EG Staff Applications: Translators and Editors

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Dark-Reckers
imanewbie

Post by Dark-Reckers »

it was just a proposition ... after all :/
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

thanks for the offer!

We are always on the look-out for editors and those with Japanese and Chinese to English abilities.

Unfortunately we do not have any projects that require French at the moment.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Dark-Reckers wrote:it was just a proposition ... after all :/
Haha, don't worry about it, we were just having some fun. It's only Femto's fault after all.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Albator wrote:In french rules you can grab balls. Don't try me, you won't like it.

Or would you?
Ya but we both live in the states so we will abide by the USA rules.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Yeah, anything goes. That includes ball crushing.
kangxi
Mastered PM

Post by kangxi »

I was just wondering if you need anymore translators?
I can help translate Chinese to English. I can understand both traditional and simplified mandarin, i hope that helps.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

One group can never have too much of your kind, Eldo will send you a statue....err a PM, he's the Great Leader Of EG. I'm sure we can find something for you to do. Any interest in particular?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

An email is already sent to kangxi, so I'm just waiting for a reply here.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
kangxi
Mastered PM

Post by kangxi »

hi just send my reply, waiting for work
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Hi, I've been reading your berserk releases for a while. If you need someone for anything a little easier I'm up for some Japanese translation. Cheers.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

uncempt wrote:Hi, I've been reading your berserk releases for a while. If you need someone for anything a little easier I'm up for some Japanese translation. Cheers.
rock on, forwarded on to group, someone should be in contact via either email or PM in a bit.
meeric
imanewbie

Post by meeric »

I could help out with editing/typesetting on the NHK project.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

meeric wrote:I could help out with editing/typesetting on the NHK project.
Contact me at eldoes at gmail.com, send me some samples of your work, and I'll send some tests to you.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Hey.. I think I could edit some Zetman for you. Got experience and all... So... if you want, send me a message.

OH! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! I am already in the group, how could I forget that? :<
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

miyagiCE wrote:Hey.. I think I could edit some Zetman for you. Got experience and all... So... if you want, send me a message.

OH! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! I am already in the group, how could I forget that? :<
arent you that super spammer in the Lurk channel?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Devil_Dante wrote:
miyagiCE wrote:Hey.. I think I could edit some Zetman for you. Got experience and all... So... if you want, send me a message.

arent you that super spammer in the Lurk channel?
Quite possibly. I usually try to steer away from the conversations because they're incredibly inane and stupid. There was a time when I did participate to give crap to those dumbshits, but now I avoid the channel like the plague.

And BSWolf is a big fucking arsehole. I'm not quite sure what kind of pleasure he derives from kicking and banning people at sight.

Starnum
Elven King

Re: EG Staff Applications: Translators and Editors

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I usually see MiyagiCE in there when I go to get my leech on. :P

I think he has rights in there too though.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

I convinced my gf to do something with me if you are thinking of starting a new project.
She was a Toku-A certified Japanese-English translator for the UN.
Personally I'd like to do quality control for the last chapters of NHK... I can't wait!
Her tastes in manga are Hana Yori Dango and Marmalade Boy (or something funny like Yaiba) if you have anything new along those lines...
Right now we're watching Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and Claymore together.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Thank you very much for the offer. 8)

NHK 39 and 40 is being wrapped up as we speak by our usual suspects.

Is there anything else that EG does that interests you?

We are not looking for new stuff to work on either, but that doesn't mean we won't in the future. We would rather catch up on our existing series and wrap up BReaction!
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

We can help wrap up Breaction or whatever else you need help with... it would be good to test the waters to see how long it takes. In general, the less ecchi the better. I just downloaded the first four chapters of Breaction... it's pretty funny!

I haven't had a chance to look at any of the other manga (besides NHK) since I only just found this site.

I watched the berserk anime a couple years ago which was pretty cool up until the last episode (the eclipse) when all of sudden everything got really f*cked up and the entire tone of the series changed. Everyone dying is fine, but I can't deal with rape bullshit. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the manga, although I'm guessing it's a lot more f*cked up.

I also really liked the Elfen Lied anime but I haven't looked at the manga yet.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

This group (EG) is very Berserk centric, so either you like it or you don't. The content of which is what this group specializes in and enjoys reading. So yes, the manga is even more intense including the rape of Guts, but it all goes to character development, not just to have it thrown in.
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Guts gets raped :shock:
double :shock:
I'll have to read the manga before I know whether I like it, but it's safe to say sexual violence isn't something I can read together with my gf. I was watching Berserk because my gf at the time was black and really liked the relationship between Caska and Guts, so watching that scene was... *awkward*. I'll send you my email if you have any work you'd like us to do for you.

Have you read Tokyo Tribes? In the first volume the boss rapes a dude and splits his back in half. Holy sh*t, I wasn't expecting that.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Tonbo wrote:I was watching Berserk because my gf at the time was black and really liked the relationship between Caska and Guts, so watching that scene was... *awkward*.
Ha ha ha! That must've been horrible.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

I can help out with translations from traditional and simplified Chinese to English, traditional takes me a bit longer. Wouldn't mind helping out with Zetman transations.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Oh, hi Jian Wen Yi, I've PMed you just now. Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy.