IRC Leeching Guide (Especially Made For EG's Releases)

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

How do i get registered..?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Shijui
imanewbie

Post by Shijui »

to get registered, u have to type /ns register pass e-mail
where pass is the desired pass and e-mail being a non-hotmail e-mail..... and lurk bot are down so the pack list is prob down as well
vermillion
imanewbie

Post by vermillion »

A "non-hotmail email"? I registered with one, and I never had a problem.
Else there are invited guests, there is no party
Shijui
imanewbie

Post by Shijui »

it works sometimes, and other time it doesnt, thats y i dont recommend using a hotmail email as its not 100% guranteeded u receive the confirmation pass
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Might as well tell everyone now that the EG|Vicar bot's not on EG anymore, and removed from the list. So don't try to get stuff of it, because it's simply not there anymore, heh. You won't believe how many people tried to leech of it the last couple of days on IRC...mainly because it's at the top of the packlist, I think, heh. All they had to do is scroll down a bit for the EG|Zen3tin list...well, problem fixed now.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

My irc server list is empty so i cant change servers.

Does anyone know how i can fix that? I need the other server to download mangas.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Re-add all the Servers?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

When i add a irc server to list and then try to connect it,it doesnt connect.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Shekhinah
imanewbie

Post by Shekhinah »

um can someone tell me what to do when I attempt to join a channel but it ended saying "#(channel's name) cannot join channel (+R)?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

You're trying to get into lurk or something aren't you?

Most probably is because your nick isn't registered. To register it, type /ns register password email or something like that.

Seriously, lurk has over 750 people, it's getting ridiculous...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its only natural since Lurk has so many mangas. Nobody needs ckmoney anymore when Lurk is so much faster,easier.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Shekhinah wrote:um can someone tell me what to do when I attempt to join a channel but it ended saying "#(channel's name) cannot join channel (+R)?
If you still have problems, go to #lurknet.
Oh btw, I thought the ckmoney bots were offline, not that i used them.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Anyone can tell me what im doing wrong im trying to register on IRChighway and im trying to go in channel #lurk.

It says this to me.
Cannot join channel, channel allows registered nicknames only (+R)

So I try to register like this.
/msg nickserv register googlesucks MynameisFinito@aussiemail.com.au

And nothing happens cant connect yet. Anyone can nice enough to help me out.

Edit: I did it with a real aussiemail but the one above is fake so that no one would know my real one just in case.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think you need an gmail account to register you nick in irc. Atleast thats what i have been told.

My hotmail didnt work.

If you need gmail,let me know.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

My domain email worked.
There should be tuts or faqs for that but I don't know the irchighway site.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Finito

Post by Finito »

So I need a gmail or not I dont know well ill try with a gmail, might work better then. Dont know how to get one but ill ask Libaax through PM.

My bro registered on another server and he said that he did it on a site and not in IRC, anyone knows anything about that?

Whats a tuts?

Been trying to connect on #lurk for 3 days now, so complicated...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Alternatively, you can join #lurknet and they'll address all your queries, from registering a nick to downloading.

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Finito wrote:Whats a tuts
A tutorial. ;)
Finito

Post by Finito »

Ok didnt connect on #lurk yet(I didnt try for reasons), but for now im asking myself, how do you know who is a bot and how do you get there lists of files?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Finito

Post by Finito »

Whooaa those bots got alot of stuff :lol: Thanks alot dude :wink:

I think the first post should be extended with the infos how to register on IRCHighway and maybe give that link too with some recomendations...

Edit: Im on their forums and their seems to be a guide to register already.

On their forum in < Support and Feedback ~ Having trouble joining #lurk? READ HERE.

So maybe just an explanation on how to get there.

If someone had knew you could just have told me that site faster and it would have saved me 2 days of trying to register... :x
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Alright, I've updated the first post with pretty pics and new material. If you see material that should be contributed to this guide or some questions that need to be answered, make no hesitation to post in this thread. You can also give feedback to this guide by posting here, if it has helped you any.

Made you all think there was a release with this post, didn't I?

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, nice. That post has accumulated some very useful info.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dunno if the guide as helped me much but when i had problem with irc people helped me in this thread so i appreciete that.