Find the Berserk connections (Symbolism thread)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I just happened to be reading through Genesis the other day...you know, first book of the bible. Anyway, I discovered something kind of interesting I thought I might mention. Remember the town where the gang fought all those trolls and the ogre. Yeah, and then Schierke called in the flood and shit. Well, the name of that town was Inock. It just so happens that after God cursed Cain for killing Abel, he went off and created his own city, which was named Enoch, which would be pronounced the same way. ;)
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Berserkers:

Norse Mythology: Odin's elite troops often Kings and such who would serve under Odin's direct command. Their purpose was to slay eachother everyday and then get revived during the day. All this effort and training was for the ultimate end. Ragnarok.

Ragnarok can indeed be the same as the Kushan army or for that matter Griffiths army in this matter.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Damn you guys are finding all this good shit! I haven't been able to find anything as interesting as that but this, (has to do solely within the manga though) The demon dog that follows Guts, when its a small little lapdog (not the huge demon version) doesn't it look oddly like the dog that was with Gambino before he tried to kill Guts? Maybe Gambino went to Hell and is trying to torture Guts? Just a thought ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the "hellhound" is more of a personification of Guts' inner supressed feelings (read rage and violent dirty thoughts). though it could have taken the form of a "dog" for good reasons seeing as how the dog was the only thing that received Gambino's love after his wife died and he lost his leg as well as Guts sort of serving as Griffiths' "dog" while he was leader of the raiders...
Libaax wrote:I couldnt find anything about my favs Zodd and Judeou :(
maybe its because you spelled Judeau wrong :P
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

I have a connection

It seems that mainly males are attracted to this forum and hey, Guts is a male. Man I'm good...

But seriously I had a connection. During a revolt in France where armies of peasants I think (or knights) would run through their enemies village, capture all of the innocent civillians and submit them to death by torturous ways. It describes it more in my history book but this totally reminded me of the little hell clan that tried to kill the Band of the Hawks before Grifith caused the eclipse. General but it interested me.

And a lil off topic but I found this guy in Costco that looked about 30 and also looked exactly like Guts! He had the hairdo, was tall, very muscular and everything. It was kinda cool, lets just say it made my day. (:
:wink:
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

You got a picture there evilester?
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

of course...

but do you really think i would post it here? of course not.
Last edited by evilester_me on Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

evilester_me wrote:of course...

but do you really think i would post it here? of course not. Myspace is where ur supposed to whore yourself out online.

http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=706

'Nuff said.
ImageImage
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Ah.. sorry i should've been more direct. I mean the guy you met in Cotsco...
And a lil off topic but I found this guy in Costco that looked about 30 and also looked exactly like Guts! He had the hairdo, was tall, very muscular and everything. It was kinda cool, lets just say it made my day.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Was he missing his left arm and right eye?
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

LOL i know that i was just kiddin. Guess I wasnt too funny

no I dont have a picture cuz i didnt have a camera at the time but he wasnt missing an eye or arm.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

so he look like pre-eclipse Guts huh
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Casca=Casca from Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" play... that's pretty much it from me, sadly.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Casca: One of the conspirators against Caesar, he starts the actual assassination of Caesar by stabbing first from behind.

Seems it was a "he", that's weird.
jesuscrow
imanewbie

Post by jesuscrow »

Does anyone know if this idea for Berserk is borrowed from some other source: http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/wor ... index.html
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

jesuscrow wrote:Does anyone know if this idea for Berserk is borrowed from some other source: http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/wor ... index.html
I do believe that skullknight.net people are the original creators of that. Email them or hop on their forums and ask to be sure.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

psi, i've been trying to look up something that shisho posted back in dp concerning some type of sphere that is present with void during the eclipse. i keep thinking of dyson's sphere but i know that to be not the case. i'm asking you because you were also talking about it.

Please post the info when you find it. I would appreciate it.

btw, this is my favorite thread thus far in this forum.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You would be refering to a klein bottle I believe. It's a spacial distortion which inverts matter back on itself.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

not exactly a distortion but the klein bottle exists in 4 dimensions instead of 3, it is a tube with only one side. The only way to for that to exist is for it to be in 4D as 3D would be impossible.

When skullknight tried to hit Void with his sword, the effect being that his sword went through the 4th D, and wrapped around towards SK.

http://plus.maths.org/issue26/features/ ... -gifd.html

there are more links that explain it better than this, but i'm short of time.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Starnum wrote:Casca: One of the conspirators against Caesar, he starts the actual assassination of Caesar by stabbing first from behind.

Seems it was a "he", that's weird.
So basically your daughters name is actually a male name ;).
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I was thinking of that too. However, I look at it like this. Miura was the freak who named a woman after a man. At least I named my daughter after a female character. :P
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

thx (though it's a little late with my reply), for the replies psi and starnum, that was bugging me for a while.

Amazing how miura can be eclectic in including all sorts of references in his work.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

I believe that Manifico got his name from the very well known renaissance family Medici, where one of them was named Lorenzo il Magnifico, meaning Lorenzo the great.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Darnoc
Mastered PM

Post by Darnoc »

I just found that name on today's Illustrated Science mag and it immediately hit my brain that 'this is almost like Manifico'
On March 2006 Ajattara strikes back... damn... still 4 months
Itse---Kuolema---Tyhjyys---Apare
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

haha me2 ;) Illustrated science magazine rox.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x