is now is a few posters (I'd say around 7-8 at most) that post every day including me.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, that kind of sucks, but I can understand where they're coming from. I mean, it takes forever for the tanks to come out, and that's normally what they work with.