Where to get releases

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Un_Colombiano
imanewbie

Post by Un_Colombiano »

OK got it. Thanks
cleavenger
imanewbie

Post by cleavenger »

Hi,

I really like Zetman. Can I host the series on my server?

Thanks,

Dean
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I don't see why not, just make sure the files are intact and the rar files are not repackaged or renamed. If you do host them, please post a link to where they can downloaded in the Direct Download thread in the Interstice.

Thank you much. :)
SadistiX
imanewbie

Post by SadistiX »

psi29a wrote:I don't see why not, just make sure the files are intact and the rar files are not repackaged or renamed. If you do host them, please post a link to where they can downloaded in the Direct Download thread in the Interstice.

Thank you much. :)
like, why dont u guys host ur files on free file hosts? :/
personally, i think they are faster, if u choose the right ones.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Because it is a waste of our time and BT is a more effecient distribution mechinism. Also, as a way to get people to sign up and use the forums, all direct downloads to EG's works are posted in the Interstice.

This also incourages groth of BT as a technology by forcing you to use it. More people that get used to it, the more popular the technology.

Best of all, BT has no advertisements... you can goto my tracker and get what you want without annoying banner ads. So, people can upload to filesharing sites like megaupload and the like, but I hate them with a passion.
SadistiX
imanewbie

Post by SadistiX »

just saying that u guys could offer alternatives to BT, for those who dont like BT.
also, the problem with BT is that most old and not so popular releases do not get enough seeders. i had to spend 2 months to download Ghost in the Shell 1.5
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

All of EG's releases are seeded, period.

http://bt.evil-genius.us <-- not a single 0 seed release.

That may be a problem for other groups, but not us.

We don't have to worry about offering direct downloads, as you can a) get it from the bots on IRC and b) goto the Interstice and look at the direct downloads offered by the generious few there. They also want only to be linked from the forums and will ban people (IPs) of those who post links to their direct downloads onto other places.

The only way to get them is to sign up in the forum, this discourages random law shark from tracking them down and sending them DMCA notices.

So, in summation we will _never_ offer direct downloads directly from EG's website. Right now, everything on the server is completely withen in the rule of law; from the tracker, to the torrents, to the forums you are in right now and we plan to keep it that way.
RamielRowe
imanewbie

Post by RamielRowe »

Hey, I was wondering if it would be alright if I put ya'lls scanlation of NHK on my website. It would be unpacked and the pictures used. Of course all credit will be given to [Evil_Genius] and a link will be put on the page.

The address is: http://ramiel.vulcagames.com:8000/
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Sure, very cool. Would you mind also putting a link to http://www.evil-genius.us as well somewhere around the files?

Also, if you could post a link to the files you host in the Interstice in the Direct Download section, that would be awesome as well.

We appreciate it.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

SadistiX wrote:just saying that u guys could offer alternatives to BT, for those who dont like BT.
also, the problem with BT is that most old and not so popular releases do not get enough seeders. i had to spend 2 months to download Ghost in the Shell 1.5
Have you looked at the first post of this thread? What do you think this thread is about?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Lsshin
imanewbie

Re: Where to get releases

Post by Lsshin »

if i want the first volume of zetman where should i go?
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Evil Genius didn't translate the first volume. It was Toriyama's World.
DarkOblivion
imanewbie

Post by DarkOblivion »

I just finished fully sorting my Berserk collection and uploaded it. It features:

-Fully consistent naming system for the whole collection.
-Chapters are named and ordered according to the Wikipedia and Skull Knight chapter lists.
-I edited the pages for chapters that were missing the chapter name. All chapters now have the English chapter title on them now.
-Fixed a few things like a stupid font that was used at the start of volume 12.

So I was just wondering am I allowed to post the link to it, either as a thread or in my sig or something?
sandimas
notanewb

Post by sandimas »

or you can download directly from my site!
banned from evil genius twice, from sk.net twice, facebook a lot, cant count, from hi5 too many!
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

Which no one should do since he steal other scanners and translators work and labels it as his own.
wawowe
imanewbie

Post by wawowe »

there is a bot in #evilgenius with berserk
pakkulist
sweatshack
imanewbie

Post by sweatshack »

Hello,
I seem to be having a problem reaching the evil genius bt page. I know I've downloaded from there previously (around ch 332 of berserk) but for the past week or so I havent been able to connect.
Wondering if it's just me or if theres a larger problem.
I realized I'm a few chapters behind in berserk and would love to catch up... excellent work btw, love the series and the scanlations
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Oops, fixed.
sweatshack
imanewbie

Post by sweatshack »

nice.
Thank you
Zet Cell B
imanewbie

Post by Zet Cell B »

So, Zetman Volume 13 is dead. I was downloading it piece-by-piece as you guys were putting it out, I got busy and forgot about it, now years later, Volumes 14-18 still work, and the only chapter I need is 158(the single chapter torrent is also dead, but you guys delete those when you finish the volumes anyway). Of course. My life. I could just check out one of those manga reader sites, but I like the high-quality images. Also, it doesn't look like anyone cares enough about Zetman to archive it anywhere for direct downloading.

Help?
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

It might not be dead, the older torrents can sometimes take 10-20 or more hours to connect. So maybe try leaving it on for a while. Or maybe it is dead.