Where to get releases

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Where to get releases

Post by Evanidus »

Bit Torrent via Evil Genius's Tracker
http://bt.evil-genius.us/

You can still try IRC: [url=irc://irc.irchighway.net/%5bevil_genius%5d]#[evil_genius] @ irc.irchighway.net[/url]
Last edited by Evanidus on Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JeDi
imanewbie

Post by JeDi »

:? do you still release berserk in here ??
"Death to the False Emperor! Death to the weakling Imperium of Man!"
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

Evanidus wrote: (except if there's a new release).
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

We, the staff, has said this numerous times on the forums, and on IRC. Due to Nazgul (aka Oro)'s absence, the group is in hibernation because our leader's not present to order us around, and hence, no new releases. All activity will resume once Nazgul is back in action, and hopefully a bunch of releases as well.

The bot hosting our releases are down on the EG channel, so yeah, we're kind of screwed, for now. And Evanidus hasn't been around lately either. Don't know why Evan's not supporting it anymore, but I guess he has his reasons.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh i didnt even know that Nagzul was Oro's new name i thought he was Oro' replacement.....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Why should they replace Oro?
He's too good to leave!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh i thought they were dif people too.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

You didn't notice that he had the same avatar and signature, or that threads started by Oro suddenly became threads started by Nazgûl?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Actually i didnt cause it wasnt often i saw his posts even before he got busy with his real life.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I'm testing the waters here, but feel free to use my bit-torrent tracker till EG figures things out.

http://bt.evil-genius.us/index.php

You can thank myself and dos.azn for seeding these downloads.

Let me know what you guys think and test it out, if it works out then I can host other EG works.
Last edited by psi29a on Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Nice Idea. Maybe I'll test it with the next releases.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It looks good i will also try it and seed when the next chapter is out.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Well...

http://bt.evil-genius.us/

is very usable, and thus far stable. :D yay... now you all FLOOD it. If it survives the onslaught past Wednesday (after the next 3 chapter releases) then it will be considered permanent and considered defacto place for EG releases.

The price to pay for this is the axeing of direct-downloads. Bandwidth involved in hosting ALL of EG's releases via BT combined with direct-downloads of Berserk will crush the server. I'm sorry to have to do this. The solution is if some brave soul would like to offer their bandwidth in hosting the latest releases (up to 4 current chapters of releases).

Requirements:
*static IP address
*1mbit or greater uploading
*100+GB/month uploading
*http preferable and FTP acceptable

Benefits:
*forum mod-hood (negotiable)
*help out EG and contribute
*ability to flame assholes without remorse
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

psi29a wrote:*ability to flame assholes without remorse
Can't I do this one anyways. :twisted:

I can seed some. I will be out of town til sunday, but send me a PM on what needs to be done and I can set it up for Monday.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Arresty wrote:
psi29a wrote:*ability to flame assholes without remorse
Can't I do this one anyways. :twisted:

I can seed some. I will be out of town til sunday, but send me a PM on what needs to be done and I can set it up for Monday.
You all can, however I feel no remorse because I'm giving my time/money/effort away for free because I like EG so much and more importantly Berserk. So when someone whines, complanes, or just is an idiot... I personally feel no remorse in whatever action I take.

Feel free to seed though, thanks much. All anyone needs to do is download the torrent, open up with farvorite bit-torrent client... and let it sit there and download. When finished, it is considered a seed so just keep it open and minimise it out of the way.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

I think the BT is a perfect time to give back to the community as well. Now i just need to firgure out how to make a torrent file and ill see to it that some of my stuff can peoplw may want will be up for grabs...(this is all thinking that it is possible.. is it possible for me to do that Psi?)

for me when im sleeping i usually got my BT working so i can seed pretty much 12am to 10am soo 10 hours of whole seeding at a time (im pacific time zone)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well didn't realize that made you a seed. Easy enough. I will try to leave it open for a long time. I have been wanting to find some way to give back to the EG community, besides tons of high quality spam. :P
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Yes, this is why all the FAQs and stuff about bit-torrent says "please leave the windows open after download is complete" because you become a seeder after that. This means that not only do you share content, you also have ALL of it so you can pass choice chunks ot other people so I don't have to :D
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Well, I don't have much going in the Seed window of Azureus, so I may as well contribute to keeping the torrents alive...
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

well, do whatever makes you guys happy. When in doubt, I already have seeds up for all the stuff in the tracker. :P
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

psi29a wrote:Well...

Requirements:
*static IP address
*1mbit or greater uploading
*100+GB/month uploading
*http preferable and FTP acceptable
Let's see, I just so happen to have a (dedicated) server with a 10 mbit pipe and a 2000GB/mo transfer limit. How's that?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Yes, but would be willing to host content and let the masses swarm you? It's hell. :D
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

I'll do it, just don't expect tomorrow's release of Berserk to be on time.

In addition, message me on IRC if you want to discuss specifics (probably should message me anyway); I just changed my nick to something resembling the one I use on the forums.
Un_Colombiano
imanewbie

Post by Un_Colombiano »

so what happened to this site then?

http://xdcc.evanidus.ath.cx:7420/

i guess this one isnt gonna be used anymore?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Most probably not yet, Evan may or may upload the botlist on his site, but for now, go to the IRC channel and type !packlist for the pack listings.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am