Forum Ideas & Suggestions

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Why not just let users pick a different color scheme than the default 'dark blue'? I would imagine this would be easier to change on the backend than designing and implementing a whole new template. I'm on an old analog LCD monitor (for now, new hotness is waiting at home for me) that's only rated at 250 cd/m². It was really difficult for me to see things on the screen during the day when I had even minor sunlight in my room. Just a thought.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

The whole thing with the new member Hawk brought to my attention that searches could be made a little easier. When I did a search for "fan art" in the berserk forum, nothing came up until i read the instructions and added a * for a partial search (despite the thread being named Fan Art). I doubt many people will do that. Is it possible to make it where you dont have to add a *?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

but you still managed to find it.

phpbb has always been sketchy with search function, it can be powerful you kow how to use it. however, it requires some reading to understand.

phpbb3 will have better search capabilities (entirely new sub-system to handle that).

Also, the hawk could have just as easily look at the front page of the berserk section for the fan art section. It was right there, he/she just didn't bother to read the pre-existing threads which imho is a sin against all forums everywhere. :P
Avulsion
imanewbie

Re: Forum Ideas & Suggestions

Post by Avulsion »

A bright skin would just irritate my eyes. My problem is the inability to move the avatar section to the left side. When you switch forum to forum, where the avatars are lined up on the left, all of this becomes confusing. That or allow users to change skins for themselves. Everyone would be merry.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Considering that his is the default behavior of phpBB3 's default template and a majority of the world runs on phpBB's forum code... it may be something that everyone should get used to. :D

Personally, it grows on ya and I have no problem moving amongst forums.
Avulsion
imanewbie

Post by Avulsion »

Oh, really? I'm out of touch with the rest of the world so I usually find myself weeping softly into the keyboard when faced with drastic changes like these.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Avulsion wrote:Oh, really? I'm out of touch with the rest of the world so I usually find myself weeping softly into the keyboard when faced with drastic changes like these.
No worries, we will continue working on the forums, tweaking it to make it better. Nothing is set in stone.

Now... to get more people posting, that is the mission. :D
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Well, I loved the simplicity of the old layout, but this is definitely something I could get used to. The right-aligned avas ain't too bad either... actually, I'm just glad that my avatar finally showed up. :D

Oh, and any chance of a spoiler BBCode, psi? You know, like a hidden text-mouseover kinda thing? I think it would see a lot of use.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

EnglishJim wrote:Well, I loved the simplicity of the old layout, but this is definitely something I could get used to. The right-aligned avas ain't too bad either... actually, I'm just glad that my avatar finally showed up. :D

Oh, and any chance of a spoiler BBCode, psi? You know, like a hidden text-mouseover kinda thing? I think it would see a lot of use.
Oh yes, I can probably whip something up today along the line of:

Code: Select all

[spoiler]I'm a spoiler[/spoiler]
I don't have it working yet, but soon. Thanks for reminding me. :D

edit:

This is a test of the [spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler] system, this is only a test.

edit:

OK, spoiler code is in place. Enjoy.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Over the weekend, there where some network outages as some of the staff was re-arranging some things. This may or may not be more common in the future and I certainly hope not. To allay fears, this wasn't a DDOS or anything like it. Most likely someone forgot to plug back in a router or something stupid trivial.

That is all. :P
tiberius9876
imanewbie

Post by tiberius9876 »

I dont know how many of you guys use facebook but if a fair number of you do Id like to see a group of evil genius members. Never hurts to spread the good word (especially when its as good as a new issue of berserk ).
"Disneyland. Fuck, man, this is better than Disneyland." -Apocalypse Now
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

We'll see, need to run it past Eldo-sama first.
lava_licker
imanewbie

suggestion...Ergo proxy manga

Post by lava_licker »

hi hi. im really new here, and i joined to see if you had the ergo proxy manga. anwho after being totally blown away by the ergo proxy anime, i just want to read more about the characters and story. If any kind hearted soul translater is reading, please could you scan n translate the ergo proxy manga(s. its called ; centzon hitchers and undertaker. there are 2 volumes only. and its in japanese and unreleased over here. It'd be tottally cool as no ones scanned this and ergo proxy is just sexay.(watch the anime its beutyfull). i want to know morreeee about everything. also why in the stupid anime, thingy and vincent only kissed once in the early ep, and then in the final ep, vincent was busy bummin proxy one rather then being with his beloved, wtf. grrr. that episode , real mayer shoulda kissed n groped vincent and vice versa. because the whole series was just her being mean to vincent, it would of made perfect harmony to end it that way.Since she supposedly loved him, but continued to bully him throughout the series, the ending they gave it was depressing.In the final episode Proxy one call's them both lovers when he see's them together, and they behave far from it. At the end they didnt kiss or anything, despite vincents raison de^tre being real mayer. And the show finishes with real saying '' lets go get that troublesome man''. then the show ends before she arrives to finallly achknowledge that he's her beloved and that she luff's him, followed by exessive kiss n gropin. booooOOooOOo bad ending TT.TT since the whole series was like a love story, the proxy stuff just being a distraction,with real comin to realise she cant live without vincent .

so im hoping that in the manga , since their always alternative to the anime's. theyll be more emotional depth rather then the brick wall that was the anime.
And get rid of the depressingness the anime left in my head. (honestly , i havnt watched a single anime that has made me want to live. lol +o+ )
and i would like to see vincent with his eventual non moody beloved ,embraced in each others grasp for all eternity in the shitty unstable paradox that they happen to live in. XD. Oh yeah and kiss n grooping and a romantical ending, after all the pain and hardships that they endured throughout vincents journey.!!!!
without being with each other once as luvers, it'd be a an ideal ending, they ow it to each other.

so pleas pleas, could you luffly translators translate the manga , it'd be simply wondefulll. im sure its intresting enough just reading this post,lol. now watch the anime,then translate the manga , and put it up for everyone pwes pwes.
im sure everyone would luv yuh for it.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: suggestion...Ergo proxy manga

Post by Eldo »

lava_licker wrote:hi hi. im really new here, and i joined to see if you had the ergo proxy manga. anwho after being totally blown away by the ergo proxy anime, i just want to read more about the characters and story. If any kind hearted soul translater is reading, please could you scan n translate the ergo proxy manga(s. its called ; centzon hitchers and undertaker. there are 2 volumes only. and its in japanese and unreleased over here. It'd be tottally cool as no ones scanned this and ergo proxy is just sexay.(watch the anime its beutyfull). i want to know morreeee about everything. also why in the stupid anime, thingy and vincent only kissed once in the early ep, and then in the final ep, vincent was busy bummin proxy one rather then being with his beloved, wtf. grrr. that episode , real mayer shoulda kissed n groped vincent and vice versa. because the whole series was just her being mean to vincent, it would of made perfect harmony to end it that way.Since she supposedly loved him, but continued to bully him throughout the series, the ending they gave it was depressing.In the final episode Proxy one call's them both lovers when he see's them together, and they behave far from it. At the end they didnt kiss or anything, despite vincents raison de^tre being real mayer. And the show finishes with real saying '' lets go get that troublesome man''. then the show ends before she arrives to finallly achknowledge that he's her beloved and that she luff's him, followed by exessive kiss n gropin. booooOOooOOo bad ending TT.TT since the whole series was like a love story, the proxy stuff just being a distraction,with real comin to realise she cant live without vincent .

so im hoping that in the manga , since their always alternative to the anime's. theyll be more emotional depth rather then the brick wall that was the anime.
And get rid of the depressingness the anime left in my head. (honestly , i havnt watched a single anime that has made me want to live. lol +o+ )
and i would like to see vincent with his eventual non moody beloved ,embraced in each others grasp for all eternity in the shitty unstable paradox that they happen to live in. XD. Oh yeah and kiss n grooping and a romantical ending, after all the pain and hardships that they endured throughout vincents journey.!!!!
without being with each other once as luvers, it'd be a an ideal ending, they ow it to each other.

so pleas pleas, could you luffly translators translate the manga , it'd be simply wondefulll. im sure its intresting enough just reading this post,lol. now watch the anime,then translate the manga , and put it up for everyone pwes pwes.
No.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

tiberius9876 wrote:I dont know how many of you guys use facebook but if a fair number of you do Id like to see a group of evil genius members. Never hurts to spread the good word (especially when its as good as a new issue of berserk ).
There is already kind of an EG group on facebook.

Its called Berserkaholics Annon. and its headed up by Dr. Fuji, chief addiction counselor. heh. Its kinda dead but I just wanted to throw it out there.
blu3
imanewbie

Post by blu3 »

mhm i really think something needs to be done about the layout,
1. wtf is up with the poster info on the right ? its real hard to get used to.
2. width. the content area shouldnt fill the whole screen. on big screens it gets reaaally wide and it takes like hours to read 1 line.
3. i think a blue theme is fine, it could be even darker, but there is so little contrast that there is no real distinction between foreground and background.
4.i dont think the banner should feature any manga renders, theyre really hard to blend because of the visible pen strokes. also the font used in the banner doesnt really match the theme imo.
i tried applying those points to the current theme and this is what i ended up with this, http://www.pic-upload.de/30.11.08/t3oqm4.jpg if u like it i can start making a phpBB skin out of it.(but if you simply prefer your current one tell me so i dont waste time ^^)
constructive criticism is ofc welcome too.

other points would be
4. a Reputation function would be really nice.
5. MORE SMILIES :shock:
Last edited by blu3 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

blu3 wrote:mhm i really think something needs to be done about the layout,
1. wtf is up with the poster info on the right ? its real hard to get used to.
2. width. the content area shouldnt fill the whole screen. on big screens it gets reaaally wide and it takes like hours to read 1 line.
3. i think a blue theme is fine, it could be even darker, but there is so little contrast that there is no real distinction between foreground and background.
4.i dont think the banner should feature any manga renders, theyre really hard to blend because of the visible pen strokes. also the font used in the banner doesnt really match the theme imo.
i tried applying those points to the current theme and this is what i ended up with this, http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq13 ... ta/eg2.jpg if u like it i can start making a phpBB skin out of it.(but if you simply prefer your current one tell me so i dont waste time ^^)
constructive criticism is ofc welcome too.

other points would be
4. a Reputation function would be really nice.
5. MORE SMILIES :shock:
1. No, overruled.
2. Agree, but trivial to fix. I just don't have the time and it isn't a big deal.
3. Disagree. At the very least not going to go darker.
4. Again, disagree. I think the banner looks nice while your suggested banner is rather plain.
4b. Absolutely not.
5. psi added a bunch of smilies and I don't really see the need for more.

If you want to redo the thread icons, that'd be nice. Some of them just don't fit and the brand ones need some smoothing.
blu3
imanewbie

Post by blu3 »

mhm thats rlly sad 4me cos i rlly find it a pain to browse this forum the way it is :< .
i could make icons but u have to tell me how u want them to look. would be best if u just email me a description.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I agree with Arke. I don't think it's as bad as all that. I like the layout we have here, it looks good to me. It's nice on the eyes and its easy for me to peruse. It could maybe use a few minor touch-ups, but it's good for the most-part. I don't see any major changes that need to be done. I like the width of the page too, it doesn't require me to scroll sideways, and I don't like it when the tables are as small as you suggested. Not everyone owns giant ass wide-screen monitors, or whatever. >.>
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Eldo wrote:
lava_licker wrote:hi hi. im really new here, and i joined to see if you had the ergo proxy manga. anwho after being totally blown away by the ergo proxy anime, i just want to read more about the characters and story. If any kind hearted soul translater is reading, please could you scan n translate the ergo proxy manga(s. its called ; centzon hitchers and undertaker. there are 2 volumes only. and its in japanese and unreleased over here. It'd be tottally cool as no ones scanned this and ergo proxy is just sexay.(watch the anime its beutyfull). i want to know morreeee about everything. also why in the stupid anime, thingy and vincent only kissed once in the early ep, and then in the final ep, vincent was busy bummin proxy one rather then being with his beloved, wtf. grrr. that episode , real mayer shoulda kissed n groped vincent and vice versa. because the whole series was just her being mean to vincent, it would of made perfect harmony to end it that way.Since she supposedly loved him, but continued to bully him throughout the series, the ending they gave it was depressing.In the final episode Proxy one call's them both lovers when he see's them together, and they behave far from it. At the end they didnt kiss or anything, despite vincents raison de^tre being real mayer. And the show finishes with real saying '' lets go get that troublesome man''. then the show ends before she arrives to finallly achknowledge that he's her beloved and that she luff's him, followed by exessive kiss n gropin. booooOOooOOo bad ending TT.TT since the whole series was like a love story, the proxy stuff just being a distraction,with real comin to realise she cant live without vincent .

No.
lol best reply in the history of mankind!
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

fujinsan wrote:
Eldo wrote:

No.
lol best reply in the history of mankind!
That wouldnt be a first for the Doc. With his experience, discerning serious mental illness symptoms leading to suicide is kind of a spiritual reflex.
lava_licker wrote:And get rid of the depressingness the anime left in my head. (honestly , i havnt watched a single anime that has made me want to live. lol +o+ )
Not only the best in awesomeness but the best for the well being of mankind that is related to this forum and any acts he does is totally justified by his unrefutable Evil Genius reputation, even if it means some sacrifices have to be done, but I speak without the immense knowledge and experience of a being of that magnitude and a single dot or missing space that I would misinterpret could represent something completely different so I'll just shut...
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Any idea why the server wasn't working for a while?
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Not entirely sure of the cause, but had a few runaway processes that used all the RAM, giving OOM errors to anything new.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Not quite sure if this is the proper place to report errors but the torrents for Chapter 278 and 288 say the wrong chapter numbers on the individual file names. Chapter 278's filenames say "c277" and Chapter 288's filenames say "c287". The rar file/folder name says the right chapter though.

http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/stats.ht ... 699fbd19da
http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/stats.ht ... 09f6da8991
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Yep. It'll be fixed when I re-release the volumes, which should be soon.